Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Selwood even flew over there and had lunch with him.

mallard.jpg

Yes have seen it for the 3rd time and it shouldn't be in the Rumour thread as it's Carlton Media related and that is also where it has been posted.

It has been posted in this thread twice now.
Reckon it's the 'Jeremy Cameron' factor that landed it here to start with...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And given Trigg's assurance of Rogers' position last week on SEN, I can't help but be excited that SOS is coming home. Let's just hope he's good at his job - Trigg outlined the description of his job. Didn't seem it was very drafting centred. More contracts and current players (ie delistings), trades etc.

So we missed on Wright then? Pity.

There's certainly room for one to be dealing with players' managers and tending to List Management in the whole.
Hope that the acquisition of SOS gives us a leg up to attracting one or two GWS players coming out of contract next year.......although I doubt it will.
I hope you're wrong Harks :p

It seems right that Macca has his load lightened a bit. I always got the impression he had far too much to do.

I will preface this by saying I love the man as much sa any Carlton fan. My favourite player.

But I am a bit concerned by this. The 'jobs for the boys' mentality has hardly been successful...and I'm cautious of any development which blurrs the lines of responsibility, complicates reporting lines etc. We hired Rogers for a job and early signs have been promising. I'd hate to think we confuse things just cause we want to bring him back. Also, I'm not convinced by his pedigree for the role - being a list manager at GWS for their first few drafts is not your normal AFL role.

It seems right that Macca has his load lightened a bit. I always got the impression he had far too much to do.

Rogers and McKay may have both had too much on their plates and a dedicated List Manager would have been necessary sooner or later...so sooner is better.
Surely we couldn't be worse off for having an extra hand on deck.................surely.

Guess we'll have to put up with the prodigal son talk in the short term and it won't be just us here questioning the appointment.

Rogers and McKay may have both had too much on their plates and a dedicated List Manager would have been necessary sooner or later...so sooner is better.
Surely we couldn't be worse off for having an extra hand on deck.................surely.

Guess we'll have to put up with the prodigal son talk in the short term and it won't be just us here questioning the appointment.
I think what is essential is that SOS's role is explicitly defined and that he & Rogers know exactly what their responsibilities are. Just don't want two men who are used to having full control butting heads. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me? :p

I think what is essential is that SOS's role is explicitly defined and that he & Rogers know exactly what their responsibilities are. Just don't want two men who are used to having full control butting heads. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me? :p

Not pessimist..........realist.

We know how MLG went about trying to attain Wright, to the ultimate detriment of the club.

If we got the best man for the job, then fine. If we went for profile though..................

Not pessimist..........realist.

We know how MLG went about trying to attain Wright, to the ultimate detriment of the club.

If we got the best man for the job, then fine. If we went for profile though..................
Maybe he's just the best available :p

Although I feel more confident with SOS than if we'd got Pelchen. I have no doubt he'd try to trade Lachie because he's older than 23 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back