2015 Brisbane Lions Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what our record is in games where opposition players have milestone games.

I know that our record in those games involving our own players is woeful.
Rockys 100th was pretty great.
And Mcgraths 200th :thumbsu:

They were indeed, but Warwick is correct, we don't have a great record in Milestone games for our players.
It's true, especially in recent years with such a young group. Fingers crossed that changes with experience!

Have you seen our record against Richmond? It's diabolical

They're not much chop in all seriousness :thumbsdown:

I'd be disappointed if we lost to them at home.

We're adding 4 decent pieces of talent into our best 18 next season in Beams, Christensen, Rich & Leuenberger. It's a fair chunk of experience and quality :footy:

If we're able to get Robinson in the right frame of mind and Staker and McGuane playing roles; that's 7 experienced players who could make a big difference across the whole season :thumbsu:

They're not much chop in all seriousness :thumbsdown:

I'd be disappointed if we lost to them at home.

We're adding 4 decent pieces of talent into our best 18 next season in Beams, Christensen, Rich & Leuenberger. It's a fair chunk of experience and quality :footy:

If we're able to get Robinson in the right frame of mind and Staker and McGuane playing roles; that's 7 experienced players who could make a big difference across the whole season :thumbsu:
If we have a good chunk to choose from we should have a show on paper.I'm just not sure how quickly into season we'll be playing close to optimum footy with new players/players adjusting to different roles.

Not sure what our record is in games where opposition players have milestone games.

I know that our record in those games involving our own players is woeful.
With a win-loss ratio of about 35% in recent years, it's not really a surprise. Win more games and you have a better chance of winning milestone games.

1 game at the MCG is a joke, especially when you compare Collingwood and Richmond who have 14. FOURTEEN!
Comparing Brisbane who play home games at the GABBA and have a membership of not very much, against Collingwood & Richmond who play home games at the MCG and both have enough members to fill Etihad without opposition supporters doesn't really make sense. Add to that we probably requested a home game against Collingwood and possibly also Richmond doesn't leave many more opportunities for matches against sides that play home games at the G.
We've got North Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton, Western Bulldogs at Etihad. Any of those games at the MCG would be like playing in a ghost town.

Brisbane would have to start playing damn good football to get extra games at the MCG - the kind of football that people would want to watch for the love of the game regardless of the teams playing. The only other way it's going to happen is if we get Collingwood twice... and that's also only going to happen if we win more.

They will stage manage that to be in Melbourne.

Dustin Fletcher's 400th could well be against us. So the door is ajar to have 2 400th's against us next season.

That would have to be a first.

Think I'd rather play Carlton and Bulldogs twice than GWS.
If you are greedy for cheap wins not playing Saints twice is a blow.They signalled 12 months ago any future success will be built around the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they're top 6 quality next season. I really, really rate them.

Nic Nat, Hurn, Waters, Selwood, LeCras, Priddis, Masten, Gaff, Shuey, JKennedy, Darling, McGovern - building a seriously good list. Definitely a 50/50 match.

I'm worried about games like St Kilda at the Gabba where we need to win. I think it'll be closer than some people may think.
Quality forwards for sure, but in my opinion our midfield has them on toast and then some, plus if we're playing both Leuey & Martin on Nic Nat he'll have a tough day. To be fair, with a list like ours, no win is assured though, so your concerns about St Kilda could apply for virtually any team.

West Coast is not a club that I am particularly worried about. That midfield really isn't up to finals level IMO.

Lack of any real competition for Brownlow votes for Priddis is telling.

^^^^^^

Quoted for truth.

GWS are going to get very competitive sooner or later. Might be sooner.

Then they are going to get scary.

Their mids are very very good and their rucks and defence are solid. But, not too long after looking to have a forward line that would be impossible to stop in Cameron, Patton & Boyd; suddenly they just have Cameron coming off a season ruined by ankle surgery.

They've lost Boyd to the Bulldogs, Jaksch to Carlton and Patton has done the same knee twice and is out for the 2015 season :oops:

^^^^^^

Quoted for truth.

GWS are going to get very competitive sooner or later. Might be sooner.

Then they are going to get scary.
Time will tell. The AFL has definitely handled the expansion clubs better than the Bears, but still, they're an unknown, a work in progress. Some first round draft picks go on to be superstars, others don't. Some players taken in 2nd & 3rd round turn out to be better than first rounders, and by a country mile. Some players taken on the rookie list go on to be best & fairest & Brownlow winners. Imagine an entire team of Richard Tamblings...

I don't believe the draw is fair for country Lions....4 Sunday arvo games, a trip to Geelong and then the Doggies on a Saturday.
I live in Benalla (2 hours up the Hume from Melbourne).
I love a Saturday arvo game, you can make a weekend of it and cruise home on the Sunday for an early Monday start back at work.
I will get to Doggies match, but can see the other matches difficult to negotiate.
That's my situation anyway.

While the fixturing is a bastardisation of a truely logical and balanced draw that produces fairness in both games and potential earning capacity for clubs, in the end, it is what it is.

We will, at some point need to be competitive against all teams and win against enough to make it to finals again. We didn't get the softest draw but this is probably the draw we need at this point in our development.

I think there are plenty of winnable games if we can improve enough.

I am happy to see our draw is not defined by impossible strecthes and good stretches this year.. For a developing, young side.. We have a lot of games againts middle bracket teams, with well timed cracks at top 4 sides and "should win" opportunities, it is the perfect draw to test ourselves in the real world, with out having sole destroying patches that could decimate our confidence and finals aspirations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back