2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

I've already been cranky with them over the discounts they're offering for referring a bluebagger only being applicable for signings now - too bad for those that bought gift memberships for Christmas (notwithstanding that they didn't even manage to deliver a lot of them until well after Christmas if at all). It's the typical corporate sales thing of offering incentives to the slackers/disinterested and not rewarding the supporters that have been loyal and don't need to be bribed to sign up.

Where have they announced the extra game for 3-gamers? I bought my mum a 3-gamer and want to let her know.
I hear ya sister!
I should get 20% off next year...but I was too organised I guess.

awesome!! although its still low...at least we're seeing some good movement in this department.
maybe now that we're actually playing some games people have woken up to the season coming...

i work in marketing (at a leagues club in nth qld - i know what goes into trying to gain members, particularly new ones)....and although im a little bemused by the current marketing ploy to gain members...they have to try something...its worth a crack.
i dont think it would be easy to do a new marketing campaign every season for a club that hasnt had much success in recent years without the campaign coming across as desperate or doing their best at not highlighting the onfield dramas.
thank **** i dont work for essendon!!!
Really? Essendon supporters seem to love the club atm.... you know...don the stash...hirdy has a story to tell...etc. All great methods of rallying the deluded...i mean troops.

yeah really! i think the worse is yet to come for that club...
i think life would have been more difficult for our club some ten years ago (in terms of membership retainment and gaining new fans/members) and in effect we we are still feeling the ill affects of some peoples wrong doings.....sucks!
growing up i was led to believe that we were as strong and had the same sized supporter base as essendon and collingwood....what happened?

the club i work for has just over 36,000 members...in a population of 150,000 we're doing something right...and the basic idea of my job is to communicate too and retain all members that sign up...we have a lot more than just a game to sell though ie pokies, restaurants, function rooms, concerts, promotions etc so i know its a different ball game. also a membership is a lot cheaper than what we pay for at carlton - as low as $5. but we have our competition (mainly afl/cazalys funnily enough). in saying that i keep a close eye on what our club (carlton) is doing out of interests sake..

Carlton call in AFL as membership drive stalls

As Carlton's fans continue to give the club the cold shoulder, it has turned to the AFL for help with its 2015 membership drive – a campaign the new CEO concedes was mismanaged around Christmas and has since been partly outsourced.

Unwilling – just four weeks from the Blues' season-opening blockbuster against Richmond – to set a member target for this year, club boss Steven Trigg said his concern about what was "clearly a major challenge for us" led him to seek AFL assistance in January.

My tiger mate reckons he was getting a call a well from richmond with a recorded msg from Dustin Martin getting him to resign, do we do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon if the club dropped the prices and really advertised the price drop it would get more people to sign up

Yes thy, we all know you are loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you're a tragic Carlton die hard, why would you join?

1 - the only time the club actively connects with you is to sell you raffle tickets. Thanks Carlton.
2 - the Club in its entirety has been run like rubbish. Some of this has changed recently so it may change the culture.
3 - the Club is poor and going to get worse in the short term. 2015 will be a year of badness. There'll be no finals - there simply isn't quality in the list to do that. There could be some hidings. The leadership is soft and there's too few players willing to put mongrel into their game to be selfless. Put simply, we have a s**t team right now. If it gets as bad as I'm predicting this year, watch the numbers drop further.
4 - the whole connectedness thing with fans is true. I see a lot more proactive new generation targetting by other clubs. Carlton? Not so much. The greatest thing they could come up with was a 5 in 5 drive? 5,000 in 5 weeks? Where's the incentive in that rubbish? Whoever got paid to come up with that should be sacked. That's kids stuff.
5 - Why watch Carlton get smacked up at the ground when you can sook at home watching them get smacked up on the TV?

I'm approaching 20 years as a member. I switched from Carlton membership to AFL membership (Carlton nominated) because I want to see any game, any time. I enjoy the spectacles of Anzac Day and some of the other big clashes you just can't get to on a club membership.

But I completely empathize with those who have not seen any incentive to throw their coin in for a membership. I wish they would, but can see why they might choose not to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tndj, fortunately I am skilled in identifying the sub-textual symbolism and underlying nuances of heavily codified language. Consequently I managed to educe a minor theme of negativity in your post. Am I right?

At the behest of being labeled a Nancy, yep I'm a little meh about this season and all things Carlton

Think I'll just pay attention to the lesser lights and hope they offer something useful for the future.

And I'm on the Sam Rowe should be captain train. Love that guy. Probably the one who has a dip more than any other regular senior player other than Kade.

This followed Trigg learning that for a period last December Carlton did not have enough people working on membership – a scenario that saw the club miss phone calls and lose renewals through a problematic website.

Heads have to roll, that is too unprofessional to just let slide.

More alarming, he said, was data the AFL produced last year that showed the Blues ranked among the lowest in the competition for "connectedness" with fans.

To Trigg, this was empirical evidence of a problem he sensed, even from a distance.

Who needed AFL data to work that out ??
evil.gif

Since starting at Carlton's Princes Park base in August, former Adelaide CEO Trigg has embarked on a complicated exercise of defining everything the club stands for.

Despite being one of the competition's oldest and most successful clubs, the new Blues' hierarchy accepts it is suffering from something tantamount to an identity crisis. A theme in recent feedback from fans is that the Blues have been too eager to "buy" success and do not stand for anything readily definable.

But will they pay attention to that fact ??

It's actual work trying to love the club.

There's only so much defending of Carlton, blueprints and mindless optimism one can have. Worst is when you see another side seemingly worse off than us only to jump the * over us and see us languishing wherever the * we choose to be languishing.

Not surprised we struggle with membership or 'connectedness'.

Every one of those members who have not re-signed would give you a myriad of reasons.
I believe that most would come back to what they percieve as value for money.

Would think that many have doubts about Mathisons role at the club. When he next opens his mouth the Pres had better Slap him down.
Supporters are disenfranchised by his apparent influence over the administration of the club.
And a lot have issue with revenue coming from Poker machines.

Heads have to roll, that is too unprofessional to just let slide.

So the guy employed in July who, among other things, needs to get cracking on the upcoming membership drive - one of THE most critical campaigns a club will run on its agenda - has no idea what went wrong.

Not good enough.

You wouldn't have Trigg oversee a meat tray raffle. At least half a dozen people on this forum could organize and implement a more successfully run Carlton membership drive better than this clown. He may not be on the phones, but the buck stops with him.

At least it sounds like Trigg is now actually aware of what some of the issues are and can put a p l an in p l ace to fix it.

He was there long enough to be a cause of the problem. If the guy at the top doesn't know what's going on, then you've got the wrong guy at the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back