Toast Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed a fair bit of your posting during the trade period, mostly because the Randy Savage avatar.

Gotta say, you seemed to have had a lot of "mail" throughout that time that kept going **** up.
What are you talking about? My mail was that the deal was done a week before papers got signed. The whole 5 team trade. I have ears on the inside mate, my mail is never wrong

What are you talking about? My mail was that the deal was done a week before papers got signed. The whole 5 team trade. I have ears on the inside mate, my mail is never wrong

Bring_Back_Brad on September 7 said:
I can tell you it's all a load of rubbish.
Dayne is not homesick at all, he has bought a home and is setting himself up to get married and start a family in Melbourne, plenty of people in the know can attest to this.

Yeah, you're a regular Nostradamus.

Crisp will be a better player than Beams in a couple years.
Beams has lost the hunger, don't expect you'll get much more than a B-grader in the long run.
People keep saying we lost in the trade but I think quite the opposite.
Several players in the top5 of the draft who can have an immediate impact and have more class than beams.

Still stings huh. Don't worry the pain will go away but not until after round 1 next year.

Shame we can't even have a magnanimous "toast" thread to a former player without blow-in trolls coming to turn it into something acrimonious.

Really poor form.

I have ears on the inside mate, my mail is never wrong

Bring_Back_Brad said:
Dayne is not homesick at all, he has bought a home and is setting himself up to get married and start a family in Melbourne, plenty of people in the know can attest to this.

Might need to take a leaf out of of this oldtimers book. Better place to put your "mail".

dog_box.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisp will be a better player than Beams in a couple years.
Beams has lost the hunger, don't expect you'll get much more than a B-grader in the long run.
People keep saying we lost in the trade but I think quite the opposite.
Several players in the top5 of the draft who can have an immediate impact and have more class than beams.

Whatever helps you sleep at night BBB. Delusion is quite a relaxant for some.

GCS willing to trade O'Meara for Beams, that would have to be insanity from Gold Coast, and something even further to suggest that was an actual trade that would have gone through. I think Hanley for Beams would be more realistic.

That being said, on paper it would say we won the Beams trade but on paper would also say last year we lost out on the GH5. That proved not to be the case. Collingwood will probably do well out of pick 5 and Crisp but we shouldn't compare or worry if Crisp will be better, Beams was brought in for the now and also the future, he'll bring his talent but also the media presence which is exactly what we need, and something Crisp or pick 5 wouldn't give us.

Might need to take a leaf out of of this oldtimers book. Better place to put your "mail".

dog_box.jpg

In this case the problem wasn't that that was where he was posting his mail.

The problem is that that's where he was picking up his mail from.

GCS willing to trade O'Meara for Beams, that would have to be insanity from Gold Coast, and something even further to suggest that was an actual trade that would have gone through. I think Hanley for Beams would be more realistic.

That being said, on paper it would say we won the Beams trade but on paper would also say last year we lost out on the GH5. That proved not to be the case. Collingwood will probably do well out of pick 5 and Crisp but we shouldn't compare or worry if Crisp will be better, Beams was brought in for the now and also the future, he'll bring his talent but also the media presence which is exactly what we need, and something Crisp or pick 5 wouldn't give us.
Omeara is shopping around for a big contract. GCS want to offload him and get something for him before he walks. Same situation as GWS and Boyd. So not such an insane idea they would give him up for Beams.

I don't remember any 5 team trade happening?

Omeara is shopping around for a big contract. GCS want to offload him and get something for him before he walks. Same situation as GWS and Boyd. So not such an insane idea they would give him up for Beams.

I doubt that, Boyd lasted 1 year and the Bulldogs had to pay Griffen + Pick 6 to get him. Also, if Griffen hadn't requested a trade, do you still think the Boyd deal would have got done? O'Meara is committed until the end of 2016 and the Gold Coast is hardly like living in Western Sydney. Besides, there is a greater likely hood that Gold Coast will be in finals contention in 2015 or 2016, trading him away early would hurt those chances, it doesn't make logical sense to offer him up to 'get value while you can'.

I love how you're skating around your previous assertion that Beams was going nowhere. Quality trolling.

Collingwood, Brisbane, North Melbourne, Geelong, Melbourne.

Brisbane: Dayne Beams, Pick 67
Collingwood: Pick 5, Pick 25, Jack Crisp.

2 teams, one trade.

Just because Collingwood and their media lackeys tried to falsely sell it as a complex mega trade that saw Collingwood get three mature players for Beams to befuddle their fans doesn't mean you have to subject us to the propaganda as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back