Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win.

Great to get a win over a premier side like that who have been firing on all cylinders.

Absolute dirty I stuffed up the recording if today's game didn't get to watch it. How did it look? Great win for us really puts us in the box seat for number one seed now! Just hopefully lambeau is the fortress it is atm and not the last playoff games lol. Signs are good tho! And especially against a great side which I put the best in AFC! Three weeks ago people were all about how the packers haven't beat anyone so putting away the eagles and now pats is good for their confidence

You should be the top seed. Looks like Arizona are done, and if we can't get it done against the Seahawks next week you'll effectively have a two game break.

I fear being top seed, apart from 1996, I don't really remember it working out all that well for us.

Can't see why you'd fear home field the way you're playing there this year.

Arent any real tough match ups either. Possibly Seattle as a wildcard if Arizona hold on, otherwise you'd be easily favoured on all other.

Said that about San Fran a couple of years ago... said that about the Falcons when Vick ran over us... Lost to the Giants too when we were heavily favoured.

There's a theme here (or there was before I added the Giants). Seattle not the team I want to play.

Happy for anyone else in Divisionals, tbh.

Absolute dirty I stuffed up the recording if today's game didn't get to watch it. How did it look? Great win for us really puts us in the box seat for number one seed now! Just hopefully lambeau is the fortress it is atm and not the last playoff games lol. Signs are good tho! And especially against a great side which I put the best in AFC! Three weeks ago people were all about how the packers haven't beat anyone so putting away the eagles and now pats is good for their confidence

We played well in terms of marching up and down the field but our conversion in the red zone was extremely poor.

Cobb and Jordy in flashes, so McCarthy and Co. made sure we targeted Adams and eventually it forced BB and the Patriots to change their match ups as he was playing so well (other than a poor drop that he should have taken).

Defence had a great last stop but teams seem to go for it on fourth down and convert with ease. Annoying.

Said that about San Fran a couple of years ago... said that about the Falcons when Vick ran over us... Lost to the Giants too when we were heavily favoured.

There's a theme here (or there was before I added the Giants). Seattle not the team I want to play.

I still have nightmares about that game

I don't remember that game occurring I vividly remember the season but play-offs that season are blank.

I was drunk in a bar in Chicago whilst watching that game and was slamming my firsts on tables and generally making a goose of myself as the game ticked down to finishing.

coltstrong had to drag me out before I did anything stupid lol

I am officially at the stage where I will say that Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Brett Favre.
Favre has the longevity which would rank him higher in terms of great Packers. But just looking at pure QB play. Aaron is a better and more consistent QB than Brett ever was. And he was a 3 time MVP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am officially at the stage where I will say that Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Brett Favre.
Favre has the longevity which would rank him higher in terms of great Packers. But just looking at pure QB play. Aaron is a better and more consistent QB than Brett ever was. And he was a 3 time MVP.
The main thing that sticks out for me is that Rodgers is just as damaging but he doesn't turn the ball over, it's insane really.

I just started following the packers when Vick rolled us in the playoffs. Apparently before that game we'd never lost a home playoff and boom. Giants was a killer watching that but like STO said were playing a different beast at home this year. Seattle are the danger team IMO, looks like there defense might be getting back in the groove. But we have to be confident in winning out and getting top seed. Would be a big advantage

I just started following the packers when Vick rolled us in the playoffs. Apparently before that game we'd never lost a home playoff and boom. Giants was a killer watching that but like STO said were playing a different beast at home this year. Seattle are the danger team IMO, looks like there defense might be getting back in the groove. But we have to be confident in winning out and getting top seed. Would be a big advantage

Yeah Seattle look like they are hitting form at the right time and their record is quite good.

Call me crazy but I'm a bit worried about the game against the Falcons this week. Real danger game.

Just feels like it could be a down week for the team after the hype of playing the Patriots.

Yeah Seattle look like they are hitting form at the right time and their record is quite good.

Call me crazy but I'm a bit worried about the game against the Falcons this week. Real danger game.

Just feels like it could be a down week for the team after the hype of playing the Patriots.

That's probably more just natural to think that and I guess after Julio putting up some numbers against ARI defence who knows what he could do with us. I'm not sure, you'd like to hope the guys are level headed and we aren't in a position to be able to just drop games. Plus its a primetime game so hopefully that puts a buzz into the team and like all of you's this year it just feels like Rodgers is on another level. Its great to watch

temp141002-vs-MIN-captains-5--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://www.packers.com/media-center...36860397#141ef9b6-426c-464c-9d63-92f2781bbb2e

Captain photos for the year so far... it's almost like Where's Wally?

I just started following the packers when Vick rolled us in the playoffs. Apparently before that game we'd never lost a home playoff and boom.

Yup... very painful to watch, especially cos I don't rate Vick, and never really did.

Bottom line, this year and any other year, it's pointless being this good and not winning a(nother) Superbowl. Favre should've had more than one, and I'll be hugely disappointed if Rodgers doesn't get another.

What do your guys think of Philly v Seattle? Could have an impact on our seeding in the end. I think Seattle will won but I'm hoping for Philly. Don't wanna face seattle in their house which if we don't **** up we don't have to but I'd rather play Philly at home then Seattle also

What do your guys think of Philly v Seattle? Could have an impact on our seeding in the end. I think Seattle will won but I'm hoping for Philly. Don't wanna face seattle in their house which if we don't **** up we don't have to but I'd rather play Philly at home then Seattle also
Pretty much exactly how I feel. I think Seattle is on the rise and I'd be much more comfortable playing against Philly than Seattle anywhere.

Yup... very painful to watch, especially cos I don't rate Vick, and never really did.

Bottom line, this year and any other year, it's pointless being this good and not winning a(nother) Superbowl. Favre should've had more than one, and I'll be hugely disappointed if Rodgers doesn't get another.

I caught the end of favre's days with the packers. Still remember that game against Oakland after his old man passed away. Incredible back when javon walker looked like he was gonna be a beast (look where that ended up) or that TD against denver in OT. But by comparing Rodgers to qb that play now. That man will be a wasted talent if he doesn't win another. Maybe its bias but if he continues this for another 5-6 years plus let's say another Superbowl where does he stand among all qb's...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back