Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep watching the sequence after Cameron kicked the goal to put Briony’s up by 2
  • centre bounce all our mids play in front of opponents
  • the youngest, Naicos, is able to gather, drop the ball, re-gather and dish to Pendles, who, under v little pressure is able to drive it into F50
  • cut to vision behind the goals
It’s our mids who are all streaming forward
  • Dunkley casually jogging
  • Neale only gets on his bike when he realises his man (Naicos again) is going to take possession of the punch
  • JDG’s amazing reading of the play to both recognise the space on the other side of Nick as well as the need to block Neale

Both amazing play by our mids and shocking by Brisbane
I do exactly the same most weeks

I keep watching the sequence after Cameron kicked the goal to put Briony’s up by 2
  • the youngest, Naicos, is able to gather, drop the ball, re-gather and dish to Pendles, who, under v little pressure is able to drive it into F50
  • Neale only gets on his bike when he realises his man (Naicos again) is going to take possession of the punch
  • JDG’s amazing reading of the play to both recognise the space on the other side of Nick as well as the need to block Neale

I never thought I'd see a better passage of play than the one that led to Jamie's after the siren goal against Essendon.

Then, I thought I'd never see a better passage of play that led to Jamie's goal to put us in front against Carlton in Round 22.

But this one is something else altogether, Pendles, Nick & Jordy. It is absolutely iconic. The behind the goals vision shows just how good it was.

We won #16 in the Chinese Year of the Rabbit. Our last Rabbit flag was 1927.

This year it's the year of the Dragon. Our last Dragon flag was 1928
View attachment 1903768

The last time the Chiefs won the Superbowl, Collingwood won the flag

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And a certain somebodys next public appearance will be at the G after being at the superbowl barracking for the winning team

We won #16 in the Chinese Year of the Rabbit. Our last Rabbit flag was 1927.

This year it's the year of the Dragon. Our last Dragon flag was 1928
Probably due to the fact that the Chinese years are always in the same order?

Assume you have us pencilled in for 2025 and 2026 using that logic.

On second thoughts I like your thinking!

I think it was Foxtel’s On the Couch (post-GF edition) which go to this in some detail, and pick it apart. They were (IIRC) very critical of the Lions mids in this passage of play, following Cameron’s goal.

I think it was Foxtel’s On the Couch (post-GF edition) which go to this in some detail, and pick it apart. They were (IIRC) very critical of the Lions mids in this passage of play, following Cameron’s goal.
I remember watching it and thinking they didn’t go hard enough on Brissy mids
How Neale could let Nick play in front then effectively take possession twice to get to Pendles is an indictment- as is his run forward (still more urgency than Dunkley)
Pendles was under no pressure at all
The whole sequence is baffling

How Neale could let Nick play in front then effectively take possession twice to get to Pendles is an indictment- as is his run forward (still more urgency than Dunkley)
I think after 383 games players have just stopped wasting their energy trying to tackle him. 😂

I prefer it that way, I’d rather the credit go to our mids for being brilliant rather than the opposition being terrible.

In the end it was Cox winning the tap to Nick, Nick’s brilliant extraction against Neale and Lyon and then spreading straight after, Pendles trust to let Nick win it and feed it to him whilst simultaneously pushing Lyons into the contest (I guess that’s why he asked Nick to be in the centre bound in the first place) and De Goey pushing Dunkley over and powering forward plus the their combined skill in the finish.

I prefer it that way, I’d rather the credit go to our mids for being brilliant rather than the opposition being terrible.

In the end it was Cox winning the tap to Nick, Nick’s brilliant extraction against Neale and Lyon and then spreading straight after, Pendles trust to let Nick win it and feed it to him whilst simultaneously pushing Lyons into the contest (I guess that’s why he asked Nick to be in the centre bound in the first place) and De Goey pushing Dunkley over and powering forward plus the their combined skill in the finish.
The Jordy push on Dunkley keeps getting described by some people as Dunkley slipping over. It's BS.

It's the strength of Jordy with his fending arm on Dunkley that causes Dunkley to loose his feet. It's awesome.

Must be coming up to the 50th view I reckon.
I'm trying to shoehorn the whole game on as a background on my phone

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Jordy push on Dunkley keeps getting described by some people as Dunkley slipping over. It's BS.

It's the strength of Jordy with his fending arm on Dunkley that causes Dunkley to loose his feet. It's awesome.
Jordy developed that fend in elite locations around the world

Sorry if it's already been posted, but I couldn't see it on the last couple of pages... does anyone have a link to analysis of the JDG 4th quarter goal via Naicos and Pendles?? I've seen the replay of this goal on Kayo but not the behind-goals footage or analysis people are mentioning, and can't find anything on YouTube.

It's one of those moments that happened so quickly in real time that I didn't really notice the complexities of it, I was just like "fk yeah Naicos and Jordy!"

Hearing of the Naicos and Pendles discussion prior to that bounce adds a lot of context. This was a real sliding doors moment where many collingwood teams of the past went on to lose a grand final in heart breaking fashion. Massive kudos to Fly and the players for this calm and professional response.

......Hearing of the Naicos and Pendles discussion prior to that bounce adds a lot of context. This was a real sliding doors moment where many collingwood teams of the past went on to lose a grand final in heart breaking fashion. Massive kudos to Fly and the players for this calm and professional response.
100% this 👍

Hearing of the Naicos and Pendles discussion prior to that bounce adds a lot of context. This was a real sliding doors moment where many collingwood teams of the past went on to lose a grand final in heart breaking fashion. Massive kudos to Fly and the players for this calm and professional response.

And never let us forget Pendle’s work in that last quarter, and in that match winning sequence. It’s a legendary Pies moment, in a period in our history when our coach ‘coaches’ for such moments. I’m getting emotional again just posting about it.😭

And never let us forget Pendle’s work in that last quarter, and in that match winning sequence. It’s a legendary Pies moment, in a period in our history when our coach ‘coaches’ for such moments. I’m getting emotional again just posting about it.😭
Lots of famous heroic moments in that last quarter but equally lots of one percenters that went unnoticed but were equally as important, right up until the siren where mccreery was crashing into another opponent.

Mitchell perhaps the king of the one percenters, just getting into the right space to block opponents and make it hard for them to move the ball effectively. Thought Cox was instrumental too in that department

Not sure about that, Kirby.
I watched that sequence many times last night - both players are reaching for one-another - but I think it's a slip.
Outcome is the same and whether he slips or is pushed, it doesn't excuse his lack of effort to get to the next contest, in opposition to the urgency that both JDG and Nick exude.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but I couldn't see it on the last couple of pages... does anyone have a link to analysis of the JDG 4th quarter goal via Naicos and Pendles?? I've seen the replay of this goal on Kayo but not the behind-goals footage or analysis people are mentioning, and can't find anything on YouTube.

It's one of those moments that happened so quickly in real time that I didn't really notice the complexities of it, I was just like "fk yeah Naicos and Jordy!"

I saw an interview with Fly - he called that play "pure draft" - other than Cox, all involved were high draft picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back