Halal Fees- Jacqui Lambie

Remove this Banner Ad

You haven't got a clue what you mean and in fact should be given a holiday for personal abuse.

I understand the meaning of the word and in my eyes racism and bigotry are interchangeable as they both spring from the same ignorance - if you would like me to retract the racist comment, fine, but the point on bigotry still stands. The fact you think there is some nobility in being a bigot as compared to a racist when they are both a form of ignorant hatred says much about you and explains your ridiculous avatar which is what started the conversation in the first place.

The point remains - you are using a non-issue drummed up by someone else as a means to express your own bigoted views and as a way of demonising and targeting a minority group in this country. I don't know why you feel that way, maybe you don't have as good a job or life as you had hoped and think it is somehow because a food company decided to place a small icon on their labels, maybe you are just afraid of anything you perceive as different - hell maybe you just watch too much A Current Affair style programs and lack the critical thinking to realise them for the ridiculous propaganda they are. For whatever reason, your bigoted views stand for all too see how stupid they are.

Then demonstrate that your views are not racist or bigoted with logic and reasoned debate.

Thats what were here for after all.
I don't think I've ever been labeled as such. I have my views and opinions like everyone else however I think mine are generally quite tempered and I like to think my posts generally follow that sentiment too. Obviously raging 'lefties' as is the often bandied term around here would still think my views and opinions are heresy.

Having said that I don't think I am always able to properly articulate my lines of thought and as such I leave that to the better educated posters who's posts I may or may not support with a like.

There could be a reason you see very little bigotry around the place. Its either deleted, the poster gets booted or because of confirmation bias of your own rather right wing views.

No, I see very little bigotry because I don't consider valid criticism of an ideology to be bigotry. You guys think that Islam should be free from criticism. That's your opinion. But it doesn't make people who criticise Islam bigots.

Just for once you should try and address an argument on merits instead of throwing around the race card to try and shut the other side up. It's boring.

No, I see very little bigotry because I don't consider valid criticism of an ideology to be bigotry. You guys think that Islam should be free from criticism. That's your opinion. But it doesn't make people who criticise Islam bigots.

Just for once you should try and address an argument on merits instead of throwing around the race card to try and shut the other side up. It's boring.

We don't allow criticism of Islam? Go check out the thread we made just so you can do just that. Also check out my posts on the topic.

As a summary, Im no fan of Islam.

Again confirmation bias.

We don't allow criticism of Islam? Go check out the thread we made just so you can do just that. Also check out my posts on the topic.

As a summary, Im no fan of Islam.

Again confirmation bias.
That's the one you banned me from, right? Was that for being a critic of Islam?

That's the one you banned me from, right? Was that for being a critic of Islam?

There is being critical of Islam and outright bigotry. Just like there is criticism of Israel or Judaism and outright antisemitism.

I gave you plenty of opportunities to raise valid criticisms of Islam. Of which there are many. Instead you posted some drivel about how all Muslims are dogs or similar.

Have a read of the thread to see what you should have done.

There is being critical of Islam and outright bigotry. Just like there is criticism of Israel or Judaism and outright antisemitism.

I gave you plenty of opportunities to raise valid criticisms of Islam. Of which there are many. Instead you posted some drivel about how all Muslims are dogs or similar.

Have a read of the thread to see what you should have done.

That is a complete fabrication on your part and a lie that you cannot substantiate. You have a read of the thread and find where I posted anything remotely resembling that, it shouldn't be too difficult for you given that I only posted 7 comments in 21 pages.
I have never posted a comment of that nature about Muslims or in fact anyone else regardless of religion and I find your assertion extremely offensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a complete fabrication on your part and a lie that you cannot substantiate. You have a read of the thread and find where I posted anything remotely resembling that, it shouldn't be too difficult for you given that I only posted 7 comments in 21 pages.
I have never posted a comment of that nature about Muslims or in fact anyone else regardless of religion and I find your assertion extremely offensive.

You can't find it because I deleted it.

PM me if you have a problem

A mostly clueless, lazy and uninformed media lies asleep at the wheel, waking up occasionally to contrive shock-and-awe at every wink, mispronunciation or twitch of Tony Abbott. In the meantime, the biggest scam ever to involve every Australian - Muslims and non-Muslims alike– is allowed to proliferate right under the media’s snoring nose.
http://pickeringpost.com/story/sharia-creep/4587

A mostly clueless, lazy and uninformed media lies asleep at the wheel, waking up occasionally to contrive shock-and-awe at every wink, mispronunciation or twitch of Tony Abbott. In the meantime, the biggest scam ever to involve every Australian - Muslims and non-Muslims alike– is allowed to proliferate right under the media’s snoring nose.
http://pickeringpost.com/story/sharia-creep/4587

I got about half way through that ridiculous drivel of an "article" and gave up due to a lack of even one credible bit of information or evidence in support of an argument. What exactly is the point it's trying to make? And if you say having Halal certified food is contributing to Sharia law and terrorism then please don't bother responding.

All religions are ridiculous we get that, but this Halal "issue" is a beat up to demonise a section of society rather than point out the stupidity of religion as a whole and some of their barbaric practices.

If you really have an issue with Saudi Arabia and the like (which is legitimate) then perhaps go after western government policies which support these fascists instead of everyday people for the food they eat.

[QUOTE"Demonic Ascent, post: 37233312, member: 22887"]I got about half way through that ridiculous drivel of an "article" and gave up due to a lack of even one credible bit of information or evidence in support of an argument. What exactly is the point it's trying to make? And if you say having Halal certified food is contributing to Sharia law and terrorism then please don't bother responding.

All religions are ridiculous we get that, but this Halal "issue" is a beat up to demonise a section of society rather than point out the stupidity of religion as a whole and some of their barbaric practices.

If you really have an issue with Saudi Arabia and the like (which is legitimate) then perhaps go after western government policies which support these fascists instead of everyday people for the food they eat.[/QUOTE]
WARNING: reading Pickering can affect your mental stability.

I got about half way through that ridiculous drivel of an "article" and gave up due to a lack of even one credible bit of information or evidence in support of an argument. What exactly is the point it's trying to make? And if you say having Halal certified food is contributing to Sharia law and terrorism then please don't bother responding.

If you really have an issue with Saudi Arabia and the like (which is legitimate) then perhaps go after western government policies which support these fascists instead of everyday people for the food they eat.

WARNING: reading Pickering can affect your mental stability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back