2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Springfield have pulled out of the competition according to their Facebook.

I'd say the original page would have been run/owned by the previous administration.

she must be a very average human being if she wouldn't even hand that over.
seems if you young and blonde you can get away with a lot more ... Running a club into debt and losing over half the members and still seen to be a hero by some in the League !!!

Confirmed, Springfield are no more.

Can only fight a losing battle for so long before it comes time to cut losses.

Sadly Soccer and Rugby rule this area.

Ill leave you all to it have fun,,,

There must be players who still want to play. Where do you think they will end up? Coll Park or Ips?

You really were shafted by your previous committee. Let's hope you can rebuild or at least keep the juniors strong in that area for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be players who still want to play. Where do you think they will end up? Coll Park or Ips?

You really were shafted by your previous committee. Let's hope you can rebuild or at least keep the juniors strong in that area for a few years.
Youth totally destroyed , no youth teams this year. Junior (U6-U11) numbers are half what they were last year. We should be able to get some U6s playing from Auskick, got two teams of U8s and almost one U9 but struggling for U10s as they left to go play at other clubs. Parents at this club are not fond of kids playing up age levels so cant combine younger ones into the U10s. Is a very frustrating time as some local clubs have told parents we wont be around so no point registering with us. (This is confirmed from the parents when we emailed them to re-register)

Ipswich Eagles advertised at our home ground for players in seniors team before season even started. Apparently no laws against that, but surely some morality must come into this. Are clubs really happy to steal other clubs players and see clubs disappear?

I for one am finding the talk behind the scenes disturbing as other clubs spread rumours and stories that impact us maintaining our junior numbers now.\\

Good news is we got more sponsors now than we have teams, turned around the club financially with great plans for the future. 3 yr deals with all sponsors.

But not an issue for this forum . Obviously will not be posting much in here with no team in the league .. Ill go follow the other forum for Yeronga where my boy plays...

Youth totally destroyed , no youth teams this year. Junior (U6-U11) numbers are half what they were last year. We should be able to get some U6s playing from Auskick, got two teams of U8s and almost one U9 but struggling for U10s as they left to go play at other clubs. Parents at this club are not fond of kids playing up age levels so cant combine younger ones into the U10s. Is a very frustrating time as some local clubs have told parents we wont be around so no point registering with us. (This is confirmed from the parents when we emailed them to re-register)

Ipswich Eagles advertised at our home ground for players in seniors team before season even started. Apparently no laws against that, but surely some morality must come into this. Are clubs really happy to steal other clubs players and see clubs disappear?

I for one am finding the talk behind the scenes disturbing as other clubs spread rumours and stories that impact us maintaining our junior numbers now.\\

Good news is we got more sponsors now than we have teams, turned around the club financially with great plans for the future. 3 yr deals with all sponsors.

But not an issue for this forum . Obviously will not be posting much in here with no team in the league .. Ill go follow the other forum for Yeronga where my boy plays...
How is that possible for another club to advertise at your ground. There's something seriously wrong with that. Were the afl notified of what went on and if so what did they do about it. If this is OK with aflq then that is something that has to be addressed asap. All clubs need to respect each other and act in a manner that is moral and acceptable. This is the most outrageous thing I have heard in my many years of footy.

Collingwood park is just down the road and I recommend Springfeild players to head there. Good bunch of guys. Have been trying to form higher grade senior footy for years.

Mate I can't believe another club would advertise for players at your home ground. Thats disrespectful to your club and is not in the spirit of the game.

Springfield Lakes aren't exactly angels.

Maybe under the new regime, but under the old regime they didn't mind approaching other clubs players and other dastardly deeds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back