Your ethically questionable behaviours

Remove this Banner Ad

If the computer lab is full at uni and I see a computer with nothing open and a bunch of books or a backpack 'saving' the spot, I will take the computer.

I killed my budgerigar because it broke it's wing and couldn't fly and I didn't want to look after a disabled bird. I also didn't have a proper cage for a walking bird. I killed it instantly. I blame my mother for taking it out of its cage even when I told her not to.

I push the button at the traffic lights crossing even if there's already people waiting who have presumably already pushed it.

**** you I don't know you, you've probably stuffed it up and will make me wait longer than I should have to.

Unethical behaviour is pressing the button then walking without waiting for it to go green, meaning that after you're gone the traffic is forced to stop for no ******* reason :mad:

Unethical behaviour is pressing the button then walking without waiting for it to go green, meaning that after you're gone the traffic is forced to stop for no ******* reason :mad:
Depends.

At some small set of lights where the traffic stops only because you push the button, yeah.

But if I push the button on Flinders Street and there's a gap, I'm going. The lights were going to change anyway so I've done no additional harm.

Why should I wait for the light to go green before walking if I find a gap? It's the same net result for the driver, I walk across, they stop.

hah

I remember years and years ago, I must've been only 8 years old or so, was walking along Addison Road with my Mum and she saw a kid press the pedestrian light crossing button as he walked past - She caught up with him and tore shreds off him and made him cross the road when the light turn red.... then he had to press the button on the otherside to get back onto the side he wanted to be on

We had a disabled permit for about a year.

If I didn't tell them to stop, my parents would have used and abused it 24/7....

Why should I wait for the light to go green before walking if I find a gap? It's the same net result for the driver, I walk across, they stop.

is it illegal to walk over an intersection/road if the man is red? isnt it construed as jaywalking? that being the case, if ped is hit by car who is at fault

i guess extend this to a residental street. you can walk over anytime, there's no lights!

is it illegal to walk over an intersection/road if the man is red? isnt it construed as jaywalking? that being the case, if ped is hit by car who is at fault

i guess extend this to a residental street. you can walk over anytime, there's no lights!
Crossing with no lights is fine as long as you're >20 metres away from a set of lights.

I let my cat roam.

Hey Bomberboyokay

Cat2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casually say racist and bad mouth certain races and religions whilst in public and not giving a fck who's around me.

Whenever I see money on the ground I take it. Finders keepers. If I lose say $50 I get annoyed at myself for a bit, count my losses and move on.

Was going through the self checkout at woollies on Friday, and the person before me didn't take their receipt. They bought goods to the value of $7. Machine kept telling me to please take your change. I'm getting frustrated because I can't start my exchange.

Then I looked down and realised they had also withdrawn $100 cash, and the machine wouldn't let me start my transaction until I took the change. So I did, and would again.

Was going through the self checkout at woollies on Friday, and the person before me didn't take their receipt. They bought goods to the value of $7. Machine kept telling me to please take your change. I'm getting frustrated because I can't start my exchange.

Then I looked down and realised they had also withdrawn $100 cash, and the machine wouldn't let me start my transaction until I took the change. So I did, and would again.

Average.

I've had it and I gave it to the attendant. A min later the lady came running back in.

They're completely beholden to their shareholders; they squeeze their suppliers & use gambling to get every last cent of profit. I consider eating their produce without paying for it a small but justifiable act of rebellion. I eat their loose dates too. Sticking it to THE MAN

It's kinda embarrassing the lies people will tell themselves to justify their theft. Just own your behaviour. You steal because you can, because your morals aren't as wholesome as you're willing to admit to yourself, and because the threat of punishment is so low that it's almost risk-free because these multinational corporations budget for shrinkage and aren't going to ask pimply-faced teenagers to police theft.

An actual act of rebellion would be to just not shop there. But you're weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back