Mega Thread Hird Appeal dismissed by Full bench of the Federal Court 30/1- Hird will not appeal. Details in OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously Slobbo should be arrested for that article... If not can see Mike Sheehan murdering him for singlehandedly making a joke out of being the senior football writer.... Mike Sheehan then to be given a medal of honour.

They maybe. But justices construing that said power comes from the players not objecting is plain dumb. (Not suggesting that all Adelaide supporters are dumb by any means.)

Wookie you have a weak way of living. Personality strength does not separate right from wrong. The question is how does the players lack of objections to the process make the process legal. (Right is separated from wrong by human sensibility, not your accredited monkeys on their way to the top of ladder. Who may have some human sensibilities but aren't beyond the reproach that you are suggesting.)
It sounds like you want to live in a dictatorship where one person's view of "sensibility" determines the law. Good luck with that. Hopefully the person is not an ego manic like James Hird or you could find yourself left by the wayside. (I hope I'm not getting dumber by conversing with you)

Well it just got lower again.....and he is the Chief Football Writer for News Ltd...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ja...es-mark-robinson/story-fndv7pj3-1227202676160

"IT’S the vibe. It’s Mabo. It’s Hird.

For most of us, our relationship with the High Court of Australia comes from watching The Castle.

It’s in Canberra. It’s wigs and silks. And judges — and there could be up to seven of them sitting in judgment — are a bunch of crusty old people who look after the little people."
What is staggering to me, and quite obviously a lie, is that Robbo claims to have attended at least one class in year 11!!!

Again courtesy of Robbo:

"But Hird hasn’t been good at waiting throughout of all this.

It’s why, if he does succeed in getting to the High Court, it should not be a surprise.

To him, it’s not about money, even though by the end he could be as much as $500,000 out of pocket, nor is it about what people think of him, or whether other AFL coaches talk to him, or whether the AFL welcomes him back with open arms.

No, it’s about standing up to organisations such as the AFL and ASADA when he believes their conduct was wrong."

----------------------------------------------------

Get this lol, .....how's the last line.

Does Albert have ZERO self awareness lol
No, self awareness is what he has in spades. It's real world awareness that he is totally devoid of. In that respect ha is a vacuum in every sense of the word.

I would seem Hirds legal team was confused over the difference between a retrial and an appeal.
Wonder about the choice of Amendola, whose claim to fame is losing in court to the unions on the Patricks and O'Connors Meats cases. He most likely brought Hanke to the table (having worked with him on Patrick's)
You can't expect too much from them. Any self respecting lawyer would have told him he had no case. He can't have had the top minds telling him to proceed, only the hard of cash flow...

What is staggering to me, and quite obviously a lie, is that Robbo claims to have attended at least one class in year 11!!!

Katie Smith....hot little number....only chick at Bendigo High to smoke Marlie Reds.....Robbo was there on a mission....his spitball hurl at the blackboard missed....Katie laughed....at him....not with him......so ended Robbo's dalliance with Legal Studies class.

You can't expect too much from them. Any self respecting lawyer would have told him he had no case. He can't have had the top minds telling him to proceed, only the hard of cash flow...
Have you seen what a boat shed at Portsea is selling for this year -over $500K. With those prices you can't be too picky. Not to mention with the falling dollar, European Cars are set for significant price rises

It baffles me that they didn't use this point in the first place. And because they didn't, any appeal to the High Court about the AFL contract wouldn't even make it to a hearing because it's not a valid point for appeal.

It'd be a good idea for any club that has problems with the AFL in the future to take note of it, because I think the fairness of the AFL contract to the players could have a strong case.

Sucks to be Essendon/Hird for having bad lawyers.
They are hardly unaware of the contract terms when entering, nor unadvised. I'm afraid that's a failed argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They block that word now? Ok then, robbo is a 'very, very special person'
I always picture Robbo thusly when writing about James Albert
54698572.jpg

Katie Smith....hot little number....only chick at Bendigo High to smoke Marlie Reds.....Robbo was there on a mission....his spitball hurl at the blackboard missed....Katie laughed....at him....not with him......so ended Robbo's dalliance with Legal Studies class.

Just finished the dishes.

I have a description for you: Robbo is the Steven Segal of 'journalism'.

Seriously Slobbo should be arrested for that article... If not can see Mike Sheehan murdering him for singlehandedly making a joke out of being the senior football writer.... Mike Sheehan then to be given a medal of honour.

If there was ever any doubt slobbo was firmly in the Hird camp...

I'm aware of that but just because something is unfair does not make it unenforceable. We are not under a civil system like in most of Europe...

All said and done, as someone who is rather concerned (fixated?) on civil liberties, I am uncomfortable with the idea that you can be obligated by a contract to tell the truth like this and if the High Court was to overturn it on that basis, I wouldn't be too upset.

I don't see it happening though, as we have nothing like the US 5th amendment in our constitution, and while the HC did somehow find a (rather dubious) implied right to freedom of speech in there, it'd be a massive statement to allow a claim like this on the basis of that.

We do. Our relationship soured somewhat when he finally remembered he exchanged his car for a six-pack of West end Export one desperate night.

I fully support you on that, there is no excuse for drinking crap beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back