International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Have played ten years of a save as England. Have a look at the all-time Test batting and bowling lists at the start of the 2024-2025 season:

Will admit, have played Cook, Bell, Anderson and Broad in literally every game they were fit for in every format during the decade so far, but they've genuinely been among the Best XI in all formats anyway, so they weren't just being gifted games.

The Test rankings are kind of interesting too:

This game does some confusing things sometimes - won a test series 2-1 in India (played a few debutants in the last game) because the AI refused to play a spinner. Rohit Sharma was their main spinner on pitches that started off a few bars in the red for spin and always degraded to 'sharp turn' by day 3-4. Played two spinners and tore through them.

Just odd because whenever I play the likes of Pakistan they play 2 spinners so it's definitely something that's coded in, maybe India's pacemen are just rated higher and so the AI picks them?

This game does some confusing things sometimes - won a test series 2-1 in India (played a few debutants in the last game) because the AI refused to play a spinner. Rohit Sharma was their main spinner on pitches that started off a few bars in the red for spin and always degraded to 'sharp turn' by day 3-4. Played two spinners and tore through them.

Just odd because whenever I play the likes of Pakistan they play 2 spinners so it's definitely something that's coded in, maybe India's pacemen are just rated higher and so the AI picks them?
Looks like the case with Damon's pics above...Mohammad Shami 500+ Test wickets! WTF!?!

The AI seems to pick teams based on in-built (invisible to users) ratings, rather than form or conditions. Seems to be particularly tough for a spinner to get Test selection through the AI, and pretty easy for talented-but-underperforming batsmen to hold their place, too.

Often you'll see (for example) someone like Phil Hughes rack up 80+ Tests averaging just 30 with the bat, or someone like Sunil Narine rack up 250+ ODI wickets at a ripping strike and economy rate, but never get selected for a Test. It's definitely something they need to keep working on.

Has anyone played this on android? The game can go and get stuffed.

Playing as WA, Queensland made 320 off 50 overs. I was all out for ******* 20.

I'm playing on Android at the moment, works well as a phone game. There's a definite learning curve, I've been playing for years and I'm still pretty bad.

had a fairly epic shield game, me as qld vs south australia

bowled them out for 115 in the first dig, cutting 6 wickets boyce 4. made 300 myself but then they went nuts with the bat (not helped by a.mcdermott getting injured leaving me with 3 bowlers only) and ended up setting 270 in about 60 overs to win

had a crack but all looked lost at 5/230 with 3 overs left, managed to hit 15 off the next 2 overs but lynn got out off the last ball of the 2nd last over. needed 25 off the last over with cutting in and hartley the new batsman

cutting goes 6, 6, 4, 4, single leaving 4 off the last ball for hartley's first ball - cracks it for 4 and win off the last ball :thumbsu:

the other week had a one day cup match where i needed to win with a bonus point to make the finals. needed 12 off the 40th over, fell 1 short and got 11. thought it was all over, then the bowler bowls a no ball first ball of the 41st to get me the bonus point haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone had players just randomly stop appearing on the squad selection list? I've now had Nathan Lyon and Ben Dunk just stop appearing for selection.
Yeah, I had Agar go for a while there, then he came back.

It's because they don't get selected for there state I'm guessing? I'm playing as tassie ATM and Dunk is terrible so is Paine. Doolen is my keeper haha

I fear the beginning of the end is coming.

It's 2023, and I had a 6 match back to back test series against India and SL.

Won the first test against India by 7 wickets, no problem.
Lost the 2nd test by 5 wickets. That's alright, they're the 2nd ranked side in the world.
Lost the third test by 93 runs chasing 208 on only the 4th day. **** it, we're making some changes for boxing day.

Dropping an out of form M.Marsh & U.Khawaja for the two in form batsmen in the shield. I.Maloney & C.Huckerby. Dropping young firebrand Len Reeds for a 37 year old P.Siddle who has 28 wickets @ 9 in the shield this year.
Everyone underperformed, Siddle went wicketless in both digs and we got rolled by 4 runs after Lyon & Faulkner put on 63 for the last wicket chasing.

Sri Lanka are ranked 8th in the world.

Smiffy is on the decline, Joe Burns is s**t, Khawajas declining. Faulkner, Henriques & Marsh all average 31-35 with the bat and 28-30 with the ball and have really carried my side over the last 3-4 years, as I only played 1 quick and Lyon + the 3 all-rounders.

Dave Warner has retained form.

2028 now.

Boxer
Johnson
Warner
Hughes
Smith

Castle
Denny+
M.Marsh
Steed
Mirren
Cummins/Pattinson

Came good. Still 1st in all formats. Interesting who is still in my team nearly 15 years from now. The 3 bats have about 40,000 runs between them. Lyon just retired, and I still have Faulkner at my disposal for ODI/T20s.

Also, I wonder what would happen if you started a new international career with the youngest players you can find (with a bit of talent), and refuse to drop them regardless of form across all formats?

There'd be some ******* rough patches.

Also, I wonder what would happen if you started a new international career with the youngest players you can find (with a bit of talent), and refuse to drop them regardless of form across all formats?

I did that with a Shield career, just made the youngest/most inexperienced team XI I could and stuck with them. Unearthed some real gems but there was about 3 seasons of constant floggings, especially in FC games. It's good for something different though, really feels like your team.

You can usually get at least one season out of playing 40-year-old Shiv Chanderpaul (before he retires) and his 18-year-old son Tagenerine together in the West Indian side, which is a bit of a unique thing in itself.

Playing as Zimbabwe, noticed that there is a "qualification" group stage prior to the Super 10 period for the 2016 World T20. Get drawn in a group with Scotland, Canada and Nepal (the other group includes Bangladesh, Ireland, The Netherlands and Hong Kong). Lose to Scotland, and pump Canada and Nepal, before getting slaughtered by NZ (out for 69, lose by 9 wickets), Sri Lanka, Pakistan and England, and ending with a NRR of -2.54 in the Super 10 stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back