Analysis Pies awesome Anzac Day win. Match review

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win by the lads. Proud to see them stick to a game plan and keep their structure for the entire game.
Great coaching too to shut down Watson with Crisp and Daniher with Frost. At the ground I thought Frosty should have won the medal or possibly Crisp. But Seedy made so much ground for us with his running and long kicking and on a wet day territory is vital. Essendon had a shocking game plan (chipping like it was a dry day) and they never really adjusted to the conditions or the pressure we brought. Excellent all round effort. Go Pies.

Grundy needs to handball when he gets it not kick it, too many turn overs. Gault back to the VFL, try the 2 ruckmen with Witts. Disposal still appalling but let's take the 4 points.

Haven't listened to all of Hird's post match interview, but one thing he said was that the players didn't change the game plan in the wet and kept playing their existing game plan keeping possession and moving sideways (cant remember exact quote sorry) am I wrong to think the coach should maybe have instructed his players to not do this and am I wrong to think that he should be saying 'we' and not blaming the players for the game plan?

I was at the ground too, and lucky to have Elliott kick that first goal "right in front of me" and later Swan sneak another one.
It's the first time I've been to the G for 12 months (and the Anzac game for a few years) and it was so fantastic to be amongst a crowd of more than 80000.
Didn't even care that I was sitting in the rain
I love the excitement of leaping out of your seat when they score a goal and joining in the Collingwood chant, like today in the last half of the game.
That's how the chant is done THATSGOLD

Haven't listened to all of Hird's post match interview, but one thing he said was that the players didn't change the game plan in the wet and kept playing their existing game plan keeping possession and moving sideways (cant remember exact quote sorry) am I wrong to think the coach should maybe have instructed his players to not do this and am I wrong to think that he should be saying 'we' and not blaming the players for the game plan?

That might be a bit tough on "Teflon"....I think he's only involved in their supplementary needs rather than a coaching role;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge effort, so proud of the boys. Disposal was still terrible for the most part, it would have been a different game in fine conditions.

Listening to James Hirds interview after the game,
"Never invisionded us having so many more possessions than them........"

That's what happens when your team shits themselves under pressure and keeps kicking backwards or hand balling to a player in trouble.
Suck s**t you drug cheat.
You were an AFL Great, but you are now just a s**t stain on a crusty pair of jocks.
And that's being nice.

Collingwood didn't win either today. It rained apparently.

It was very satisfying beating this piece of s**t of a bloke today. Pardon my French.

Awesome effort by the boys today. Real good all around effort.

I can see in the future we will be a very defensive minded team. We are great at preventing goals.

Frost, the Seed and Crisp are all gold.

I was at the ground too, and lucky to have Elliott kick that first goal "right in front of me" and later Swan sneak another one.
It's the first time I've been to the G for 12 months (and the Anzac game for a few years) and it was so fantastic to be amongst a crowd of more than 80000.
Didn't even care that I was sitting in the rain
I love the excited of leaping out of your seat when they score a goal and joining in the Collingwood chant in the last half of the game.
That's how the chant is done THATSGOLD
Yes liked it but still would be better if it was our home game with more Collingwood fans. Oh and we aren't dragging the chant out long enough like we did in 2010 it's Ccccoollll Linggggg woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddd
Longer and slower.

1.Great win Pies. The unsung did most of the work.
2.To Bruce MacAveny. get fuked. die Knut and get out of the Dons closet you lonely guy fuktard.
3.There needs to be a humane way to get rid of bent/incompetent umpires which does not entail bans if you suggest it and..........................similar to handling stray dogs.

GO PIES! ESAD (eat s**t and die) AFL Umpires association.

So elegantly expressed, and so true!

A superb team effort. We defended like we were guarding Troy. Can't believe Crispy is only 21. How good was the cheering and chanting after Swan's goal?

A brilliant day in the Ponsford. My throat's in tatters after all that yelling and ululating. :eek::D:$ We barrackers also played our part.

Actually long time pies supporter as well. Living his dream.

Good on him.

And thank feck you put those filthy basterds in their place.

Hopefully we can lift next week and make a good game of it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back