A new Dank interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

interesting that he claims the players all knew exactly what they were given yet many told ASADA they werent sure if they were given thymosin and hose that were didnt know exactly which one

It is interesting he claims he and the Weapon met individually with players until they knew it all.

I do not recall Robinson making any such claim.

interesting that he claims the players all knew exactly what they were given yet many told ASADA they werent sure if they were given thymosin and hose that were didnt know exactly which one

Goes to show how much of a campaigner Dank really is.

All this bullshit about doing it for the players from him and Albert is nauseating.

So you're suggesting ASADA could ban players for 24 months for taking TB4, then as soon as the bans are up issue them with INs for CJC? You really think they would do this?

What if he's got dirt on the whole list not just the infamous 34? In that hypothetical scenario where he has dirt on others players, it might be leverage.

Also despite your point about cronulla (which is fair enough), isn't there some clause about multiple offences carrying a 4 year ban? I forget the term they used.

If Essendon players get off there wont be a next phase for Essendon

If Essendon players get banned they may very well go after Dank. What would Dank have against the club or players when theyve already been found guilty of doping?
This is the interesting part in relation to timing of interview...when the result is being determined.

Dank pops up to remind everybody that players and key people at the club all knew what they were taking...again reminding the masses that the Dank went rogue PR spin is sh1t...the club and players were in on it.

As per usual Dank still thinks everything he did was above board, there was nothing 'harmful' administered, he knows better about what should be banned, what is performance enhancing and how to create loopholes to avoid ASADA rules.

The not performance enhancing just trying to get that extra 5-6 percent comment further highlights the mindset that perhaps was used to sell it to the players...and the majority lapped it up and bought in. If Hird was a believer why wouldn't they lap it up?? Problem is they fecked up and some of their practices breached ASADA/WADA rules...they weren't as smart as they thought they were.

Essendon decides that going for incompetency and poor governance is the preferred option to being caught red handed as drug cheats. Evans and Vlad orchestrate this in an attempt to have the AFL control the outcome and punishment...as it also suits the AFL agenda. surprise, overnance penalties handed down with specific reference made to the punishment not being for being drug cheats. Unfortunately Hird won't buy into accepting the penalty for incompetence and won't go quietly, makes things much more difficult for AFL and Essendon as a result.

AFL and Essendon wanted the governance penalties to be the end of the matter, made the best of a bad situation...but *, that pesky ASADA won't simply let this be swept under the carpet and Hird digs his heels in and makes things worse.

Now the ruling on DRUG charges is imminent, Dank pops his head up again to voice his opinion that current drug regulations miss the mark (which unfortunately offers no assistance to the players) and a nice reminder (threat) to Essendon to not trot out the Dank went rogue dribble again.

The thing that really irks me is Dank claims to have the info that would clear the players,

Well produce it and take up the fight yourself, selfish prick.

The only defence he can produce is that he doesn;t believe the drugs banned by ASADA, should be banned at all.

I despise the man

What if he's got dirt on the whole list not just the infamous 34? In that hypothetical scenario where he has dirt on others players, it might be leverage.

Also despite your point about cronulla (which is fair enough), isn't there some clause about multiple offences carrying a 4 year ban? I forget the term they used.
the 34 were chosen based on players who participated in the program, so the other 10 on the list probably did not. So im not sure what he would have on them

I think the multiple offences means being caught again, not offending with more than one substance

This is the interesting part in relation to timing of interview...when the result is being determined.

Dank pops up to remind everybody that players and key people at the club all knew what they were taking...again reminding the masses that the Dank went rogue PR spin is sh1t...the club and players were in on it.

As per usual Dank still thinks everything he did was above board, there was nothing 'harmful' administered, he knows better about what should be banned, what is performance enhancing and how to create loopholes to avoid ASADA rules.

The not performance enhancing just trying to get that extra 5-6 percent comment further highlights the mindset that perhaps was used to sell it to the players...and the majority lapped it up and bought in. If Hird was a believer why wouldn't they lap it up?? Problem is they fecked up and some of their practices breached ASADA/WADA rules...they weren't as smart as they thought they were.

Essendon decides that going for incompetency and poor governance is the preferred option to being caught red handed as drug cheats. Evans and Vlad orchestrate this in an attempt to have the AFL control the outcome and punishment...as it also suits the AFL agenda. surprise, overnance penalties handed down with specific reference made to the punishment not being for being drug cheats. Unfortunately Hird won't buy into accepting the penalty for incompetence and won't go quietly, makes things much more difficult for AFL and Essendon as a result.

AFL and Essendon wanted the governance penalties to be the end of the matter, made the best of a bad situation...but *, that pesky ASADA won't simply let this be swept under the carpet and Hird digs his heels in and makes things worse.

Now the ruling on DRUG charges is imminent, Dank pops his head up again to voice his opinion that current drug regulations miss the mark (which unfortunately offers no assistance to the players) and a nice reminder (threat) to Essendon to not trot out the Dank went rogue dribble again.
the players testimonies put Dank in the s**t because they claimed they didnt know exactly what they were given. This contradicts his most recent claim. I wouldnt give any credence to anything he says and I dont think ASADA would either

the players testimonies put Dank in the s**t because they claimed they didnt know exactly what they were given. This contradicts his most recent claim. I wouldnt give any credence to anything he says and I dont think ASADA would either
On the contrary, wasn't it reported that ASADA outright dismissed plenty of player testimony??

It is the players and key figures at Essendon who have the most to lose in this, unsurprisingly it is they that change their tune the most, have used weasel words through the entire sage, and tried court intervention to have evidence suppressed and the case destroyed.

Wasn't Spike adamant from the outset that all players knew exactly what was taken, it was spelled out to them and Reimer's was asleep up the back. Good old Spike, I wonder if he was as forthright in his testimony when ASADA were grilling him....or did he change his tune to maybe's, rings a bell, unsure and general vagueness?

They all bought in with Dank, and if Dank made a mistake, it is the players and key figures at Essendon who will suffer the consequences...as it should be, they were the ones employed a Dank to happily benefit from short cuts in an attempt to get the 5-6 percent improvement over the rest of the competition.

Doesn't matter what evidence he produces, it can easily be squashed as unreliable.

You can always send SMS under other peoples number, send emails from anybody and any email, you can backtrace files as to when they were written

Too late now IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they knew. They knew that they were getting stuff "right on the edge". This was known from the day Riemers spoke to purple.

Dank always seems to come across as if his interpretation of sports science is some noble and worthy cause of itself, and that the forces for anti-doping are some backward and reactionary kill-joys who just don't get what sports science can do for human evolution and development. As if doping is not cheating but some higher purpose.

Good post.

What he also said, besides unequivocally calling the club and the players bare faced liars, was that a suspension of only a few weeks would be proof that there was basically nothing very wrong with the stuff he gave them...therefore, reading the subtext, if the players only get a little slap, they can't logically ban him for life. And he would have a point.

But suggesting that ASAdA and the AFL had conspired to fabricate a lie about poor record keeping as part of their larger conspiracy to get EFC while at the same time inferring that Essendon destroyed the records showed that his story is exactly what you would expect from a con man.

Dank always seems to come across as if his interpretation of sports science is some noble and worthy cause of itself, and that the forces for anti-doping are some backward and reactionary kill-joys who just don't get what sports science can do for human evolution and development. As if doping is not cheating but some higher purpose.

Sums up my thoughts beautifully......... in a helluva lot less words than I would've used.

So where was AOD approved then? Hutt River Province?

Way to misunderstand my post - I have posted ad nauseam about the grey areas of off label substances - Unless WADA tightens up their rules, then you'll get people line Dank finding a work around.

Way to misunderstand my post - I have posted ad nauseam about the grey areas of off label substances - Unless WADA tightens up their rules, then you'll get people line Dank finding a work around.

I think the rules are pretty strict, harsh even, as they are now. Bear in mind that the standard penalty has now increased from 2 to 4 years.

Problem is there are people like Dank that simply don't seem to accept the fundamental ethos of competing clean and anti-doping controls. There is no other solution than to drum them out completely of any employment in any sporting code.

I wonder about the timing of his interview? After Hird saying no to further legal action.

Essendon's PR initially blamed a rogue operator...which I assumed was Dank, before moving on to blame the AFL and ASADA etc.

Couple of points from that interview.

I remember reading somewhere he said he could exonerate the players? I thought that meant he had the records to clear them ...but naturally he didn't but he now says that the records were left at Essendon?

He said there were more than 6 people at the club who knew what was going on....to me that is clear threat!! Take me down and I will take you along with me

I could never understand why the EFC have never gone after Dank legally?

This idiot Dank is good mates with Bruce, who is good mates with Hird and after realising that ...Im thinking ahead, if EFC dismiss Hird, he won't go quietly, he will take the club and others down with him.

Please it was the AFL's PR who adopted the Rogue Operator strategy - Have you been living under a rock.

I think the rules are pretty strict, harsh even, as they are now. Bear in mind that the standard penalty has now increased from 2 to 4 years.

Problem is there are people like Dank that simply don't seem to accept the fundamental ethos of competing clean and anti-doping controls. There is no other solution than to drum them out completely of any employment in any sporting code.
Two things

Yes - But as I have posted we could have a situation where duped players are suspended and only one official is suspended - This is unacceptable - Gee there is a walking coach IN Russia whose had 20 walkers suspended for PED used - But the coach has never been touched by WADA, ASADA or even the Russian Athletics Federation

Unless you have clearer rules around off label substances then Dank types will find a work around.

These are the two issues I want WADA to address.

Nice summary. The best charlatans are those that truly believe. Dankenstein does. Add in a modicum of knowledge (science undergraduate degree), ego (smartest guy in the room) and probably the potential to make money somewhere, then you get an impressive package. EFC fell for it. Hird fell for it. The hardest thing in the someone with Hirds personality (XXXXXXXXX online diagnosing is unhealthy XXXXXXXXX) is to admit they have been suckered. They can also be the easiest to con.

But there is even more to the story. There has been hints of a money, patents, investments & biotech firms, but these will probably never come to light. Another thread has been the media, with the tentacles of the Murdoctopus, wriggling strongly and often bizarrely in favour of the Golden One. Is that you Richard Thompson? There seems to have been an organised demonising of various bodies including ASADA, AFL, various governments. The various sides trying to win the 'narrative wars', now, hanging on the tribunal. The pointy end of the season.

The political thread. Remember the poster who had all the deep throat sort of stuff on land deals tied into Labour. A paid pre-election troll for the Libs? Much like the money, any real political element will remain hidden in a hall of smoke and mirrors. More conspiracies than Art Bell.

There are the saddest of the lot, the Cultists, who have been following their Narcissus, now being deprogrammed to accept a new reality, the Fall of the Golden One.

A rich Supporting Cast, characters like Bruce Francis & GG. Who said Guildenstern and Rosencrantz are dead? And of course the worlds worst legal advisor, Martin "I'll be right one day" Hardy, armed with his Sea kayak and burning righteous rage to save the poor fellow from Toorak. You could not write comic material funny than this, nor as instructive in the dangers of greed, ego, stupidity, ambition, hubris etc. BTW that piss weak interview on RRR with Dankenstein means I am cancelling my RRR subscription as of 1988.

What a tapestry, a truly epic story! Shakespearean in its exposure of human folly and with more intrigue than Game of Thrones. Less blood though. It does need a dwarf and some gratuitous sex. Then it would be better than Game of Thrones. And a different ending, I don't like the only winners to be the lawyers and the Flower Drum. And unlike Game of Thrones we can all share & enjoy, live on BF forums.

Last edited:
Just had a squiz at the Essendon board, some of these clowns still think Dank will clear them.

Do they realise that he is getting some of his advise from Hardie? Hardie has been utterly wrong the whole way through this. He wanted McDevitt in jail, yet 4 federal court judges literally laughed Albert and Hardie out of court. And yet Dank, acting under the same advise will save them?

I am on the Essendon Board every day and there is no discussion about Dank clearing players - In fact its the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back