Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

You guysh! If we're being encouraged to keep our feedback in here don't you think it's appropriate that someone at least acknowledges that they've seen it? C'mon, everyone wants to be hird.
:eek:

It was noted in the other thread when Zee raised it. The reference to raising it in here was more about future issues. I partly assumed the acknowledgement there would apply to here and partly didn't have an articulate response to the query to respond yet.

While I am here though, Is this 2 membership threads continuing to be an issue for others?

Is the 2 threads thing the issue or removal of posts? Are we or should we be moving posts to relevant threads more often?

It was noted in the other thread when Zee raised it. The reference to raising it in here was more about future issues. I partly assumed the acknowledgement there would apply to here and partly didn't have an articulate response to the query to respond yet.

While I am here though, Is this 2 membership threads continuing to be an issue for others?

Is the 2 threads thing the issue or removal of posts? Are we or should we be moving posts to relevant threads more often?

Fair enough. I don't know if it annoys anyone else but I find it bizarre to have a thread that we're not allowed to comment it.

But woteva you guysh. It's not gonna kill me.

I would have thought a single membership thread would have been fine, but it really doesn't bother me in any way. Haven't seen any issues with moderating either TBH.

On the other hand, I have noticed a couple of good Blumours that have been posted in the dicussion thread and not the Blumour File. This makes my brain melt. :)

Bluemours work both ways. Feel free to quote one from either thread and deposit in the other thread. It's hard to keep up with the discussion thread so if you guys see something that needs to be copied elsewhere, we'd be eternally grateful.

Fwiw, I agree with zeeCFC regarding the membership tally thread:

Then lock the thread I guess.

I know personally I've had posts moved on multiple occasions because I've posted in the incorrect thread without meaning to. Locking the tally thread would make sure you only get the tallies in there and all other membership talk (tallies talk, membership packs, whatever) can go in the one thread.

I also agree that the board all looks rather cluttered and somewhat confusing atm. Maybe having the Bluemour file and Membership tally threads 'stickied' at the top will avoid confusion. That way they're easy to find but still out of the way of the similar threads that people will post in?

Just my 2c worth.

Fwiw, I agree with zeeCFC regarding the membership tally thread:

I know personally I've had posts moved on multiple occasions because I've posted in the incorrect thread without meaning to. Locking the tally thread would make sure you only get the tallies in there and all other membership talk (tallies talk, membership packs, whatever) can go in the one thread.

I also agree that the board all looks rather cluttered and somewhat confusing atm. Maybe having the Bluemour file and Membership tally threads 'stickied' at the top will avoid confusion. That way they're easy to find but still out of the way of the similar threads that people will post in?

Just my 2c worth.

Moving posts shouldn't be a problem if you have posted in the wrong thread and the posts are put into the right thread. Deleting them is where angst usually occurs.

Unfortunately BF as a whole doesn't like front pages having too many stickies. There is a sticky quota that we often exceed. The catch all reference sticky is supposed to provide links to those threads that we need from time to time so we don't have to search for them if they disappear from the front page.

In this very thread, we have posters saying the stickies annoy them. You can see our dilemma as everybody likes something different.

We try not to react too quickly to suggestions especially if there are counter opinions. The rumour thread 'get rid of the crap' vs 'stop deleting our posts' war of 2014 went on for a while before we came up with a solution that suited all. The aesthetics of the two threads is the compromise fall out.

I think we can be too accommodating over minor issues to be honest. Finding further solutions with the limited tools we have available to us to assist people who haven't recognised which thread they are in or don't read OPs is probably adding an unnecessary burden.

It's not so much cleaning up for moving stuff that concerns me, but restating the reason for every action if someone gets upset about a deleted or moved post is time consuming. It takes a poster a few seconds to click a link and a minute to post. It might take a mod that long to move or clean up a post AND explain to the poster why they did something or explain to another poster why they didn't do something. So the poster loses a minute or two and moves on. The mod loses a minute or two on one poster but might have that multiplied many times over the course of a day.

I think it is good we have open discourse over these things but I hope you guys know we are fairly proactive and protective of you in general. Some boards would infract their own for swear filter avoidance and snipes at each other. We usually take the time to discuss most things.

Having got that off my chest, we might look at different badges and titles to identify the stricter threads. Rest assured we are always discussing.

I just wanted to ask a question over locking of certain threads.

There was a thread entitled Building our next premiership team which was replied to 29 times in the period of a day. I would have thought a thread to discuss such a matter would be a good discussion to have although maybe it's a discussion that could be held in an existing thread, i just don't know where that would be?

This isn't a complaint or a criticism, i am just asking for clarification on where certain types of discussions should take place or why a topic of this type wouldn't be considered to be one that is reasonable to discuss.

Thanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wanted to ask a question over locking of certain threads.

There was a thread entitled Building our next premiership team which was replied to 29 times in the period of a day. I would have thought a thread to discuss such a matter would be a good discussion to have although maybe it's a discussion that could be held in an existing thread, i just don't know where that would be?

This isn't a complaint or a criticism, i am just asking for clarification on where certain types of discussions should take place or why a topic of this type wouldn't be considered to be one that is reasonable to discuss.

Thanks in advance.

It was more a list management thread which I have now merged with this thread :-

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-list.1085720/page-5

There really is no point having duplicate threads of similar topics.

How come everything you ask for............

You can't talk. Didn't you once asked to be constantly ridiculed, dismissed, treated like a piece of comedy meat? Didn't you? And what happened?

How do these trophy points work - I got more trophy points then some (650 points) yet I remain a debutant?
Is it a quantity over quality issue? Not the rubbish I regurgitate is quality but what's the deal?
Don't want a Norm Smith or even be on the Match Committee but even Rookie must be better than Debutant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back