Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks to be half empty on the few highlights Ive seen? Or is everyone out of the sun?

Everyone (bar the Swarmi Army) is out of the sun, but there's only about 15k here. Been building all innings though but it'll push 25k at most in the end I think - tad disappointing seeing as all tickets were issued.

Everyone (bar the Swarmi Army) is out of the sun, but there's only about 15k here. Been building all innings though but it'll push 25k at most in the end I think - tad disappointing seeing as all tickets were issued.
That's the problem issuing actual tickets for a free game. People just don't bother going cos they are not losing anything... Should have just opened the gates

From Raman in Port's AO thread:
Something slightly alarming: those mobile phone cells have disappeared from the northwestern light tower.

Anyone know what is going on there?

EDIT:
Did a bit of research, and it seems they were only temporary.
Check out Telstra's notification here:
http://www.rfnsa2.com.au/ConsultationDocument/DownloadNSAAcifDocument?siteID=5006001&creationYear=2014&siteDevelopmentID=52795&taskID=116&acifDocumentID=235587&filePrefix=

..Proposal by Telstra to upgrade and expand the existing telecommunications facility at Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide RFNSA Site Number: 5006001 The proposed upgrade consists of the removal of all existing antennas and other equipment from the temporary facility installed on the north-western light pole and replaced with a permanent facility consisting of:

Installation of equipment (panel antennas, remote radio units and ancillary equipment) on Cores A, C and F and on the Western Grandstand;

• Sixteen (16) panel antennas (8 at 2.53m in length, 4 at 1.33m in length, 2 at 2.09m in length and 2 at 2.35m in length). Four antennas will be installed at each location listed above;

• Thirty-six remote radio units in total (of various sizes) in association with the antennas described above. Nine remote radio units will be installed at each location listed above;

• Two equipment rooms installed within the Southern and Eastern Grandstands;

• Installation of various ancillary equipment such as cabling, equipment cabinets and other equipment necessary and desirable for the installation and on-going maintenance of the facility....

There's four antennas on the north and south sides of the Eastern stand facing east and a heap of little ones under the curved roofs of the grandstand, in particular the Southern.

Last edited:
Pic thanks to Simon Blight on FB
10857192_981497181878732_5936126430070598984_o.jpg

Ooh colourful

I would hazard a guess that all 14 grounds will have digital advertising just inside the fence, and sight-screens set up in a uniform manner as well. This is good because no crappy waiting for the sight-screen to get moved at the SCG/Bellerive, but what I don't understand is why they don't save a few bucks and utilize existing infastructure eg the digital fence at AO and the digital sight-screens at all the Aussie venues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if only they where permanent at the G, sick of seeing that scrolling stuff its really behind the times compared to every other ground
but it's world class!?!?

It will be interesting to see if the India v Pakistan game smashes the cricket record attendance at AO.

It should as the game is a sell out, which probably makes tickets a very valuable and in demand commodity. Apparently scalpers asking for as much as $400

Pretty sure it definetely will. More tickets sold today, I'm guessing returned corporates or restricted view (not sure why but CA classes all front row seats in upper levels as restricted view , even though you are looking through clear perspex).

Will be an amazing atmosphere with over 53,000 there. Going to be bloody hot though, 40 Degrees predicted for Sunday!

Just a shame that very few people in Australia won't be able to see the most watched sporting event for 2015 and biggest watched cricket match ever, as those idiots at Channel 9 are only showing 11 games out of 50 for th whole tournament!

Thank goodness that I have Foxtel and can watch all games Live.

Pretty sure it definetely will. More tickets sold today, I'm guessing returned corporates or restricted view (not sure why but CA classes all front row seats in upper levels as restricted view , even though you are looking through clear perspex).

Will be an amazing atmosphere with over 53,000 there. Going to be bloody hot though, 40 Degrees predicted for Sunday!

Just a shame that very few people in Australia won't be able to see the most watched sporting event for 2015 and biggest watched cricket match ever, as those idiots at Channel 9 are only showing 11 games out of 50 for th whole tournament!

Thank goodness that I have Foxtel and can watch all games Live.

Isnt it pathetic that you need to have Foxtel to watch the biggest game arguably of the WC in prelim stages???? Should be a free to air TV. Especially given the strong Indian population now in Australia.

I think its going to cool by the arvo so may not peak.

A billion people Ind-Paki rivalry, kinda puts Showdowns in perspective. I do hope in my lifetime I get to see a Showdown Grand Final. It would be the greatest sporting event to hit this state. At Saturday arvo in the last day in September the city would officially shut down. lol

I think Botham's prediction of 1.2 billion viewers will be pretty spot on though - what awesome exposure to Adelaide Oval that will be.

Not only that, I think India have spent close to 3 weeks in total in Adelaide this summer. That's a lot of fluff pieces out and about town, mentions of our city and state etc.

50,000 Tickets sold out in 20 minutes.

Pretty amazing when you think that tomorrow Adelaide will get as many Intl Indian visitors in one day as it gets in a year (10,000).

It was so hard to get tickets that only 8000 went to SA Residents while 43000 went to interstate and international visitors!

Going to be bloody hot tomorrow 40 Degrees and Sunny!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back