Stats & History SFA Season 18 Fixture, Ladder and Statistics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly not only 3 or 4. But is your aim to average 16 individual posters per week? Or to have a "full, active team?"

I really can't be bothered going over great detail. But I was anti-expansion back when we had 8 teams. I can be pretty stubborn, so it was no poor effort by the creator of the game in Mobbenfuhrer to change my mind on the topic. Basically, the logic was that teams that are "hyper-active" and contain too many individual posters are actually counter-productive to the club and the league.

He made quite a long, deep argument which I am happy to post later in the week if you and your friend Pantskyle struggle to see any logic in it by that point.

Why not have a club each then?

I like having 13-17 posters - it means that people are enjoying the club and creates some camaraderie around the site.

I remember having 2 page match threads, so less posters (no matter how good they are) means less banter and the game withers away.

Also - why was I required to get 24 "players" before the Warriors were accepted at the start of the season?

Why not let me in with 6 gun posters and I'll make the other names up?

Why not have a club each then?

I like having 13-17 posters - it means that people are enjoying the club and creates some camaraderie around the site.

I remember having 2 page match threads, so less posters (no matter how good they are) means less banter and the game withers away.
What Son of God doesn't realise is that if there are no "spamming' (and what is "spam" anyway, a bunch of people trying to have a bit of light hearted fun on a light hearted fun forum) teams, then he would have nothing to pontificate against and feel superior (erroneously) about.

Also - why was I required to get 24 "players" before the Warriors were accepted at the start of the season?

Why not let me in with 6 gun posters and I'll make the other names up?

Looks like we'll need to delist 10 active players each?

The reasoning against it is borderline stupid. We need 24 players in a side, however all 24 of those posters shouldn't actually post (even though the game is played on an internet forum where posting is the point)

So basically we should have half of that being active posters and then we should sign pretend posters, just so they don't post.

Wonders signed four inactives, it was the end of the world however because they were inactive it's a smart signing.

Smart people make smart signings.

It has nothing to do with activity.

And I make incredibly smart signings.

A new posters jumps into the sign up thread and most sides approach him, they don't know what kind of poster he will be, quite a few have less than 100 posts, however you are trying to sign that person to post and not just to make up numbers.

A team desperate for numbers signs whoever they can as they need a full side, surely you as a captain prefer signing an active poster rather than an inactive?

And I make incredibly smart signings.

A new posters jumps into the sign up thread and most sides approach him, they don't know what kind of poster he will be, quite a few have less than 100 posts, however you are trying to sign that person to post and not just to make up numbers.

A team desperate for numbers signs whoever they can as they need a full side, surely you as a captain prefer signing an active poster rather than an inactive?
Of course.

But a side that has so many posters posting is incredibly nauseating.

And a side that claims they have the best top 5 is a side that is deluding themselves to make them feel big and important.

People are going to view what's important based on how their team is faring, to fulfill a fantasy ego.

You can claim you're a good posting side based on quantity or quality, either way the majority are going to disagree with you anyway.

Everyone has gone off on a tangent and are missing the entire point.

This Is Anfield, please don't tag me unless you're responding to my intended opinion.

Of course.

And a side that claims they have the best top 5 is a side that is deluding themselves to make them feel big and important.

People are going to view what's important based on how their team is faring, to fulfill a fantasy ego.

You can claim you're a good posting side based on quantity or quality, either way the majority are going to disagree with you anyway.

I've never made such a claim, however I do believe the Bears are a good posting side and try to create a fun match thread, which was evident throughout the season.

Please. If your club had 15 posters, you'd be saying the exact same thing me and pantskyle are saying.

But because you only have 4 posters - it doesn't matter because having heaps of posters is incredibly nauseating. :rolleyes:

Not everyone. I agree that the Bears - both quality (huge improvement over the season) and quantity are up there in the top 4 or 5 in the competition.

I've never made such a claim, however I do believe the Bears are a good posting side and try to create a fun match thread, which was evident throughout the season.
A match is just that...a match thread.

Encouraged should be directed at bantering toward the upcoming match, not 'chocolate' and 'The Simpsons.' That defeats its purpose. We have other threads designed for that nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we have come a long way from what I discovered when I was doing "The Vault" (sorry it was dropped but it took up time I did not have).

Some of the match threads went for 100 posts with most being no more than 4-5 words such as "Let's do this (insert team)" or a pic here or there. The threads had no filling in them and they were quite boring.

I agree some teams go off tangent and don't talk about the game but when the league is full of new players who don't know the history of teams or players it does make it difficult to remain on track with the up coming fixture.

Over time if you can keep the core of your list this knowledge will come and the banter should improve.

Most of the Gumbie posters have less than 50 games under their belts so I would expect an improvement in how they are perceived sooner rather than later.

I think some of the "dinosaurs" of the game need to relax a bit and realise that the new breed of poster is a different beast and you either accept it as part of the game or get frustrated with it

Think we have come a long way from what I discovered when I was doing "The Vault" (sorry it was dropped but it took up time I did not have).

Some of the match threads went for 100 posts with most being no more than 4-5 words such as "Let's do this (insert team)" or a pic here or there. The threads had no filling in them and they were quite boring.

I agree some teams go off tangent and don't talk about the game but when the league is full of new players who don't know the history of teams or players it does make it difficult to remain on track with the up coming fixture.

Over time if you can keep the core of your list this knowledge will come and the banter should improve.

Most of the Gumbie posters have less than 50 games under their belts so I would expect an improvement in how they are perceived sooner rather than later.

I think some of the "dinosaurs" of the game need to relax a bit and realise that the new breed of poster is a different beast and you either accept it as part of the game or get frustrated with it

The "dinosaurs" have also run out of ideas so instead of embracing it they decide to just complain about it. You have a poster who changed into being an aggressive banter poster which worked for a season or two but then quickly people grew tired of it and realised that it was always the same but he can't adapt again and is just transparent. So he just grows bitter and tiresome. The others like him still think he is great but the new breed and those that aren't blowhards see through it all.

This isn't a popularity contest, as you seem to assume it is, and that's half of the problem. I post like I do because the league lacks testicular fortitude. I can quite easily adapt.

You preach quantity for the simple fact that this site is an incurable addiction for you, and it'd be boring talking to yourself all day and night.

This isn't a popularity contest, as you seem to assume it is, and that's half of the problem. I post like I do because the league lacks testicular fortitude. I can quite easily adapt.

You preach quantity for the simple fact that this site is an incurable addiction for you, and it'd be boring talking to yourself all day and night.

How presumptuous of you. I guess you do fit the criteria of those dinosaurs I was talking about.

Again, the irony from you is strong. For a person who has "quit" or threatened to "quit" the site many times but not actually gone through with it for you to have a go at someone else being "addicted" to the site is laughable.

See that is why I can't get offended by you, it's because of how stupid you are.

LOL. Half my blokes only post 5-15 times a Match thread. We hardly spam.

It's just that having 15 posters contributing 12 posts a week adds up to 180 posts. Impressive numbers but certainly not spam.

To me you sound like you're trying to convince yourself that low post counts and 3 or 4 active players is 'cool' because as a skipper you don't know how to fix it. You wish you had more posters but because you're a poor leader, you can't seem to attract anyone.

It's like when you left our bid high and dry - it wasn't because you were 'retiring' - it was because it looked like the bid was going to fail. So you left.

And because it is YOU who has an incurable addiction, you can't leave the Royals and yet you can't fix their fundamental issues either.

So don't tell me about how strong you are because you're the weakest piece of the Sweet FA chain.

Last edited:

It's just that having 15 posters contributing 12 posts a week adds up to 180 posts. Impressive numbers but certainly not spam.

To me you sound like you're trying to convince yourself that low post counts and 3 or 4 active players is 'cool' because as a skipper you don't know how to fix it. You wish you had more posters but because you're a poor leader, you can't seem to attract anyone.

It's like when you left our bid high and dry - it wasn't because you were 'retiring' - it was because it looked like the bid was going to fail. So you left.

And because it is YOU who has an incurable addiction, you can't leave the Royals and yet you can't fix their fundamental issues either.

So don't tell me about how strong you are because you're the weakest piece of the Sweet FA chain.

Warriors weren't the first expansion bid he pissed off from either.

I remember when I posted more than 30 times in a match during my first season and got called a chronic spammer.

I miss those simpler times.
187 times is much more managable ;)

You call attracting 4 rookies this season not being able to attract anyone? That would be better than the majority of the SFA.

All of us at the Royals are very happy with how things are going, which is what really matters. That doesn't mean we won't seek out ways to make us better as a posting team, but it illustrates that despite what people from the outside would like to believe, things really are quite happy at the Golden Throne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back