Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guys, Realm of Kaos is closing in three weeks. That means no metal stores left in Victoria. I think Utopia (which is going strong) will be the only dedicated metal store left in the country? Anyhow, today I picked up the new Marduk, the Inquisitor reissue (pre Centurian band) and finally, Savage Grace 'Master of Disguise'.

Guys, Realm of Kaos is closing in three weeks. That means no metal stores left in Victoria. I think Utopia (which is going strong) will be the only dedicated metal store left in the country? Anyhow, today I picked up the new Marduk, the Inquisitor reissue (pre Centurian band) and finally, Savage Grace 'Master of Disguise'.

That sucks, I loved that store. Sash is a great bloke.

Received Bloodbath's new album with Nick Holmes as vocalist on it. :)
vocals are terribly disappointing for mine - the music is pretty standard bloodbath.
was really looking forward to hearing this, but don't like holmes' voice at all.
which is ironic because opeth generally bores me to tears, but that guy has a great dm voice (when he chooses to use it).

enjoying the tales about the old indie record stores in melbourne - I used to come down from sydney a couple of times a year and spend far too much time and money in all of them.

I remember coming down early 90's to 'extreme aggression' when it was all death metal etc, and then coming back a couple of months later and it was totally black metal - to the point that janecka gave me a funny look when I asked where all of the DM cd's had gone haha.
warslut was working there (often writing lyrics at the counter) then too.

it was like they were following darkthrones lead on the best way to do a DM to BM conversion haha.

much more commercial, but the one in banana alley was good there for awhile, and then seemed to shrink each time I visited so that only the front quarter of the store was actually used. I still remember buying the coroner 'no more colour' vhs live vid for $50 there, and walking out of the shop thinking I'd received willy wonka's golden ticket beside myself with excitement. :cool:

smoke dreams was good too (and yep, they were always up for a chat), and there was always good/rare punk/hc stuff at missing link. bought quite a few misfits/samhain 7" bootlegs there over the years.

vocals are terribly disappointing for mine - the music is pretty standard bloodbath.
was really looking forward to hearing this, but don't like holmes' voice at all.
which is ironic because opeth generally bores me to tears, but that guy has a great dm voice (when he chooses to use it).

enjoying the tales about the old indie record stores in melbourne - I used to come down from sydney a couple of times a year and spend far too much time and money in all of them.

I remember coming down early 90's to 'extreme aggression' when it was all death metal etc, and then coming back a couple of months later and it was totally black metal - to the point that janecka gave me a funny look when I asked where all of the DM cd's had gone haha.
warslut was working there (often writing lyrics at the counter) then too.

it was like they were following darkthrones lead on the best way to do a DM to BM conversion haha.

much more commercial, but the one in banana alley was good there for awhile, and then seemed to shrink each time I visited so that only the front quarter of the store was actually used. I still remember buying the coroner 'no more colour' vhs live vid for $50 there, and walking out of the shop thinking I'd received willy wonka's golden ticket beside myself with excitement. :cool:

smoke dreams was good too (and yep, they were always up for a chat), and there was always good/rare punk/hc stuff at missing link. bought quite a few misfits/samhain 7" bootlegs there over the years.

Ah, the death metal one minute, black metal next minute s**t was embarrassing. Many bands turncoated and there was this bad anti-death metal vibe. As good as the black metal music coming from Northern Europe was, this was lame. Everyone is now 'we love black metal, we love death metal etc' but at the time, many dumped it. Strange times. BTW - I think Janecka may be packing the business up too from what I hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, the death metal one minute, black metal next minute s**t was embarrassing. Many bands turncoated and there was this bad anti-death metal vibe. As good as the black metal music coming from Northern Europe was, this was lame. Everyone is now 'we love black metal, we love death metal etc' but at the time, many dumped it. Strange times. BTW - I think Janecka may be packing the business up too from what I hear.
Yep, knew quite a few folks that became quite frostbitten pretty quickly and hid their old deicide and thrash (heaven forbid!) collections and scoffed at the latest roadrunner/eearache releases.

Not too mention those that became part of the varg cheersquad after he got a bit stabhappy one night

Aren't they drip feeding how many they release over here?

Yeah, a mate is their technical service mgr or something so was able to help a little. I was told min 9 months wait if I didn't mind what color and probably closer to 12 months otherwise. Depends on the Color and the optional extras etc. damn that features list adds up though.

Yeah, a mate is their technical service mgr or something so was able to help a little. I was told min 9 months wait if I didn't mind what color and probably closer to 12 months otherwise. Depends on the Color and the optional extras etc. damn that features list adds up though.

I bet it does. Be enjoyable to drive though.

Classic it is.

Ordered Porsche Macan Turbo 2 weeks ago. 12 month wait.

Awesome bro. I've seen a couple getting around the city here and they are sexy as *.

It's funny you bring up wait times. I'm test driving an AMG CLA45 tomorrow (well..today now). The CLA45 is basically an 18 month waiting list unless you want to pay a 30% premium for a used one (up to 120k on carsales). Thanks to family business connections, i can get a the "held" CLA45 off merc here right now if i want it (they use it as a display to snare customers). It's white too, best colour on that particular AMG. Funny thing is, as far as i know, their allocation for the rest of the year is only 2 CLA45's, that's how backed up the supply is. I said to them why the * do you need this one on display if you're only getting 2 more in July and no doubt they're sold anyway? Car dealerships are strange places.

Anyway phone calls were made...test drive today...car is now available for sale if we want it.

They have a used A45 (the hatch version) for over 90k there as well. 10,000km's. They're supposed to be 75k brand new....

It's the most interesting supply and demand situation i've seen with new cars, not counting you know, exotics and supercars etc.

They must be devouring them in the USA and China i guess

I have only seen 2 in the flesh on the road. The last one I saw drove past us in Carlton and I said to my wife - "thats it, sexiest car you will see all year". No more than 5 minutes later this guy drove past in a charcoal grey Murcielago and my wife looked at me as if to say "you wanna take that back..?". Had to laugh. Poor guy couldn't find a car park though.....(mind you the trophy sitting in the passenger seat was enjoying all the attention as they drove round and round).

I had the Audi Q5 for a while which shares the same platform as the Porche but this is waaaay different. Really suprising how good it feels to drive. The Audi was pretty average to be honest and there is no way I would pay for one myself.

I chose the 21 inch 911 Turbo wheels ($3200) plus the Chrono Sports package ($2,600); panoramic Sunroof ($3800); Reversing Camera etc $1,100 (can't believe that does not come standard on a $130k car) and the digital reception pack ($800). Color is Sapphire Blue Metallic ($1,900). Ceramic Brake upgrade was $19k....forget it.

Last edited:
Awesome bro. I've seen a couple getting around the city here and they are sexy as ****.

It's funny you bring up wait times. I'm test driving an AMG CLA45 tomorrow (well..today now). The CLA45 is basically an 18 month waiting list unless you want to pay a 30% premium for a used one (up to 120k on carsales). Thanks to family business connections, i can get a the "held" CLA45 off merc here right now if i want it (they use it as a display to snare customers). It's white too, best colour on that particular AMG. Funny thing is, as far as i know, their allocation for the rest of the year is only 2 CLA45's, that's how backed up the supply is. I said to them why the **** do you need this one on display if you're only getting 2 more in July and no doubt they're sold anyway? Car dealerships are strange places.

Anyway phone calls were made...test drive today...car is now available for sale if we want it.

They have a used A45 (the hatch version) for over 90k there as well. 10,000km's. They're supposed to be 75k brand new....

It's the most interesting supply and demand situation i've seen with new cars, not counting you know, exotics and supercars etc.

They must be devouring them in the USA and China i guess

What about the Lexus??? Those CLA/A45 AMG models are absolutely killer in every way IMO.

Let us know how the drive goes....you are a big unit, you will never fit in the back of the CLA with that sloping roofline!!

My wifes' friend has the A45AMG which as I said once before is a weapon. She and her husband bought it and gave her Nissan Dualis to him and she got the Merc. Something is not right there in that relationship LOL.

I read that Mercedes was scrambling to increase capacity - they admitted they severely underestimated the global demand for the CLA and A45 models. I actually quite like the GLA as well. Allocated 2 vehicles for the rest of the year?? Thats getting worse not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back