Mega Thread Hird Appeal dismissed by Full bench of the Federal Court 30/1- Hird will not appeal. Details in OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it just got lower again.....and he is the Chief Football Writer for News Ltd...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ja...es-mark-robinson/story-fndv7pj3-1227202676160

"IT’S the vibe. It’s Mabo. It’s Hird.

For most of us, our relationship with the High Court of Australia comes from watching The Castle.

It’s in Canberra. It’s wigs and silks. And judges — and there could be up to seven of them sitting in judgment — are a bunch of crusty old people who look after the little people."

God damn that is piss poor writing. I'm embarrassed and I have nothing to do with it.

Hird was also extremely confident of his legals appeals, both of which were swept away with the judicial contempt it deserved.

Rather than the 'little man' (and isn't that an apt description given the corporate bully by his side) he's shown to be the 'big man who makes all the rules'. Or so he thinks. The man who thinks he can do no wrong, the man who has lead a charmed existence all his professional life. The man who obviously believes he's above the law.

As for Robbo, whose drunken dribbling over the Little Paper are amusing at times, has gone beyond denial, beyond wishful thinking, beyond sycophantic fart-catching, and he's now just soiling himself in public with the ferocity of a dodgy laksa.

You Sir are a poet for the new millennium. I am in awe.

Can you please explain it to me
What does Neoliberal even mean? And why is it bad?

eta: Actually I just had a quick read on Neoliberalism.............I have a very basic idea of what it is now.

Next question......what the hell does it have to do with any of this?

Hirds judgement - stemming way back to 2011 when he bought in dank and charter to run his supplement program - has been exceptionally poor throughout this whole thing. Accepting full responsibility, and then not. Telling half truths and probably lies. Accepting a million dollars and contract extension from his club. Throwing mates and bystanders under a bus. Listening to Ian Hanke and Martin Hardie. Appealing Judge Middletons decision against the wishes of the Club AND the players. Does anyone else need any more evidence of his ******* poor judgement? And people still want him to be coach. **** me drunk.
It's hard to have good judgement when you think you are smarter than everyone else. It's not a problem when you actually are, however it is when you're not....

Its where Essendon, Hird and the players screwed up. Either they gave it up voluntarily in which case there is literally no case, or the AFL rules forced them to, in which case that should have been the subject of the initial trial. At no stage in the initial trial was the unfairness of the contract introduced by any party, and the full bench couldnt hear the arguments as a result. An appeal to the high court isnt likely to get traction for the same reason - the club, the players and the coach screwed up at the begining of the trial.
It baffles me that they didn't use this point in the first place. And because they didn't, any appeal to the High Court about the AFL contract wouldn't even make it to a hearing because it's not a valid point for appeal.

It'd be a good idea for any club that has problems with the AFL in the future to take note of it, because I think the fairness of the AFL contract to the players could have a strong case.

Sucks to be Essendon/Hird for having bad lawyers.

You Sir are a poet for the new millennium. I am in awe.

I am fortune to have such fertile subject matter to throw words at. Hird and Robbo deliver like the collected action photos of Putin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it just got lower again.....and he is the Chief Football Writer for News Ltd...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ja...es-mark-robinson/story-fndv7pj3-1227202676160

"IT’S the vibe. It’s Mabo. It’s Hird.

For most of us, our relationship with the High Court of Australia comes from watching The Castle.

It’s in Canberra. It’s wigs and silks. And judges — and there could be up to seven of them sitting in judgment — are a bunch of crusty old people who look after the little people."
Wow. That's bad and make Australians sound stupid. Love the Castle, but I'm pretty sure most Australians relationship with the High Court comes from going to school

As for Robbo, whose drunken dribbling over the Little Paper are amusing at times, has gone beyond denial, beyond wishful thinking, beyond sycophantic fart-catching, and he's now just soiling himself in public with the ferocity of a dodgy laksa.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just read Justin Kenny's verdict and as a tafe graduate with a diploma in Legal Studies, I don't see how they (the 3 judges) came to their conclusion.

Hope we challenge, think we stand a good chance.
TAFE College. . Lol lol:D:rolleyes:

It baffles me that they didn't use this point in the first place. And because they didn't, any appeal to the High Court about the AFL contract wouldn't even make it to a hearing because it's not a valid point for appeal.

It'd be a good idea for any club that has problems with the AFL in the future to take note of it, because I think the fairness of the AFL contract to the players could have a strong case.

Sucks to be Essendon/Hird for having bad lawyers.
Yep -spent their time attacking Andruska not the legality of the AFL's powers under their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back