Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

And believe me that this will still be on your record. Our organization does Police checks all the time and what people don't realize (maybe you do) but even if you are not convicted such incidents are on record for any potential employer to see).

Absolutely. Also means that any time i need to travel to the US and some other countries i need to visit a US consulate to get a visa, it's easier now, since i've done this a few times, but it still means flying to Melbourne or Perth and the associated consulate fees. Costs me time and money.

If you just ignore it like players would all be trained to do it goes away within minutes and you can get on with your life

Basically this. Belting some drunk guy and then hiding behind your entourage is a dog act.

The bloke was a total campaigner. If it were anyone else he was harassing, he would get his face caved in. Clarko did the right thing under a circumstance where there weren't a whole lot of options.
No he wouldn't, and if someone responded like that, they would probably end up in big trouble. You can't just beat the s**t out of people that annoy you.

There are drunken idiots everywhere and most reasonable humans can get by without resorting to extreme violent behavior.

As for Clarkson, his response was reasonable but borderline. There will be more public scrutiny because he is a largely unapolagetic campaigner, despite being a great coach, even if he was not in the wrong.

No and Clarko didn't go overboard, but you can't respond with violence.

I feel sorry for your children if you behave the way you tuff talk. It seems provocation is justification for a beating in your eyes

Except he didn't beat him, so your hyperbole is irrelevant.

And I wasn't aware I had any kids; when you stop feeling sorry for them, tell them I'm sorry I'm not part of their lives - but explain that I wasn't aware they existed.

Can't believe there are some people on here that are defending a bunch of drunk idiots invading a person's space just to have a pot shot at Clarkson.
There hasn't been one post that I can remember defending the actions of the bloke Clarkson whacked.

Are you sure you're not being a touch hyperbolic?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you're a tagger on the footy field you can push, haggle, harass just about anything within the rules of the game to an opposing player and thats fine. If the other player reacts with an open hand to the throat with force its a free kick and possibly a suspension.
Im confused!!
Clarkson is a flog.

Except he didn't beat him, so your hyperbole is irrelevant.

And I wasn't aware I had any kids; when you stop feeling sorry for them, tell them I'm sorry I'm not part of their lives - but explain that I wasn't aware they existed.
Exactly, he didn't beat them, but you were advocating a more violent response.

As for kids, now or in the future. You are either hamming it up for an audience or are genuinally a danger to the people around you.

Absolutely. Also means that any time i need to travel to the US and some other countries i need to visit a US consulate to get a visa, it's easier now, since i've done this a few times, but it still means flying to Melbourne or Perth and the associated consulate fees. Costs me time and money.

I'm not sure how the US consular works but our Police checks are Australia wide. There is no getting away from what you have done in any state of Australia mate.

pretty poor effort by Clarko. I agree the clown who taunted him deserved to be put in his place but Clarko refused to admit that his reaction was over the top and not a good example for someone in his position, despite being prompted to by Sandy Roberts. Not a good effort Clarko

I'm glad he didn't.

A few comments from this page in regards to what clarko should of done.

"Decked him"
"Caved his head"
"Knocked him out"

Leigh Mathews a great of our game and an ambassador of the hwathorn football club " Lucky he wasn't hit into next week"

The level of violent rhetoric in this thread is the reason why we see people with serious head trauma caused by violence. It reaffirms my believe that this "knock out" culture in australia is as prevalent as the attacks it promotes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back