Worst 250 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it though?

Has Simon Black played in a game where an Anzac medal has been presented at the end of the game?

How many Marcus Ashcroft medals has Hird won ?

The way some Essendon fans carry on about Hirdies ANZAC medals you'd think he actually fought in a war for his country. It's a BOG medal for a home & away match.

Has Simon Black played in a game where an Anzac medal has been presented at the end of the game?

How many Marcus Ashcroft medals has Hird won ?

The way some Essendon fans carry on about Hirdies ANZAC medals you'd think he actually fought in a war for his country. It's a BOG medal for a home & away match.
essendon fans.... amiright?

Green was actually a reasonably good player - kicked 350 goals in his 254 games

Was just purely a woeful captain at an abysmal time at the Dees, which is all people remember

i remember him as a player who didnt really improve after his 2nd or 3rd season. was a player who showed so much potential but was just average in the end. Same goes for bruce, neither went the next step.

his 350 goals in 254 games even says as much as he was basically a HFF his whole career

Surely no-one who reached 250 games as a player deserves to have "worst" attached to them in anyway. You could consider someone who got a lot of games at a club doing poorly (eg. someone like Yze or Green) - but that ignores that they both still had largely very productive careers, and I assume (without looking into it) Yze got to play in a GF (not sure about Green - was a first year player), something many players never get to experience.
---

On an unrelated note (except that I was looking at the list of 250 game players) - I can say GAJ has finally "made it"... I saw "Gary Ablett" on the list (248) and immediately thought of Junior (incorrectly), instead of Senior - I think that's the first time I have done that.

s**t thread. Normally I wouldn't bother to contribute, but I'm just amazed nobody has mentioned Shaun Hart from Brisbane. Yeah, he was a tough little tagger and he somehow won a Norm Smith playing alongside Voss, Black, Akermanis and Lappin. Possibly the least skilled footballer ever to win that award. But are people forgetting he was just an ordinary footballer? He worked bloody hard to make it in the AFL and playing 250+ games was a hell of an achievement. He wrung every ounce out of his ability. People should be full of admiration for guys like that instead of s**t-canning them.

Come on Lions fans… Back me up on this…

I would also add Stephen Febey, Matthew Lappin and Shane Wakelin.

They were pretty good footballers who had their moments, but they weren't great by any stretch.

Chris Tarrant, Paul Broderick and Justin Peckett for mine in a three-way tie.
Gotta be Peckett. Tarrant was an elite forward as well as defender at different times in his career. Peckett was never elite at anything....ever.

Mark Bickley comes to mind. Didn't even make an AA squad or win a BnF at Adelaide IIRC.

Two-time Premiership captain who averaged 20 disposals a game for 13 years in a lower possession era, playing off half back and through the middle. 7-time State of Origin representative, and 3-time International Rules representative too. Tough, reliable stalwart, who was more talented than you're giving him credit for being.

Last edited:
Tony Liberatore.

I don't care about the Brownlow, either.

He had about 8 top 5's in the B and F too. U might not like him but he was a great player, and not a contender in this thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two-time Premiership captain who averaged 20 disposals a game for 13 years in a lower possession era, playing off half back and through the middle. 7-time State of Origin representative, and 3-time International Rules representative too. Tough, reliable stalwart, who was more talented than you're giving him credit for being.

Shook my head at that one too.

s**t thread. Normally I wouldn't bother to contribute, but I'm just amazed nobody has mentioned Shaun Hart from Brisbane. Yeah, he was a tough little tagger and he somehow won a Norm Smith playing alongside Voss, Black, Akermanis and Lappin. Possibly the least skilled footballer ever to win that award. But are people forgetting he was just an ordinary footballer? He worked bloody hard to make it in the AFL and playing 250+ games was a hell of an achievement. He wrung every ounce out of his ability. People should be full of admiration for guys like that instead of s**t-canning them.

Come on Lions fans… Back me up on this…

I would also add Stephen Febey, Matthew Lappin and Shane Wakelin.

They were pretty good footballers who had their moments, but they weren't great by any stretch.

Can you go back to not commenting on s**t threads again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back