No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of stupid things said
Remember

'Even if she lied, she was telling the truth'

That's pretty good. But that quote sounds stupid, but I understand what he means (the things the made up mother said, he believed were true). The Rebecca Wilson one is dumber the more you think about it. ASADA fully presented their case built from 700+ days off open investigation, but she thinks that if the judges just read Caroline Wilson's articles then they would have found the players guilty.

Staggeringly stupid.

I must admit i was expecting a massive 'NOT GUILTY' new thread and this one to be locked and put away.

Can this now happen? mods Beerfish
We shall keep this one open until at least Saturday

Btw that wasn't me you tagged but some other random. But I changed it

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone clarify for me, why exactly was AOD not pursued again?

Need to settle an argument with a Collingwood flog who's using the fact Jobe "admitted" to cheating is proof of our guilt

Need to settle an argument with a Collingwood flog who's using the fact Jobe "admitted" to cheating is proof of our guilt
I now have no desire to get in to any argument or discussion with opposition fans about this entire thing. Let them make stupid, desperate arguments.

A colleague at work who happens to be a carlton supporter, has been near on impossible to work with over the last 2 years. The Amount of crap I've copped from him actually meant that I stopped talking to him this year. Unfortunately we are on holidays til the 10th of April, but we play carlton on the first weekend back at work. I look forward to wearing my essendon jumper after we destroy them.

Wasnt it because ASADA told not only us (Dank) but also the ACC during their investigation that AOD is A-OK?

Wasnt it because ASADA told not only us (Dank) but also the ACC during their investigation that AOD is A-OK?
I am sure you are correct. McDevitt said there was no way Essendon players could have known AOD was banned! The only explanation for that outburst is that ASADA didn't know it was banned because WADA said it had been banned since January 2011 under S0.

So Jobe cannot be a cheat if ASADA told him it was ok to use. He was following the rules. You can't ask for more than that.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys been a while since I posted so bear with me I've missed a bit here.
Can anyone give me answers to a few of these questions:

1. When will Hird tell his side of the story? Remember for at least 12-18 months initially we were hearing "when I tell my side of the story its going to look very good for efc etc).
2. If the club had believed all along that they had not done anything wrong, then why did we self report to ASADA?For example, Its not like you'd ring the cops and say 'well I don't think I broke the speed limit today but just checking'….
3. Gil says in the AFL statement that he believes there will be questions that are never answered about this saga. Why? He then goes on to talk about transparency…
4. Surely if the players are not guilty, they are entitled to MASSIVE compensation?
5. Why the hell did it take nearly 800 days to reach a verdict, that may still be appealed!?!?! Ahmad Saad had his case seen, served his two year suspension in the same time it took to reach our verdict.

thanks in advance

I feel wierd... so many times I've gotten into arguments with people caught up in the shere hyperbole of the situation and tried to argue facts and judition...

The confused look on their face today makes me truly feel sorry for them!

Hey guys been a while since I posted so bear with me I've missed a bit here.
Can anyone give me answers to a few of these questions:

1. When will Hird tell his side of the story? Remember for at least 12-18 months initially we were hearing "when I tell my side of the story its going to look very good for efc etc).
2. If the club had believed all along that they had not done anything wrong, then why did we self report to ASADA?For example, Its not like you'd ring the cops and say 'well I don't think I broke the speed limit today but just checking'….
3. Gil says in the AFL statement that he believes there will be questions that are never answered about this saga. Why? He then goes on to talk about transparency…
4. Surely if the players are not guilty, they are entitled to MASSIVE compensation?
5. Why the hell did it take nearly 800 days to reach a verdict, that may still be appealed!?!?! Ahmad Saad had his case seen, served his two year suspension in the same time it took to reach our verdict.

thanks in advance

Later. As an Essendon supporter just enjoy today.

And yet people still call radio stations now, 18 months later, to ask why Essendon players aren't in trouble re AOD.

The confused look on their face today makes me truly feel sorry for them!
There are many, many stupid people out there. Some of them are even employed to share their opinion with the wider public!

I am sure you are correct. McDevitt said there was no way Essendon players could have known AOD was banned! The only explanation for that outburst is that ASADA didn't know it was banned because WADA said it had been banned since January 2011 under S0.

So Jobe cannot be a cheat if ASADA told him it was ok to use. He was following the rules. You can't ask for more than that.;)
Has an athlete ever gone to tribunal and got done on s0? I'd be very surprised (as I've said all along) if s0 could stand up in a court. It seems far too encompassing and the definitions too broad. The ASADA gameplan was always to accuse, offer deals, throw mud, offer deals, delay and offer deals.

Dank asked WADA, WADA said talk to ASADA. Dank asked ASADA, they gave written evidence it was ok to use it.

There is written evidence on this, hence ASADA never went near it. One of the most disgusting, despicable campaigner acts in this whole thing. that the AFL, AFLPA and ASADA let the public harass and bully the players and club over something they knew was not prosecutable....BLOOD BOILING!!!

The END.

I must admit, I thought the players getting an innocent verdict would make me feel better.
Still copping so much heat, it's absolutely insane.

But now it's because of rage, bitterness and a lack of modesty? Anyone who is truly upset about this decision isn't worth worrying about 'the heat' they are bringing. Yes it's not beyond the AFL to fix a case, and yes David Jones was on the Barry Hall tribunal, but this was unanimous.

And if it's such a slam dunk case, then these same people shouldn't be so upset/worried, because obviously ASADA/WADA will be confident and they will smack Essendon at the CAS.

But they are upset, because they know the evidence is weak, they know WADA won't 'come over the top', and they know that all the time and emotional investment they put into proving Essendon were guilty was a waste.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as Essendon moves on to playing footy and not pursuing it further (whether rightly or wrongly), then Caro and co will continue to light little fires about it, but you guys are out of the furnace and that's all I would be concerned with if it was my club.

For those with Fox Footy, Essendon vs Melbourne is being replayed. Just a lovely reminder that despite the win, we won't have to see that bunch run out for us ever again. Thanks for the memories.

Was waiting at Southern Cross station for the train home and all i can hear was groups of Melbourne fans saying "Out of all teams it was us that had to lose to them should have smashed them by 10 goals"

Must say i had a little smirk on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back