Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassett would be the perfect choice . he is a proven coach and he'll straighten us up and improve our players. I don't buy into the argument that we need a mini rebuild . The next coach just needs to sort out our forward line , have the skills to have the players playing at their optimum level and have the players showing up week in and week out playing team footy . He also has to have the ability to drop players out of form regardless of reputation and promote youth which we have .

Bassett can do all of this no worries .

You make a good case but do we run the risk of another unproven coach?

#TigerThompson would do anything to coach a team to be better than essendon right now, essendon are real deal top 4 contenders and premiership threat. Just think of the capabilities at punt rd with #TigerThompson

6 years and we have a coach who continually plays players out of position...ala Morris ...and persists with Hacks.. and whos game plan is continully been shown up...im sick of it and i wud think the players are gettin the same feeling... We need a quality tactical coach before its too late...:mad::mad:

The real question needs to be, what idiots extended his contract another two years on the back of NOTHING!! Seven years for an unproven coach who dished up a finals humiliation to a ninth placed team?? If the blame lies anywhere its not Dimma, its the absolute amateurs that have kept him around and are twiddling their thumbs whilst the first real opportunity of success in 30 years gets pissed up against the wall. Benny 'the professional AFL bureaucrat' and Peggy 'leave no stone unturned, but not amount to anything' O'Neal need to be accountable for this!!

Coached the flair out of the forward line. Has taken 6 years for him to realise speed is important. Looking forward to Edwards being told to pull his head in for some of the ridiculous things he managed yesterday. "Yeah, look we want to share the centre clearances around so we had to play Sheds in the vfl"
He's coached the flair out of the whole team. We have too many predictable players.
Remember when Dustin Martin destroyed Norf in 2011 kicking goals from everywhere and smashing everyone? Where has that player now gone? Instead he is encouraged to chip it around instead of busting the game open. Our players wouldn't strike fear in anyone.

Mark Thompson is not someone you want at a football club. Geelong, despite the success he delivered, could not wait to see the back of him. He goes to Essendon, they end up in the biggest scandal in VFL / AFL history.

Read between the lines.

Brad Scott or Ross Lyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 games of chip it around the flanks, possession - look at the kpi's - football is enough to know that it is actually a game plan.

To beat the flood, other teams move the ball quickly from end to end, but our strategy is to move the ball slowly by chipping it around.

Just awful to watch and I don't care about the ******* KPI's, Dimma.

I'm over it. **** off.
#sackdimma
A weeks a long time in football

He's coached the flair out of the whole team. We have too many predictable players.
Remember when Dustin Martin destroyed Norf in 2011 kicking goals from everywhere and smashing everyone? Where has that player now gone? Instead he is encouraged to chip it around instead of busting the game open. Our players wouldn't strike fear in anyone.
All talented players are now plodders.

A lot of genuine talent would follow #TigerThompson to punt road. It's unquestionably the only move for us to make!
Bartel outta contract post season and a tiger supporter would come for less coin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#TigerThompson
Unless you have anything meaningful to add keep your fingers off the key board. We saw your first 2 posts that said exactly the same thing. Try and get your post count up by adding some meaningful content

Mark Thompson is not someone you want at a football club. Geelong, despite the success he delivered, could not wait to see the back of him. He goes to Essendon, they end up in the biggest scandal in VFL / AFL history.

Read between the lines.

Brad Scott or Ross Lyon.

People need to do some due diligence to Thompson off field at the moment.

Has issues.

The club would appoint me before him, and I'm no chance.

I think Ross Lyon would be mercenary enough to be enticed by cash.

I'm looking at the Richmond Football Club as a 2016 destination and my first thought is what player would even nominate Richmond as a team they want to be at in 2016 via free agency or a trade? The brand was at least mildly inviting in 2013. The same can be said of any potential coach. Who would want to coach? Names of potential players and coaches are being thrown up, but those people have got to still say yes and are willing.

Right now, I don't even want to go and watch another game, let alone consider playing for them or coach them.

Why can't Fox or 7 introduce what 9 did with the World Cup? Ask the winning captain a question, just tweak it to ask the losing coach a question.
Damian, have you lost the group?
Damian, what are your plan b and c's?
Damian, do you know what the phone is for?
Damian, When was the last time Richmond played this best footy that you constantly refer to?
Damian, why does your team have no guts?

Read between the lines.

Brad Scott or Ross Lyon.

Lyon is in the best 3 coaches along with Roos and clarkson. He would turn us into a finals winning team within 2 years. He won't leave deep though. I was a hardwick fan however he has taken us as far as he can, time to move on at the end of the year. Can't waste another year with him as coach.

North are still a suburban team - Brad Scott at a properly funded club would be the man. Lyon would take the cash, offer him $1m a year. More if needed.

I don't think he would turn down an offer to be head coach at tigerland. He hates Essendon now, things can change.

Trust me, he wouldn't take it.
Either way this conversation is just stupid because we will be forced to put up with another 2 seasons of Hardwicks terrible coaching.
They won't sack him before his contract expires.

Lyon is in the best 3 coaches along with Roos and clarkson. He would turn us into a finals winning team within 2 years. He won't leave deep though. I was a hardwick fan however he has taken us as far as he can, time to move on at the end of the year. Can't waste another year with him as coach.
I'd take a couple of flags for some shit years to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back