Overs:Unders - How long until it's all Labor's fault?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A trillion dollar debt, rising inflation, a budget deficit, interest rate rises.

Given the global nature of our economy, is it reasonable to blame the government for interest rate rises and inflation?

How long until the Liberal/Nationals/Liberal- National Party/Country Liberal Party and commercial media blame the ALP?

How long do you think is a fair time before these can be reasonably blamed on the ALP?

Personally, I think the opposition/media will blame the debt in the ALP within a month.

The deficit in December following the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook (MYEFO).

Inflation and interest rates as soon as the next rate rise occurs.

I think if there isn't signs of economic improvement by the 2028 Federal election then questions can be raised

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Nothing will ever be Labor’s fault. Not if you read in here. Craig Thompson wasn’t labor’s fault. Somouyerk wasn’t labor’s fault. Pink batts not labor’s fault. Hell if albo rapes a donkey on the floor of the house….. not ALP fault.

Once You are in charge you are responsible and accountable for everything that happens thereafter.

A trillion dollar debt, rising inflation, a budget deficit, interest rate rises.

Given the global nature of our economy, is it reasonable to blame the government for interest rate rises and inflation?

How long until the Liberal/Nationals/Liberal- National Party/Country Liberal Party and commercial media blame the ALP?

How long do you think is a fair time before these can be reasonably blamed on the ALP?

Personally, I think the opposition/media will blame the debt in the ALP within a month.

The deficit in December following the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook (MYEFO).

I think if there isn't signs of economic improvement by the 2028 Federal election then questions can be raised

1) we have had pathetic governments for 15 years regarding budget management. Not one can point the finger at the other as they now all own the deficit, which those to young to vote and those unborn will have to pay off. Or a wealth tax is introduced and the burden is carried by those that benefited the most.

2) Inflation is an international issue and domestic issues such as unbalanced budgets (and floods, fire and rail) which will sort itself out quickly unless we start increasing wages inline with inflation rather than productivity.

3) media is well established catering to their subscriber base with notable mentions the news and the guardian

4) blame should be aligned to policy action or inaction rather then time

5) why wait a month when you have subscribers to feed today?

It's already being blamed on Labor.

If you're not already blaming Labor, you're labelled a fanboi.

Nothing will ever be Labor’s fault. Not if you read in here. Craig Thompson wasn’t labor’s fault. Somouyerk wasn’t labor’s fault. Pink batts not labor’s fault. Hell if albo rapes a donkey on the floor of the house….. not ALP fault.

Once You are in charge you are responsible and accountable for everything that happens thereafter.
It has already started:
Petter Mutton...
Things are going to be tough under Labor:laughing:: higher interest rates, cost of living, inflation and electricity prices.

Didn't mention that they held back the news on electricity prices that were due on 1st May.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, g o o d b y e...

1) we have had pathetic governments for 15 years regarding budget management. Not one can point the finger at the other as they now all own the deficit, which those to young to vote and those unborn will have to pay off. Or a wealth tax is introduced and the burden is carried by those that benefited the most.

2) Inflation is an international issue and domestic issues such as unbalanced budgets (and floods, fire and rail) which will sort itself out quickly unless we start increasing wages inline with inflation rather than productivity.

3) media is well established catering to their subscriber base with notable mentions the news and the guardian

I can name things Australians got for Labor’s 2007-2103 $250 billion deficit.

What did we get for Abbot/Turnbull/Morrison’s $750 billion deficits?

Also, Howard/Costello would have been running deficits as well if they did not sell everything that was not bolted down. I think AusPost is the only thing that survived their reign.

I can name things Australians got for Labor’s 2007-2103 $250 billion deficit.

What did we get for Abbot/Turnbull/Morrison’s $750 billion deficits?

Also, Howard/Costello would have been running deficits as well if they did not sell everything that was not bolted down. I think AusPost is the only thing that survived their reign.

some struggle with the concept of net debt and others forget about qantas, commonwealth bank and csl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Electricity prices to go up 30 percent. This is what we get for voting Laybah.

am I doin it rite?

There are many failures here

1) global movements to approve coal mining has increased input costs
2) failure to secure gas supplies
3) policy has resulted in an under investment in gas infrastructure
4) moving to a short term pricing market has undermined the price of reliable power
5) paying people to close power production capabilities has promoted under investment in the facilities to be closed
6) those closing their facilities are arbitraging, as they get paid more to be unreliable
7) CORRUPTION - governments are backing horses who pay for their elections. Resulting in poli's looking after their mates rather than the electorate
8) LIES - renewables are the cheapest form of energy production DOES NOT equate to the cheapest form of reliable energy supply

Personally I no longer blame labor. I blame the electorate for demanding what we have been delivered.

This energy transition should have been lead by engineers not politicians by setting up an RBA style organisation that is separate from politics.

We haven't been raising wages in line with productivity for a while...
If they had since 2000 our wages would already be 15% higher

Across the board - I'm not sure of exact breakdown by industry

The productivity has to be linked

I'd bank every industry with high productivity gains has seen high wage increases

there are no doubt industries being left behind and like the car industry will close in time

the report looks high level at productivity of an economy rather than productivity of industries, an entity or an individual. It's essentially useless.

what we have seen and will continue to see is the value of assets increase due to poor policy. We see this in housing, electricity, water and minerals. Yet we are asking the poor policy makers find a solution.

Sacking themselves or asking them to the the electorate "you've got what you asked for" is the answer

the report looks high level at productivity of an economy rather than productivity of industries, an entity or an individual. It's essentially useless.

what we have seen and will continue to see is the value of assets increase due to poor policy. We see this in housing, electricity, water and minerals. Yet we are asking the poor policy makers find a solution.

Sacking themselves or asking them to the the electorate "you've got what you asked for" is the answer
The productivity of an economy is just the sum of the productivity of the individuals...

The productivity of an economy is just the sum of the productivity of the individuals...

One gets paid based on their performance which can sometimes be valued as a collective but not as a whole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back