Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

It was weird. Like he couldn't think of anything else to ask after "how do you feel?".
It was his fall back as he obviously wasn't prepared. It was pretty pathetic considering it went all around the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bill barely counts anymore, one Test a year is minimal at best.

Chappelli can be annoying at times but he's a damned sight better than listening to Warne talking about Tinder, or Healy and Slater being clowns, or Brayshaw talking about all the bucks parties he's been to.

I've literally never heard you express your dislike of Chappell before.

I don't mind people having their opinions, but give me one logical reason beyond "he's a flog" why he is worse than Brayshaw. Or Healy. Or Slater. Or Warne.

The commentary team on Ch. 9 is appalling.

He's just boring. He takes 10 minutes to explain a point that could have been done in 1 and he talks far too much about the old days and not about the new game. Pretty much all of the channel 9 team is terrible except Mark Nicholas.

Welp, I'd still rather hear about the old days than about Shane Warne telling 'strayans to drink beer at the barbie or his Tinder escapades. Or just the general drivel that flows from the mouth of the other three most of the time.

He's just boring. He takes 10 minutes to explain a point that could have been done in 1 and he talks far too much about the old days and not about the new game. Pretty much all of the channel 9 team is terrible except Mark Nicholas.

He's being increasingly relied upon to be the sole voice of reason, which isn't a role he is necessarily suited to. He's better with others to work off of, rather than being some kind of sage.

I've literally never heard you express your dislike of Chappell before.

I don't mind people having their opinions, but give me one logical reason beyond "he's a flog" why he is worse than Brayshaw. Or Healy. Or Slater. Or Warne.

The commentary team on Ch. 9 is appalling.

Beyond appalling. I just mute it and listen to the radio.

Read this article, if you haven't already. Found myself nodding in agreement with every single sentence.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/feb/13/channel-nine-destroying-cricket-legacy

He's being increasingly relied upon to be the sole voice of reason, which isn't a role he is necessarily suited to. He's better with others to work off of, rather than being some kind of sage.

When the old guard was present, he was often the agitator in the box. Says a lot about the current commentators that he's supposed to be the voice of reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back