Will ASADA/WADA appeal? - UPDATE: ASADA will not appeal - WADA has appealed

Will ASADA/WADA appeal?

• Yes

Votes: 256 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 137 34.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

you really think charter and alavi's failed confirmation of their testimonies made a difference?
Think being able to actually interview and Dank them would have made a difference.

werent Charter and Alavi's testimonies tabled anyway?

Yes, but with a lower "weighting" whatever that means. I mean, I find it hard to believe that the tribunal still wouldn't have been "comfortably satisfied" with Charter's sourcing of TB4 from China if he had testified before the tribunal that he had done exactly that.

well maybe they shouldnt have tried to manipulate Charter's evidence to suit their case
Did you watch 360 tonight? Perhaps it would be an idea.Whatley explains it with some clarity.

Yes, but with a lower "weighting" whatever that means. I mean, I find it hard to believe that the tribunal still wouldn't have been "comfortably satisfied" with Charter's sourcing of TB4 from China if he had testified before the tribunal that he had done exactly that.

And their evidence was concluded to be something along the lines of self serving lies. (Not exact words but same meaning)

ASADA lost their case because there is no proof that we were injected with TB4, it's very simple.

Watch this http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...-thymosin-beta-4/story-e6frf3e3-1227288292492

FWIW I am rapt the Essendon players got off. Its also terrible what they've been through the last couple of years.

But bigger picture, we have a massive problem. All clubs now have a blueprint to cheat with PEDs. The system has to change.

FWIW I am rapt the Essendon players got off. Its also terrible what they've been through the last couple of years.

But bigger picture, we have a massive problem. All clubs now have a blueprint to cheat with PEDs. The system has to change.
welcome to 2 years plus of hell that comes with it though

no, what was said?
Are you being obtuse-did you read the posts you responded to?
But anyway.
I thought Whately on 360 tonight was essentially saying the tribunal believed that Dank, Charters and Alavi thought they were buying it and compounding it. But the chain of steps to the players couldn't be made ( probs because of no docs!). So had no choice but Not Guilty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you will never get a complete chain of custody for anything but an AAF, so perhaps you're setting your standards a little high for a non AAF breach investigation

Of course I am setting them a little high but I still cant see how it even comes close to a comfortable satisfaction

welcome to 2 years plus of hell that comes with it though

Not really, EFC were incompetent (so would most clubs that trust their sports science, other coaches have admitted as much). A competent administration dedicated to cheating, well that's a different ball game (in more ways than one)

Not really, EFC were incompetent (so would most clubs that trust their sports science, other coaches have admitted as much). A competent administration dedicated to cheating, well that's a different ball game (in more ways than one)
so whats the game plan? Dope your players without their knowledge and consent, or rely on 45 players, and their families and friends to keep a secret?

Of course I am setting them a little high but I still cant see how it even comes close to a comfortable satisfaction

Well then we are going to have to agree to disagree as I won't ever set a bar so high its impossible to achieve when the burden of proof required is substantially lower

so whats the game plan? Dope your players without their knowledge and consent, or rely on 45 players, and their families and friends to keep a secret?

Well the East German and Chinese model worked for a while. Truly evil but possible. Afterall EFC via Dank did this very thing down to having players signing non disclosure agreements. Imagine if a competent administration dedicated to cheating with PEDs did it?

i suppose you have a problem initially anyway. The issue at essendon wasnt uncovered by ASADA or the AFL, it was outed by an extraordinary investigation into corruption by the ACC
Yep that is another problem -links to organized crime etc. Maybe the ACC should have run the whole show rather than doping body.

Well the East German and Chinese model worked for a while. Truly evil but possible. Afterall EFC via Dank did this very thing down to having players signing non disclosure agreements. Imagine if a competent administration dedicated to cheating with PEDs did it?
so which one? Dope players without their knowledge or a few hundred people dont talk. Seems risky when players are often moved on, traded etc

The players would have to be complicit though. Makes it harder.

In Essendon's case, the players were just dumb.

Back