Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

We are off to World Gymnaestrada in Finland in July so the plan was to leave start of July and be back start of August. Last time I went OS I planned it so that I missed no home games and only away games! This time we have official things so we have to be there at those times.

Hmmmm, represent my country that only happens every 4 years or attend crows games.
he-wasnt-actually-bad-was-he.gif
So you're staying to watch the Crows then right?

On a whole I'm optimistic with this fixture. A lot of tough teams at home which helps.

What I am worried about though, is playing GC and Lions twice, 2 teams that could be significantly better than where they were at last year. Port will always be a 50-50 game regardless of ladder position or form. Eagles...? Mehh I don't see them as a threat at all really. They've had a seriously bad run with injuries last few years, but I still don't rate them on the whole. As for north, we have a reasonable record against them, so I'm happy we are playing them twice out of all other finalists.

I know, but we used to schedule gymnastics events around crows games when we were in charge of the events in this state :D

I'm still pissed at my family going to the NAB grand final against West Coast and I had to stay and do the sound for the Fringe show. They got others to fill in their jobs but no one could fill in mine. Footy has always primarily ruled our family outings!
Same same. Nothing happens in our family without consulting the fixture first.

I think it's deeper than that. If we turn it around, our attendances might go up 5%-10%.

If Port turns things around, they go up 150%.

When your whole business model is based on growth, even if we go 22-0 and beat Hawthorn by 200 points in the Granny, we're still going to get whatever the AFL wants to give us because our crowds are usually there.
True - but therein lies the challenge for Fages. He needs to increase the supporter base and not just rely upon the rusted on old base.

We must broaden our appeal and not just assume.

Only 5 night games all up, sh*t load of twilights. port get 10 night games all up. They will dominate the crowds once again! how the fk can a suburban team get a record crowd over a team that covers most of SA? i just wish our season ticket holders would get off their a$$ and rock up to the games so when it is a "sell out" we get 53K! NOT 48K or 50K. How can a team in 2011/12 go from having 16K at their games to having crowd crowds of 50K and record crowds. bandwagoners! hate them! last year for our crows v hawks blockbuster game and the richmond game on the sat night, they were sellouts and the weather forcasted was terrible! the tigers game it rained and the hawks game was average weather also.. i believe that poor weather cost us the record crowd.
I hope to god on ports "blockbuster" games it rains!
2 weeks that worry me is we play west coast in perth on a sat night away in round 15, port play the pies on the thursday night of that week.
week later the showdown is on the sunday... port have extra 2 days and we have to travel back from perth.

There thats my whinge. not a bad fixture but would have liked to get Carlton this year at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 5 night games all up, sh*t load of twilights. port get 10 night games all up. They will dominate the crowds once again! how the fk can a suburban team get a record crowd over a team that covers most of SA? i just wish our season ticket holders would get off their a$$ and rock up to the games so when it is a "sell out" we get 53K! NOT 48K or 50K. How can a team in 2011/12 go from having 16K at their games to having crowd crowds of 50K and record crowds. bandwagoners! hate them! last year for our crows v hawks blockbuster game and the richmond game on the sat night, they were sellouts and the weather forcasted was terrible! the tigers game it rained and the hawks game was average weather also.. i beleive that poor weather cost us the record crowd.
I hope to god on ports "blockbuster" games it rains!
2 weeks that worry me is we play west coast in perth on a sat night away in round 15, port play the pies on the thursday night of that week.
week later the showdown is on the sunday... port have extra 2 days and we have to travel back from perth.

There thatsb my whinge. not a bad fixture but would have liked to get Carlton this year at home.

Port finish in the top 4 = night games as they rate better.

You get what you deserve.

Kissed on the dick with this draw! You guys will make the 8 easily.
Really? Our double up games are;
Port - Top 3 team
Geelong - Top 5 team
West Coast - Predicted to be top 6 team
Gold Coast - Expected to be top 8 team (and now with a decent coach as well)
Brisbane - um which team post trade period is expected to improve the most?

This for a team that finished 10th. Hmmm.

Would have preferred to play my double ups against;
North Melbourne
Port
Essendon
Collingwood
St Kilda

It's not a terrible draw, but kissed on the dick we are not.

as a melbourne based member, not happy we get only 4 games in melbourne as opposed to the 5 we got this year. hopefully the price of membership reflects this..

Kissed on the dick with this draw! You guys will make the 8 easily.
This coming from a Port troll?
You have 4 games against teams better than you and 18 against worse teams.
We on the other hand have an average fixture with a perfect 11/11 split between better and worse teams.

Port finish in the top 4 = night games as they rate better.

You get what you deserve.
The AFL know port fans are fickle, that was proven when you only get 34-36k to day games this season. so the AFL nned port to play at night for the extra 10-15K

Remove this Banner Ad

Back