No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool, but if those saying they want to rub others noses in it weren't complaining then it means SFA (and is massivly hypocritical if they did), which goes back to my original point that pretending all Ess supports speak as one is silly.
Oh, I'm absolutely with you in terms of the importance of pointing out that not Essendon supporters aren't one big hive mind. In fact, I banged home that point many times when I and others in the past (DapperDon, you might recall) were accused of the same old tried and boring lines of making it all about Hird and so on.

I banged home the point that opinions do vary across the supporter base, many many times.

But, the same people I see wishing this on other clubs here often HAVE been the ones who've also complained about our treatment at the hands of others. Obviously that is not true in all cases but I reckon it's true in many of them.

its not like for like though. If a few Suns players partook in ilicit drugs, while its poor behaviour, its hardly uncommon. Ilicit drugs are a huge social issue especially amongst young adults, so to expect it isnt present amongst AFL players is niave. They deserve to be punished of course but it is not the same as a entire team that potentially doped or doped its players. If we are guilty we deserve the harsh penatlies. The Suns dont deserve ridicule for a few players that acted like silly young men in their own homes during the off season

Yeah true

They want to crack down hard on peds might as well on illicit drugs which is a problem in our sport have no drugs of any kind period.

Heard a rumour from someone who claims to have an inside source that 28 players will be handed bans. 6 will not. ASADA will appeal the 6 players who did not get bans and Essendon will appeal for the 28 players who did get bans

It would read better with 17 either way.

Yeah true

They want to crack down hard on peds might as well on illicit drugs which is a problem have no drugs in our sport of any kind period.
The funny thing is, ultimately the game was probably a lot simpler and the whole drugs equation much less ambiguous (indeed, non-existent) when players weren't medicated. That is, no pain killing injections or fluid drips on the sidelines, and certainly no supplement programs (legal or not).

But, they were different times back then and we won't be returning to them. Technology and knowledge has come way too far.

Really? It would mean that either our club knew about drug cheating and turned a blind eye or were all just incompetent. It would mean we have convicted drug cheats running around in the jumper and that we are on the lookout for a new head coach again. Doesn't sound ok to me

I hope they don't miss any games but 1 month is better than missing 6 months or 2 years if push comes to shove.

Last edited:
Heard a rumour from someone who claims to have an inside source that 28 players will be handed bans. 6 will not. ASADA will appeal the 6 players who did not get bans and Essendon will appeal for the 28 players who did get bans
Does that equal one player per vial??

Any bet those 6 don't even play for us anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just like the losing battle against ilicit drugs in the community there will always be some level of drug use amongst the players in the AFL.
I'm trying really hard to not want GC to go down in flames but it always comes back to this. Illicit drugs is a common problem in society in general so lay off GC it is just a reflection of society. I get that and for the most part agree.

BUT, supplements was a common scourge in AFL yet no one complained when Essendon became the poster boys for it

HTB logic says that they know they are doomed. Same reason efc players are talking about sitting out the nab cup lol

Mcdevitt "My position will be to listen to the tribunal, read carefully and examine the reasons for the decision ... and then come to what we think would be a reasonable decision"

That same view should apply if the tribunal finds players not guilty.

The general public didn't need to know the update as well
The general public are entitled to know every word said on the floor of Parliament (or of a committee room, in this case). Even Chris Pyne calling Bill Shorten a campaigner.

All he knows is that he didn't cut lines for anyone.
nose_picking_andrew_demetriou.jpg

I'm trying really hard to not want GC to go down in flames but it always comes back to this. Illicit drugs is a common problem in society in general so lay off GC it is just a reflection of society. I get that and for the most part agree.

BUT, supplements was a common scourge in AFL yet no one complained when Essendon became the poster boys for it
as yet though we surpassed any club for supplement failures by quite some margin, whether we used banned substances or not

as yet though we surpassed any club for supplement failures by quite some margin, whether we used banned substances or not
yeah maybe, maybe not. But as it currently stands GC has surpassed every other club in illegal drugs consumption and trafficking by some margin. and so far, a free ride from the media and most commentators. This hypocrisy irks me somewhat.

yeah maybe, maybe not. But as it currently stands GC has surpassed every other club in illegal drugs consumption and trafficking by some margin. and so far, a free ride from the media and most commentators. This hypocrisy irks me somewhat.
how have the Gold coast surpassed any other club in ilicit drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back