2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Maher reckons it's odds on there will be a challenge to the board later in the year.
I get the whole 'wealthy benefactor having too much influence' thing with the current Blues board, but why would any Carlton supporter want yet another faction forming at board level? I'd rather a single faction even if it is aligned with Mathiesen.

I mean presumably they want the club to win a premiership every bit as much as I do.

The more pertinent question in my view is whether the Blues have the right people in place to oversee the implementation of their strategic plan. Would we get this from a completely democratic election process? I'm not sure we would. The Hawks actively went out and found the people they needed to rebuild their club back in the early 2000's. They didn't just go with a popularity vote!

Don't worry Mags, you know I'll always help you out :)
AFL members with Carlton club support get everything that normal Carlton members get--scarf, stickers, lanyard, etc.
Thanks you, needed it as all we get is the lanyard, stickers and discount voucher to purchase goods from shop. No scarf:(
Bit lousy, I think that Hawks supporters get and even better deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interested to hear about the names involved. I wonder if someone like Tim Lane would be interested.
The one and only time i rang a radio station many many years i asked Tim the exact samr question. He said no as time just didn't permit it.

Andy Maher reckons it's odds on there will be a challenge to the board later in the year.

You guys have got it all wrong.

He just meant that M lo has said the search for the new coach will be independent, genuine and exhaustive.

Given how the board usually works, I'd say that certainly 'will be a challenge to the board later in the year'.... :cool:

Credit where credit is due...

I sent an email to the club yesterday (10pm AET) and received an email back as soon as they opened in the morning.

I seem to remember it taking days in the past, or perhaps not being contacted at all.

Let's hope the message has sunk in that the level of professionalism and organisation we expect in this area is somewhere near the top as opposed to rock bottom.

Here endeth the sermon.

Last edited:
I updated to the members reserve membership this year and have good seats on level one at Etihad and the MCG. Both of these areas are for Carlton members only,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well so I thought.
I have noticed a number of opposition supporters sitting in these areas and always thought that other Carlton members sneaked them in or they used friends memberships. Last night we had 3 Hawthorn supporters sit down in front of us and we said to them that must be in the wrong area as they had ticketmaster tickets in their hands. The attendant checked them and sure enough they were in the right area.
So, that means that ticketmaster sells reserved seats to opposition supporters, or anyone else, in areas that are supposed to be member only sections.
I am really disappointed about this as we paid the extra for our memberships so we wouldnt have to sit amongst the opposition supporters.
Has anyone else noticed this? I am really surprised that the ticket agency are selling these seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back