Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

R1: v North Melbourne Sunday day (H)
R2: v Collingwood Saturday twilight (A)
R3: v Melbourne Saturday day (H)
R4: v Bulldogs Sunday twilight (A)
R5: v Port Adelaide Sunday twilight (H)
R6: v Gold Coast Suns Saturday twilight (A)
R7: v St Kilda Saturday day (H)
R8: v GWS Saturday day (A)
R9: v Fremantle Saturday night (H)
R10: v Carlton Saturday day (A)
R11: BYE
R12: v Hawthorn Thursday night (H)
R13: v Brisbane Saturday twilight (A)
R14: v Geelong Sunday (H)
R15: v West Coast Saturday night (A)
R16: v Port Sunday day (A)
R17: v Gold Coast Saturday day (H)
R18: v Sydney Saturday twilight (A)
R19: v Richmond Friday night (H)
R20: v Essendon Saturday day (A)
R21: v Brisbane Saturday night (H)
R22: v West Coast Sunday day (H)
R23: v Geelong TBA (A)

Should be at worst 6-4 at the BYE. Should make the 8 on this draw.

Should be at worst 6-4 at the BYE. Should make the 8 on this draw.
Should have learned by now NEVER to make predictions based on THIS years results. In fact, if you HAD based it on THIS years results, you would not be saying that with any confidence whatsoever! ;)

I think it's deeper than that. If we turn it around, our attendances might go up 5%-10%.

If Port turns things around, they go up 150%.

When your whole business model is based on growth, even if we go 22-0 and beat Hawthorn by 200 points in the Granny, we're still going to get whatever the AFL wants to give us because our crowds are usually there.

In reality, you guys if you are playing half decent football will get 45k plus to every game. The commercial aspect is not as important. You sell out your membership, you sell out your corporates. Your fixture makes it easier to win games and make finals, which at this stage of your cycle as a team and club is more important wouldn't you think? Especially if Paddy is saying finals or bust.

This is overall much better this year for travelling - 1 x sat twilight and 2 x sat afternoon in Melb - much better than last year
Speak for yourself.
As someone who works Saturday with Sunday off.
And is in Europe for the 1 weekend next year where we're away on a Sunday game.
This away schedule is a nightmare.

11 games I cant go to unless I cancel work.

Which I think ill be doing for the Sydney game, and perhaps even the Collingwood game.

Im going to Europe for my parents 25th wedding anniversary and I miss the Melbourne and Port Adelaide games. At least Ill be back for the St Kilda game, Parents wont be though.

We are off to World Gymnaestrada in Finland in July so the plan was to leave start of July and be back start of August. Last time I went OS I planned it so that I missed no home games and only away games! This time we have official things so we have to be there at those times.

Hmmmm, represent my country that only happens every 4 years or attend crows games.
he-wasnt-actually-bad-was-he.gif

We are off to World Gymnaestrada in Finland in July so the plan was to leave start of July and be back start of August. Last time I went OS I planned it so that I missed no home games and only away games! This time we have official things so we have to be there at those times.

Hmmmm, represent my country that only happens every 4 years or attend crows games.

Is that like the Masters of Gymnastics? ;)

In reality, you guys if you are playing half decent football will get 45k plus to every game. The commercial aspect is not as important. You sell out your membership, you sell out your corporates. Your fixture makes it easier to win games and make finals, which at this stage of your cycle as a team and club is more important wouldn't you think? Especially if Paddy is saying finals or bust.

Look I agree - the commercial aspect isn't as important if we keep selling memberships and sponsorships. But that strength is then a weakness come fixture time because Gilligan and Simo just look at our crowds and go 'you know what, they'll come anyway' - give them that 3.35am Wednesday morning game.

Is that like the Masters of Gymnastics? ;)

Nope it is for all ages. The Australian team members will start at 5 years of age and go up to considerably older than that. ;)

It's seven continuous days of gymnastics with over 25,000 participants from all over the world. It's going to be the largest event ever held in Finland. It's for everyone.

Oh and Master's games, you only have to be over 20 to be compete at Masters levels in gymnastics. Been there, won it three times ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is an easy choice NikkiNoo! ;)

Nope it is for all ages. The Australian team members will start at 5 years of age and go up to considerably older than that. ;)

It's seven continuous days of gymnastics with over 25,000 participants from all over the world. It's going to be the largest event ever held in Finland. It's for everyone.

Oh and Master's games, you only have to be over 20 to be compete at Masters levels in gymnastics. Been there, won it three times ;)

Touche Nikki, touche ;)

Agreed - I was invited to a once in a lifetime event (If they do it right) in someones wedding.
I came to Adelaide, flew over, spent a few nights.......................Skipped the ceremony for my first ever home Crows game :p
Mum went to the ceremony and dad joined her for the reception, but yeah.

I know, but we used to schedule gymnastics events around crows games when we were in charge of the events in this state :D

I'm still pissed at my family going to the NAB grand final against West Coast and I had to stay and do the sound for the Fringe show. They got others to fill in their jobs but no one could fill in mine. Footy has always primarily ruled our family outings!

At this stage we are the no2 team from SA in terms of love from the AFL and we just have to turn it around.

When the Crows have to be given the same leg up as Port, that's when to start worrying as to which team is No1 in SA. Crows got a fixture warranted by finishing 10th, and Port got a fixture warranted by finishing 3rd(after finals). That the AFL have no need to do us any favours is proof of which is the premier team in this state.

Look I agree - the commercial aspect isn't as important if we keep selling memberships and sponsorships. But that strength is then a weakness come fixture time because Gilligan and Simo just look at our crowds and go 'you know what, they'll come anyway' - give them that 3.35am Wednesday morning game.

At least that is a guaranteed stand alone fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back