MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bontempelli article is a doomsday scenario for the dogs but its why we have to be careful with someone like Hogan

Right now at the dogs, Macrae, Libba, Stringer, Dalhaus etc are 3 times the players Boyd is and even factoring in that he is a key forward are worth more than half of what he is being paid

You cant have 7 guys on over half a million though before they turn 24

If we were to offer Hogan a stupid contract like that you can bet Tysons manager will come to the club and say he is worth the same if not more, the AFL needs to remove the option for players to choose their club and instead allow clubs to trade for the best deal
That would stop so many players demanding to leave if they have no Idea where they are going

If we were to offer Hogan a stupid contract like that you can bet Tysons manager will come to the club and say he is worth the same if not more, the AFL needs to remove the option for players to choose their club and instead allow clubs to trade for the best deal
That would stop so many players demanding to leave if they have no Idea where they are going

Don't think there is a rule like that - players just pick a club they want to go to to force their current club to deal with them, implying they'd reject contracts at the other clubs and walk to the draft if they don't get traded there.

The Bontempelli article is a doomsday scenario for the dogs but its why we have to be careful with someone like Hogan

Right now at the dogs, Macrae, Libba, Stringer, Dalhaus etc are 3 times the players Boyd is and even factoring in that he is a key forward are worth more than half of what he is being paid

You cant have 7 guys on over half a million though before they turn 24

Yep, they get the chance to go wherever they want with FA, once they have done their time. If you want out early you go wherever the club sends you. The players and PA are pissing me off atm, they want their cake and to eat too! The nerve.

Don't think there is a rule like that - players just pick a club they want to go to to force their current club to deal with them, implying they'd reject contracts at the other clubs and walk to the draft if they don't get traded there.

It's up to the clubs to make more players walk to the draft

It's up to the clubs to make more players walk to the draft

It's a lot to give up for a point of principle. Can't let a #1 draft pick walk out two years down the road and get nothing in return.

It's a lot to give up for a point of principle. Can't let a #1 draft pick walk out two years down the road and get nothing in return.

The Tom Boyd one just sucks I guess but they should have maybe offered him to everyone in the afl because I couldn't see a player actually sitting out 2 seasons

The Tom Boyd one just sucks I guess but they should have maybe offered him to everyone in the afl because I couldn't see a player actually sitting out 2 seasons
Two? I thought Boyd only had one remaining?

But your point stands. I can't see a player sitting out for one season, let alone two.

Two? I thought Boyd only had one remaining?

But your point stands. I can't see a player sitting out for one season, let alone two.

Sorry I thought there was some rule that if you refuse to play for the club that drafts you you have to sit out 2 seasons

Good to see Brisbane have abolished the Paddlepop lion.

Beats me why clubs f*** around with jumpers. Yes I understand it's all about marketing/branding (and if it's broke, fix it -- i.e. old Freo and Port jumpers) but why don't marketing departments take out their petty meddling on the Twitter display profile picture instead of the metaphorical soul of the club?

There you go. Didn't know I had that rant in me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does seem as though a number of clubs have positioned themselves for free agency cap room.

I imagine we're as well positioned as anyone, but a few will sign during the year, and there will only be so many top end free agents available next year.

Sorry I thought there was some rule that if you refuse to play for the club that drafts you you have to sit out 2 seasons
There may well be.

I thought you were referring specifically to Boyd being one year into his standard two year draft contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back