No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this do to our backdated bans or "time served" suspensions in the event we are found guilty at appeal?

As soon as they start playing my understanding is this resets any provisional suspension. So any time served is probably wiped. Happy to be corrected if wrong but its a silly system. So if the decision is overturned at appeal and the players have recommenced playing then they will probably get screwed

We've had illicit drugs scandals. We've had PED scandals. We've had sex-related scandals. We've had salary cap scandals. We've had tanking scandals.

The one type we haven't had a major one of in the AFL is match or spot fixing. I hope so badly it never happens but my cynicism tells me otherwise. If and when that happens....there's no telling what the damage could be.
And the BRANCHED CHAIN AMINOS GETS ALL THE ATTENTION. What a spin doctoring joke. Stay tuned for future "let's tear you a new one!" from wrongly suppositioned entities!

I'm with yoda i want the Suns dragged through the mud for 2 years i want another team and their supporters to feel what Essendon fans been feeling for the last 2 ******* years.
Considering we've constantly complained about being targeted by every man and his dog the past two years, I'd have thought that EFC fans would be the last to wish ill on another team and its supporter base before any facts are presented.

I'm with yoda i want the Suns dragged through the mud for 2 years i want another team and their supporters to feel what Essendon fans been feeling for the last 2 ******* years.

No. If a family member gets cancer and dies, you don't wish it on other people.

What you wish for is stuff like this to not come up at all.

Considering we've constantly complained about being targeted by every man and his dog the past two years, I'd have thought that EFC fans would be the last to wish ill on another team and its supporter base before any facts are presented.

Essendon were guilty by many the moment that February 5th presser happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumour from someone who claims to have an inside source that 28 players will be handed bans. 6 will not. ASADA will appeal the 6 players who did not get bans and Essendon will appeal for the 28 players who did get bans

Eh, this assumes that all Ess supporters think alike. I'm not one of them but I assume there are many Ess supporters who are just waiting to turn the tables on others and haven't been constantly complaining about being targeted.

If you'd just as soon want to see it happen to another team, you forfeit the right to complain about how we've been treated then in my view. It's hypocritical.

Eh, this assumes that all Ess supporters think alike. I'm not one of them but I assume there are many Ess supporters who are just waiting to turn the tables on others and haven't been constantly complaining about being targeted.
That's kind of the thing though, a large number have complained and rightly so too.

I'm only returning the favour what comes around goes around.
Two wrongs don't make a right. That eye for an eye stuff solves nothing, it just creates a never ending vortex and cycle of viciousness where people are constantly looking for vengeance against each other.

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't be fascinated to see how the same people who've been laying into us mercilessly over the past two years would react if their team was in the gun. But a cycle of never ending scandal is not good for the game either, and ultimately it'll be our turn again anyway.

If another team has genuinely done wrong then I absolutely would want to see them dragged over the coals and roasted like we've been- however, I'm not going to wish for that to happen in the first place.

Heard a rumour from someone who claims to have an inside source that 28 players will be handed bans. 6 will not. ASADA will appeal the 6 players who did not get bans and Essendon will appeal for the 28 players who did get bans
That's it then, we are ****ed.

I'm only returning the favour what comes around goes around.
its not like for like though. If a few Suns players partook in ilicit drugs, while its poor behaviour, its hardly uncommon. Ilicit drugs are a huge social issue especially amongst young adults, so to expect it isnt present amongst AFL players is niave. They deserve to be punished of course but it is not the same as an entire team that potentially doped or club that doped its players. If we are guilty we deserve the harsh penatlies. The Suns dont deserve ridicule for a few players that acted like silly young men in their own homes during the off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back