News Phil Walsh - New AFC Coach and Art Critic

Remove this Banner Ad

No, selections, DVDs, annoying voice, no teeth
Wearing shorts all the time (those thighs!), buzz words/phrases like capacity and finals-like intensity, dropping Walker repeatedly, getting us to run off the ground at half time, gum chewing

Wearing shorts all the time (those thighs!), buzz words/phrases like capacity and finals-like intensity, dropping Walker repeatedly, getting us to run off the ground at half time, gum chewing
shudder.jpg

Brings up another question. As you say, Geelong are potentially targeting a specific player. What if he's not best available at that point, do they still take him. We never target specific need with our early picks, our strategy is best available. How common is a rusted on 'best available' strategy across the league?

Not very common I would say - that's why, for example, Port got Wines & Wingard

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone owed a lot of money. A lot of money went missing.
Two people drew a very large income from a charity as well.
was that someone possibly involved with a bikers wife too?

Someone owed a lot of money. A lot of money went missing.
Two people drew a very large income from a charity as well.

I think Bone is a bit of a knob, but having worked with the foundation and knowing quite a few people in it (who all left around the same time due to a certain person); I was always of the belief that Bone was never the problem there..

was that someone possibly involved with a bikers wife too?
Quite possibly...
I think Bone is a bit of a knob, but having worked with the foundation and knowing quite a few people in it (who all left around the same time due to a certain person); I was always of the belief that Bone was never the problem there..
You may be right, but most charities at the time didn't have to show what % of donations actually went to the cause. I think it is better now, but if you look at some of the big name charities, once admin costs and wages are taken out, the actual % sent on was shockingly low.

Quite possibly...

You may be right, but most charities at the time didn't have to show what % of donations actually went to the cause. I think it is better now, but if you look at some of the big name charities, once admin costs and wages are taken out, the actual % sent on was shockingly low.

I know that, and I'd have no problem criticising McDermott if that was the case, but even from the disgruntled people who were leaving at the time, I was given the impression that he was in it for the right reasons, and didn't exploit the charity for his own beneit.

I look forward to reading the Training Reports!

Yeah I'm hoping for more photo's of our players training for footy and less of that tug or war bullshit we had under Sando. Not saying tug of war doesn't build strength but surely there are better ways we could be preparing our players.

Hope Walshy thrashes them this preseason. Our running standards we're slipping under Sando.

I know I'm re-raising an observation I've already made, but we're going back to an anaerobic run all day type fitness program? Funny how footy goes in full circles. In 2012 it was all about bulk, now it's back to where we started.

Perhaps when the next footy trend comes around we should just stick it out for a few years and then we'll be ahead of the pack.

I know I'm re-raising an observation I've already made, but we're going back to an anaerobic run all day type fitness program? Funny how footy goes in full circles. In 2012 it was all about bulk, now it's back to where we started.

Perhaps when the next footy trend comes around we should just stick it out for a few years and then we'll be ahead of the pack.

Remembering too that 2012 we were still rotating heavily ( ave ~ 160 ) ; if i recall more than any other team ; and then the 120 rotation cap came in 2013 which sort of changed the scene quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back