2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to set a few things straight it was the Ipswich Cats a junior club trying to start a senior team that approached Springfield players not the Ipswich Eagles! The Eagles have a lot more ethics than their neighbors.

Just to set a few things straight it was the Ipswich Cats a junior club trying to start a senior team that approached Springfield players not the Ipswich Eagles! The Eagles have a lot more ethics than their neighbors.
Yes indeed the ipswich are trying their hardest to promote the game in the switch from what i here and the cats are doing everything in their power to make it as hard as possible for them, and as for approaching springfield lake players I've also heard the rumour that who ever plays with the cats will not pay any fees what so ever and at least 5 lakes players have been approached.,Also heard the cats were ringing around collecting past players from the eagles to add to their list to make sure they have the 30 names required to join some of these guys are over 50 for god sake thats an embarrassment to the cats if that what they have to stoop too.Eagles thirds against the cats makes for an interesting game, i hate to say it but my money is on the cats to win by 10 goals

Leaving that up to the individual players. I hear Ipswich have made contact with a number of them.
from what i here ipswich haven't approached anyone from there yes i here they have a couple that played there but were sick of club management and also work at the raff base at amberly where quite a few of their mates already played for the eagles. and as for advertising at another clubs ground ipswich cats have done it all pre- season while they moved from limestone to their new home out the back of ipswich they still advertised for juniors at limestone with a huge sign while the eagles are trying to get their own juniors up and going, let me tell you from what my mate tells me who's kids play for the cats, the club is run by 2 or 3 particular people who are not to well liked in ipswich their motive is not to grow footy in the region but to see the eagles decimate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes indeed the ipswich are trying their hardest to promote the game in the switch from what i here and the cats are doing everything in their power to make it as hard as possible for them, and as for approaching springfield lake players I've also heard the rumour that who ever plays with the cats will not pay any fees what so ever and at least 5 lakes players have been approached.,Also heard the cats were ringing around collecting past players from the eagles to add to their list to make sure they have the 30 names required to join some of these guys are over 50 for god sake thats an embarrassment to the cats if that what they have to stoop too.Eagles thirds against the cats makes for an interesting game, i hate to say it but my money is on the cats to win by 10 goals

Interesting, but confusing post Ducky. So which team is playing in the thirds comp ?? Or are both Cats and Eagles teams playing in this division ??

Interesting, but confusing post Ducky. So which team is playing in the thirds comp ?? Or are both Cats and Eagles teams playing in this division ??
the cats are trying to enter the third devision if you go to the clearance page on aflq you will see some of their player applications and yes ipswich will play a third team in this division

small eagle flyer.jpg
Not true at all I sent the picture of the Eagles Flyer to AFLQ to complain that they advertised on our home ground carpark.

Last edited:
How is that possible for another club to advertise at your ground. There's something seriously wrong with that. Were the afl notified of what went on and if so what did they do about it. If this is OK with aflq then that is something that has to be addressed asap. All clubs need to respect each other and act in a manner that is moral and acceptable. This is the most outrageous thing I have heard in my many years of footy.
Yes took phone snap of the flyer sent it to AFLQ and was told it not against the rules apparently...

Springfield Lakes aren't exactly angels.

Maybe under the new regime, but under the old regime they didn't mind approaching other clubs players and other dastardly deeds.
IF history is never moved on from then wars will continue to be fought.

Seems that a lot of people have been circling the Springfield Club waiting for a chance to pounce and say "they deserve it".

Not sure of the early history of the club but the last two years was under the management of someone who knew nothing about football. nothing about culture, they sent the club into a spiral of debt. Broken sponsorship deals and strange allowances from the League to form teams without enough numbers or financial status.

The club needs the forgiveness of all those clubs affected by the previous management of two.

The club has put in place new rules and regulations, new policies, new guidelines. New sponsors have been gained. Appointed a Director of Football Operations who will work on recruiting juniors, youth and seniors.

I hope other clubs give us enough breathing space to survive because I believe it is in the best interests of the GAME that a club in Springfield exists and grows.

As I said , I hope to see you all around during the year!

bit late to be adding a team now isn't it?

2 weeks before the season starts!
The NEW Team is to replace Springfield in the Draw...
Despite the AFLQs latest email, I think that puts another nail in Springfield as a club. Hard to see enough players being available come 2016 for everyone.

Yes took phone snap of the flyer sent it to AFLQ and was told it not agaivenst the rules apparently...
Well mate I will bring this up at the next meeting. If it can happen to you it can happen to anyone. The rule needs to be changed so this never happens again. What sort of people think its OK to advertise at another club. But why does the governing body think its OK. If anyone tried that at our club I'm sure we wouldn't take it very well.

Yeronga v Mayne @ Yeronga Friday night should be interesting and I believe UQ played Kenmore last Friday at Moorooka. How are these 2 teams looking????

Fair chance the Yeronga v Mayne game will get cancelled. There is a chance that it might rain !!!

Hey Nut I have heard that someone was caught having a piss on the oval last night on their way home from the RSL and AFLQ are deciding whether to proceed with the game as it will take the oval a few weeks to recover :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back