Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

could be onto something

pies had community camp in NZ a week or so before testing
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-02-06/photos-main-training-in-queenstown

NZ does use Clen in cattle
http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com.au/our_business/animal_health/products_new_zealand.html

be interesting to see this play out.

Just think that in the current environment it beggars belief that players would try this.

Crowley is an exception, as he is a ******

I was thinking the same thing, googled lamb and clenbuterol in NZ and got some hits.

I just think it does not add up, could be wrong, but even really really stupid people would not try this ATM.

What would have been the idea behind Contador taking it then?

Not having a go or being smart either, surely road cycling is (along with marathons) the one event where you need all your strength, power, energy and stamina?

You want to be as lean as possible to climb those big mountains. Plus could be a mask for something else too.

But we know that EFC does not have a paper trail for Thymodullin, so how could they have used it?

Imagine of these 2 Collingwood players start using the defense that they ate contaminated meat, but didnt have to supply any evidence of where or how they ate that meat, would you or anyone accept that evidence as good enough to let them off?

How they ate that meat? How would you eat that meat?

of course. Collingwood's players deserve due process. Shame Essendon's players havent been afforded that on here, especially given they never tested positive. They were found guilty by trial by media
Well if they Robbo on the case, I'm sure he could stuff it up for them too.

Very hard to prove though. For starters, the players would need to produce some contaminated meat as evidence.

Why EFC never produced any credible evidence of a paper trail of Thymodullin to their club, why cant these players try the same tactic of claiming something with no evidence to back it up?

of course. Collingwood's players deserve due process. Shame Essendon's players havent been afforded that on here, especially given they never tested positive. They were found guilty by trial by media
There has been bugger all discussion here about the PLAYERS, comparitively. Every now and then if they are found guilty what is the appropriate penalty. The big discussion here has always been mainly Hird's culpability, and the efc's inability to take responsibility for anything.

Collingwood supporters: "Oh we don't want to sound like Essendon supporters, better not give them the benefit of the doubt, FIRE THEM! FORGET EXPLANATION"

I was thinking the same thing, googled lamb and clenbuterol in NZ and got some hits.

I just think it does not add up, could be wrong, but even really really stupid people would not try this ATM.

Except they are both best mates and no other player at the club tested positive. Would need to be a big co-incidence.

It also saves a fortune on marinating the meat before cooking.

Just show the tribunal Bucks' t***ies:

Nathan-Buckley-5390402.jpg

Reckon that Collingwood pair would've tested positive?

I've run a test, and it's returned positive. This joke has been done in this thread before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could give a through analysis of drugs in sport, question the defence to be used but all I can think is......ffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Serious question what is the rule for team doping in that certain no. of players get suspended and the whole team is gawn? Is it 2 or 4 or other? If option a season is potentially stuffed as a +ve test puts the burden of proof back on the players.

Given the players state they have no idea fingers crossed for Sample b. Hopefully a mistake. Need to be certain as to what happened.

I've run a test, and it's returned positive. This joke has been done in this thread before.
Yeah, I know, but c'mon.

The time was right.

Well! Well! Well!. Gigantic difference between a club where players seemingly took a banned substance away from the club and without its knowledge and a club where a systemic program of injecting players possibly with a banned substance and almost certainly with at least one not fit for human consumption was allowed to occur.

That isn't to excuse these nuffies btw. They will get what's coming to them. Just not sure what a club can do to ensure players don't act outside the rules when not in their care other than repeatedly explain the rules and repercussions.
Bruce will find away to blame Gil and Andy D

I could give a through analysis of drugs in sport, question the defence to be used but all I can think is......ffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Serious question what is the rule for team doping in that certain no. of players get suspended and the whole team is gawn? Is it 2 or 4 or other? If option a season is potentially stuffed as a +ve test puts the burden of proof back on the players.

Given the players state they have no idea fingers crossed for Sample b. Hopefully a mistake. Need to be certain as to what happened.
Think it's at the AFL's discretion to apply team penalties or not. I could see them giving you a fine or something similar.

I was just interested, considering ablett is fairly knowledgeable it seems about PEDs (with regards to body-building), that if the drug was considered to reduce energy levels, why Contador would use it? Aware of the fat burning effects.
Contador's defence was a no faut defence - served tainted food. So on that assumption there's no motive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back