• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many Libs want to talk politics anymore. The topic is now taboo.. It is nice to be proven correct but not at the expense of our country.. We are heading to a recession and possibly another GFC.. Scary times with Abbott in the chair

Not many Libs want to talk politics anymore. The topic is now taboo.. It is nice to be proven correct but not at the expense of our country.. We are heading to a recession and possibly another GFC.. Scary times with Abbott in the chair

and the way that Rudd avoided a recession in 2008 is something that Abbott will never do as it goes against the right wing philosophy.

I have no issue with Abbott but if he ever wants to be PM he has to give Peta Credlin and her toxic hubby Brian Loughnane the lemon and sarse. They are like Rudd's advisers who ****ed it up. The aim of politics is to "win" the news cycle and crush your enemies.

This is not Abbott's natural way of thinking - which owes a lot to the NSW Catholic Right when it used to believe in social justice. He needs sensible advisers that want to do something rather than just win.

On the issue of Tone being naive - its just a function of him never having a real job. That can be fixed by the correct advisers. He seems like a good bloke who is actually interested in people. The irony is that Gillard can intellectually buy and sell him three times over - I cannot for the life of me understand why she is such a bad performer in the top job

Credlin is the reason why he is not popular
Contra, as always, on the money.

Nothing about this Govt. is as on the nose as the Loughnane / Credlin piece.

and the way that Rudd avoided a recession in 2008 is something that Abbott will never do as it goes against the right wing philosophy.
Something something school halls, pink batts, something cheques to dead people. STOP THE BOATS!!!!!

Credlin makes jokes about poor people - all the time. She is a shocking snob and a non talent. She hates Labor and unionist with a fetishistic passion - I can understand a little bit of contempt but visceral hatred...this is not the stuff that makes the "vision thing". So she is exactly the same as Gillard's advisers only with a nasty patina

The lack of restraint she shows in Parliament is indicative of her personality. Albo called her up on it because he was sick of her totally unjustifiable interjections
What a call. The real issue is: Does Abbott jettison her?

I can't believe I'm reading this:confused:

The idea of people actually looking forward to an Abott led Coalition Government truly beggars belief. What will we get? more of the dysfunctional, negative governance that we endured under Howard: Overwhelming negativity, unwavering support for big business (without consideration for it's impact on social welfare), a total lack of aspiration, politicising of human suffering, a general lack of forward thinking progressive policy, and unwavering belief in the sanctity of property

I've met Tony, and he personifies what is wrong with our federal political system.....he's a nice bloke (albeit naive) who is far, far out of his depth. We need far higher quality people to consider political careers if we are going to see a departure from the awful governance, and often worse opposition that we have experienced in recent history.

It really scares me just how politically naive some people are....
Wow. March 1 2012

I'm still holding out for my WA party.

I'd love that. A WA focused party so they could finally stop blaming the relevant eastern states for all their shitty government policy and lack of infrastructure and poor business acumen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never heard her say anything. Does she really make comments like in your original post?

I have participated in a couple of meetings with her - she could not have shown more contempt for the people I went with - she said "why on earth would the Prime
Minister meet with you" . What we were asking for was a fair hearing. It's happened twice

I have participated in a couple of meetings with her - she could not have shown more contempt for the people I went with - she said "why on earth would the Prime
Minister meet with you" . What we were asking for was a fair hearing. It's happened twice

BTW giving Hal Colebatch that history prize for showing trade unions killed diggers in WWII and performed the beheadings at Changi is pure Loughnane - ideological warrior unconcerned with truth or whether the price of the current "victories" will cost out nation in the long run

Is he your local member?

Is he your local member?

No it was a stakeholder issue with some proposed legislation that had quite significant effects which I was roped in to try and explain - did not get past the goal keeper. No point trying to talk to Nosferatu from
Tasmania

I'm sorry. I'm speaking as a random BF knob. What do you mean by "I have participated in a couple of meetings with her"?

I'm sorry. I'm speaking as a random BF knob. What do you mean by "I have participated in a couple of meetings with her"?

My client (freebie) had some concerns about some legislation _ they represent 200k people. We wrote a sucky letter for a ten minute meeting. I was drafted in to help explain the prob- flew to Canberra got Aunty Peta and her offsider - meeting lasted five minutes.

Put it this way they are not Tones usual constituents but they can't bitch about us never talking to them and then treat them with utter contempt when we try to engage!

Back