What Round Will Bucks Get Sacked

What Round Will Bucks Get Sacked

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Pert said something today that he expects finals this year for Collingwood.. Dont know if its a warning to coach and players or just the party line that every team expects before round 1... I dont think Bucks will be coaching by end of next year........

Last edited:
Seems a bit floggish to dedicate a thread to this, but I suppose Bucks has been a dick to us in the past.

He won't go. Would need s**t to go nuclear for it to happen (bottom four, not having the most members, being leaked against). He's made everyone believe they're at the ebb of the rebuild. Forgetting to mention they didn't have to rebuild so hard in the first place, but that his ego needed to be satisfied.

Seems a bit floggish to dedicate a thread to this, but I suppose Bucks has been a dick to us in the past.

He won't go. Would need s**t to go nuclear for it to happen (bottom four, not having the most members, being leaked against). He's made everyone believe they're at the ebb of the rebuild. Forgetting to mention they didn't have to rebuild so hard in the first place, but that his ego needed to be satisfied.
Then I am a complete unadulterated flog Meister.
Buckley has taken a team that played off for a grand final to finish outside the 8. Then he lost Beams and Lamumba, and replaced them with Crisp and Varcoe. How would that sit with you as a supporter?
Your final paragraph seems to contradict your first statement. I'm happy for others to sit on the fence, I'm making a statement. He will go unless they make finals. Everything that the club has said in the pre-season seems to back up what I'm saying.

Then I am a complete unadulterated flog Meister.
Buckley has taken a team that played off for a grand final to finish outside the 8. Then he lost Beams and Lamumba, and replaced them with Crisp and Varcoe. How would that sit with you as a supporter?
Your final paragraph seems to contradict your first statement. I'm happy for others to sit on the fence, I'm making a statement. He will go unless they make finals. Everything that the club has said in the pre-season seems to back up what I'm saying.

What contradiction? I think he's misled the club and supporters into thinking this type of rebuild is where they should be. I don't think they should be at this stage of a rebuild, if it wasn't for his ego/ineptness. I don't think he'll be sacked though, because I don't think they will finish in the bottom 4 , I think they will still have the most members and I doubt anyone there has the balls to leak against him if they've let it go this far.

[QUOTE="Devington, post: 37615807, member: 143889"]Seems a bit floggish to dedicate a thread to this, but I suppose Bucks has been a dick to us in the past.

He won't go. Would need s**t to go nuclear for it to happen (bottom four, not having the most members, being leaked against). He's made everyone believe they're at the ebb of the rebuild. Forgetting to mention they didn't have to rebuild so hard in the first place, but that his ego needed to be satisfied.[/QUOTE]
The contradiction is that I would be floggish to dedicate a thread to this then you list very valid reasons as to why he will be sacked. Not sure how membership will get him a new contract? And I have no idea what being leaked against means unless you are referring to last time I went to the Peel? But seriously no one at the Pies is talking rebuild in fact quite the opposite, listen to McGuire and Pert. All he has managed to do is play the prodigal son card and that can't last forever. Forget his ego and look at the results, having the most members only means you have the most complaints if you are not getting results.

The contradiction is that I would be floggish to dedicate a thread to this then you list very valid reasons as to why he will be sacked. Not sure how membership will get him a new contract? And I have no idea what being leaked against means unless you are referring to last time I went to the Peel? But seriously no one at the Pies is talking rebuild in fact quite the opposite, listen to McGuire and Pert. All he has managed to do is play the prodigal son card and that can't last forever. Forget his ego and look at the results, having the most members only means you have the most complaints if you are not getting results.

More of an issue of this being the north board, and generally (but certainly not always) the threads are about north related things. Just my opinion that this thread is a bit uncalled for and might be interpreted badly, but you know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

The only situations I can see Bucks being given the flick is if the team severely underperforms (bottom 4), if news articles about him being a complete dick etc come out (being leaked against) or if the Collingwood juggernaut begins to falter under his watch (membership).

Hird doped his players to the eyeballs and was throwing people under busses left and right, still didn't get the sack though. In both cases I'm not sure what's funnier; the prodigal son's being given the flick for being bad at their jobs, or backing them in.

More of an issue of this being the north board, and generally (but certainly not always) the threads are about north related things. Just my opinion that this thread is a bit uncalled for and might be interpreted badly, but you know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

The only situations I can see Bucks being given the flick is if the team severely underperforms (bottom 4), if news articles about him being a complete dick etc come out (being leaked against) or if the Collingwood juggernaut begins to falter under his watch (membership).

Hird doped his players to the eyeballs and was throwing people under busses left and right, still didn't get the sack though. In both cases I'm not sure what's funnier; the prodigal son's being given the flick for being bad at their jobs, or backing them in.
If you could see the PM I'm getting from my Collingwood mates for posting this thread. No Kahunas as they refuse to post.
I stand by everything I have said here and this is a valid place to post biased opinions IMO.
Forget news articles and look at what McGuire and Pert have said over the last week as to the expectations of the board.

Just remember, as of right now (no player has been suspended) Hird has the threat of legal action behind him, that all changes March 31.

I don't know why people see Eddie McGuire as a problem. He is one of the reasons Collingwood has been able to transform into the biggest sporting club in Australia. His tenure as president has been remarkable.

People criticize making Nathan Buckley the coach, and the Malthouse split, yet they also see Malthouse as "past it" when they talk about Carlton's current situation anyway. Can't have it both ways FFS.

During McGuire's time as president, club membership has grown through the roof, they've secured some of the most lucrative sponsorship deals in the AFL (Emirates and in the past, Lexus for example...), saturated media coverage due to Eddie's profile on Nine, The Footy Show, Millionaire, radio, Foxtel, several grand final appearances and a premiership (that's on field but getting off the field right is crucial these days...), the opening of the Lexus Centre, now Westpac Centre, a stand-alone VFL side, fixturing and an MCG deal to die for, and I'm sure I've missed so many other things too.

All this in the space of 15 or so years while he's been involved as president, bearing in mind, when he became president, the club was more or less broke, bottom of the ladder and struggling big time.

Credit where it's due FFS.

I don't know why people see Eddie McGuire as a problem. He is one of the reasons Collingwood has been able to transform into the biggest sporting club in Australia. His tenure as president has been remarkable.

People criticize making Nathan Buckley the coach, and the Malthouse split, yet they also see Malthouse as "past it" when they talk about Carlton's current situation anyway. Can't have it both ways FFS.

During McGuire's time as president, club membership has grown through the roof, they've secured some of the most lucrative sponsorship deals in the AFL (Emirates and in the past, Lexus for example...), saturated media coverage due to Eddie's profile on Nine, The Footy Show, Millionaire, radio, Foxtel, several grand final appearances and a premiership (that's on field but getting off the field right is crucial these days...), the opening of the Lexus Centre, now Westpac Centre, a stand-alone VFL side, fixturing and an MCG deal to die for, and I'm sure I've missed so many other things too.

All this in the space of 15 or so years while he's been involved as president, bearing in mind, when he became president, the club was more or less broke, bottom of the ladder and struggling big time.

Credit where it's due FFS.
This is why some people are sick of seeing his fat face. Because it's EVERYWHERE.

This is why some people are sick of seeing his fat face. Because it's EVERYWHERE.
I get sick of seeing him too :D

But you can't deny the impact he's had because of this. The bloke works his arse off, yet some people see him as a problem despite his contributions. Get real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Scott doesn't get us in finals and perform he should be sacked.

Our list is awesome and Bert and Ernie could get us near top 4 I suspect.

That is what i'm thinking about, not the Pies and their issues.

If Scott doesn't get us in finals and perform he should be sacked.

Our list is awesome and Bert and Ernie could get us near top 4 I suspect.

That is what i'm thinking about, not the Pies and their issues.
Except he is signed until the end of 2016 and we do not end coach contracts early. : tired look :

As much as you think we should focus on ourselves, that is reality.

Except he is signed until the end of 2016 and we do not end coach contracts early. : tired look :

As much as you think we should focus on ourselves, that is reality.

I have no issue with his contract. We showed a lot last year so I expect higher this year with our (exceptional) list.

What i'm saying it's completely stupid to bag other coaches at the moment.

Contracts are meaningless. Ask Brenton Sanderson what he thinks of his contract.

Unfortunately won't get the sack this year IMO. They have lost a lot of talent and experience in the last couple of years. The departures of shaw, wellingham, thomas and beams has left a huge hole to fill. They have added approximately 7 or 8 1st round picks in the last few years.
Personally I think it's a smart move. They could see their list wasn't up to it a couple of years ago so they have taken a 1 step back, 2 steps forward approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pies haven't had much luck with injuries over the last few years and lost some really good players to other clubs on top but I think they have recruited well. Very young squad that needs a couple of FA to speed up the process. Danger should be their number 1 priority to compliment Pendles and Swan with their young emerging midfield.

Having said that, suck s**t Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back