Live Event 2014 NAB AFL Draft Discussion - Coming to a Board Near You...

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a fact that Bevo had nothing to do with our picks this year. Was locked always weeks ago. Not a matter of a belief. That's a fact. What's Macca got to do with it?

So the coach has no input into drafting at all?

Beverige woby be playing the same style as Macca so won't want the same players so IF the club has gone into this draft with an outdated draft policy they are all idiots.

And as many say to me your FACT is rubbish and if it isn't the club should fold now coz that's bloody idiotic.

And I'm not referring to you just the policy you are saying has happened

The Demons did exceptionally well from my perspective. Petracca, Brayshaw, Neal-Bullen, Stretch and McDonald. Skills, speed, grunt at the contest, goal-kicking ability and tall support in the back half all addressed. Really, really good effort.

Can someone fill me in a bit on dale??

If you chaps in the know tell me that all these kids can kick the footy, I'm happy.

Anyone blowing up about these selections has no idea. Cos guess what. None of have any idea.....we're all novices on these kids. Get a grip.

We need talls? Maybe we didn't take any because they all suck. Just a thought.

Piss off with your elitist crap fronk. Dann too. People can have whatever thoughts about the draft they want.

No decent tall selected after 25, give me a break.

So the coach has no input into drafting at all?

Beverige woby be playing the same style as Macca so won't want the same players so IF the club has gone into this draft with an outdated draft policy they are all idiots.

And as many say to me your FACT is rubbish and if it isn't the club should fold now coz that's bloody idiotic.

And I'm not referring to you just the policy you are saying has happened
Sack Bevo, he didn't want a tall player
Horrible coaching decision
Get rid of him now before he *s up the team.

As other have said, we have added 2 key forwards (Boyd, Redpath) and 2 key defenders (Hamling, Cordy) to the senior list. As well as having 2 key defenders in Talia and Roberts who made next to no impact to last years team. We need these players to come on but they are there.

Our other glaring weaknesses were kicking and pace, which is clearly what the recruiting staff have tried to target in this draft. Good on them, they will have their critics but a bold strategy that I hope pays off. Welcome to the kennel boys. I look forward to seeing you play in the red, white and blue for the next decade.

So what selections do we have left? I know we're not touching the PSD, but how many live rookie selections do we have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone fill me in a bit on dale??
Impressive highlights video, smallish/mid half forward like all of our draft picks (and it seems 80% of our list).

So what selections do we have left? I know we're not touching the PSD, but how many live rookie selections do we have?
4 I think. One of them will be Pearce. Hopefully we don't pick Greenwood again...

Four, but Pearce will likely be our fourth rookie pick unless somebody takes him earlier.

Piss off with your elitist crap fronk. Dann too. People can have whatever thoughts about the draft they want.

No decent tall selected after 25, give me a break.
Who were the decent talls we could have selected after 25?

Bailey Dale... it's so harsh and arbitrary to write a guy off because of his name but he just sounds like a nobody. Must say I would have been more excited to pick McDonald/Keitel with this selection but the club would have looked at both very closely all year - as they would have with every player around the 195cm mark, so there's obviously a reason we've passed on them. McDonald massive steal for Melbourne though

So many silly sausages on this thread either watching their first draft or with stinking memories. After the 1st round it always goes crazy you silly geese.

We traded for needs, 1 kpf 2 kpds with another kpf rookie upgraded this year.

Plus, as if we don't need 5 kids with great skills and in some cases pace/running ability.

Great draft with McLean and webb huge highlights!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back