No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lawyer working at one of the firms involved expressed his concern at tony Hargreaves representing.

Earlier on in the piece he was full of praise for Julian Burnside and he also stated that Hanks and Young are quality silks.

This is feedback from lawyers at legal companies that operate nationally and have top lawyers in both states.

There is a guy Reality Rules who supports Fremantle and has been removed for trolling a couple of times that has a genuine interest in this case.
He is also hoping that the players get off. And he basically says the way that it really is, but people on here don't like to hear what he has to say.
He has stats... (I believe 97% win ratio) and claims that they always employ NSW lawyers for this type of case on WA.

There is another guy FabulousPhil who also has some useful information that also sent me email and has been removed from this site.

Seems like there are lots of old school buddies all patting themselves on the back in here and think things are going well and all I am seeing is one catastrophe after the next.
Ah, well, not really.

Firstly, the thread is for Essendon supporters only. That is why Reality Rules and others can't post here.

Secondly, and with all due respect to these posters, I'm pretty loathe to take on statistical qualifications made by anyone on BigFooty, seemingly without being backed up with proper empirical evidence, as undisputed fact. Healthy skepticism is not a bad thing.

As for the last bit, sorry, but rubbish. You're putting words in people's mouths. I think a lot here are actually very dismayed by what is going on. You shouldn't be surprised that people raise their eyebrows when you join up and start pushing one particular barrow so hard, though.

It doesn't excuse abuse or taunts, but neither should you, in my view, hide behind this concept of people back slapping each other when they express skepticism towards your comments.

The bottom line is that you joined BF in Jan 2015, and have continually criticised decisions made by the club/players and AFLPA. I trust the legal professionals employed by the club. I have previously posted criticisms of the club, but I don't CATEGORICALLY state that I have the answers.

So you think they are doing a superb job Yaco!

1. Let's go self report.
2. Let's help ASADA all we can because the more open we are about things, the more they will look after us.
3. Let's question if TB4 is really banned in front of the panel?
4. Let's get the sympathy of the panel by saying that playing at Essendon is like working at an asbestos site. This should help the players cause.
5. Let's fight ASADAs investigation legality.
6. Let's pretend that desired outcomes by people in high places never influences the decision making of an appeals tribunal.
7. Let's get Essendon man Ziggy to review the Essendon sports science practice and release findings post our experts review to the AFL, the press and ASADA. Let's tell the whole world that we are a pharmalogically experimental club with no concern on players health.
8. Hird loses appeal

Will the next one be ....

9. Players suspended for 12 months....

According to you, the legal reps are doing a superb job, so we are in fabulous hands and have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I'll get the champagne and cigars ready to celebrate just in case you are correct.

Reason why I am questioning is that I find it hard to sit back and not let people know that we are observing these failures and questioning is this the absolute best we can do for the players and the club.

I'm looking forward to the next court case with EFCs legal counsel discarding the robes and wigs and donning the big V up against the powder baby blue boys in a return of State of Origin.

As per the great late Teddy Whitten I hope they stick it up em!

Mark G would doubt their chances but if Dale "Flea" Weightman has a run on ball, Andy Bews comes out of back pocket delivering it down to a trio of Lockett, Ablett and Stewy Loewe how could the Vics possibly lose? I'm not sure the Daniher brothers, Billy Brownless and John Longmire could withstand this.

so glad this thread is now about whether you should hire a lawyer north or south of the Murray...
Look, to satisfy all I think we should just find a lawyer who has his or her office on an island in the middle of the Murray and be done with it.

Oh, but that's right, the border is actually the high water mark on the southern bank, not the middle of the river.

Looks like we'll just get a lawyer from outside NSW or Victoria to settle this, then. :drunk:

So you think they are doing a superb job Yaco!

According to you, the legal reps are doing a superb job, so we are in fabulous hands and have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I'll get the champagne and cigars ready to celebrate just in case you are correct.
I don't recall yaco ever stating the EFC legal reps are doing a superb job, or any other words to that effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I'm looking forward to the next court case with EFCs legal counsel discarding the robes and wigs and donning the big V up against the powder baby blue boys in a return of State of Origin.

Mark G would doubt their chances but if Dale "Flea" Weightman has a run on ball, Andy Bews comes out of back pocket delivering it down to a trio of Lockett, Ablett and Stewy Loewe how could the Vics possibly lose? I'm not sure the Daniher brothers, Billy Brownless and John Longmire could withstand this.
Wayne Carey, though. ;)

In all seriousness, if the players are suspended and the 2015 season is completely stuffed by playing a reserves team, you will just accept that is the best they could do?

They have one more major event.... submitting their final case for the players. Let's get one thing right. And this is the one that really matters.

In all seriousness, if the players are suspended and the 2015 season is completely stuffed by playing a reserves team, you will just accept that is the best they could do?

They have one more major event.... submitting their final case for the players. Let's get one thing right. And this is the one that really matters.

No one is doubting they could have handled this better but the nsw v Vic legal thing is lame and insulting to the legal fraternity in Vic.

then call the club and talk to them about why they need to change representation. Bringing it up constantly on here doesn't do anything useful...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't recall yaco ever stating the EFC legal reps are doing a superb job, or any other words to that effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I am questioning them, and you guys continually defend them, saying they are fabulous.

Is Yaco able to let me know his opinion of the player legal representation? Was he happy with them questioning if TB4 was legal as an example?

It's a sad reflection on the way courts / tribunals work if the choice of representation materially affects your chances of being found guilty or not guilty.

And, yes, I know that's how the world works.

811019.jpg

then call the club and talk to them about why they need to change representation. Bringing it up constantly on here doesn't do anything useful...
Too late to change their representation, but maybe not too late to have their case reviewed by multiple experts including David Galbally.

I get the impression that some of their legal representation has been only pay if you win. Is this true? Isn't this the Blackburn and Lockwood model?

I was hoping that the club may have the occasional glance on this forum.

I have serious doubts the club will ever make any decision about anything more serious then whether to give out pens at training for autographs based on anything written on here.

Too late to change their representation, but maybe not too late to have their case reviewed by multiple experts including David Galbally.

I get the impression that some of their legal representation has been only pay if you win. Is this true? Isn't this the Blackburn and Lockwood model?

I was hoping that the club may have the occasional glance on this forum.

David Galbally is Victorian though. He'd be useless given that though wouldn't he? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back