Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

I have advised more than once that I've been taking names of the doubters & haters, & that I would be seeking out apologies/recanting of statements/admissions of wrongness in due course.

I'm gonna hold fire until we see his name in the bests one more week. But those who know who they are can feel free to take the initiative on themselves, as it is only a matter of time.

The problems with Jacobs are

- He goes to ground at strange times
- He often lacks composure
- He has yet to build the requiste trust from his teammates, they delay disposal looking for better otions.

All of the above can be fixed with time, but to do it we are sometimes gonna get s**t Jacobs, sometimes gonna get role player Jacobs.

Was good again today which makes two solid games in a row.

Good backup player for when mids like NDS/Wells go down with injury. Has the potential to become best 22 if he can keep up this form.

Can get the pill. If Matt Priddis can win a Brownlow, then this guy can certainly be a regular player.

Hope he keeps up the good work.

Still makes a few silly mistakes. And I shuddered when he made that early squibby effort. But I like that he cracks on and keeps running the whole game. Gaining in confidence each week. I was really surprised to see him initially dropped after last week's game.

Rebounds just as much about decision making, positioning, kicking ability and hard work as its is pace.
True, which was largely on song today, particularly for Wright. The point l was making that l was pleasantly surprised that Wright and Jacobs are using more of their natural pace which is a major attribute of rebounding and breaking the lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very good today. That one hand pick up in the middle was a sign of massively improved confidence. If he keeps this up, definitely best 22.

his kicking and decision making over the last weeks has improved out of sight, especially under pressure.

backing him to be best 22 for the rest of the year.
Augustine >>>>>> why is that ?? Also is out for multiple weeks and he gets his chance, knowing inside his head that he has been placed inside the best 23. Its mental with Jacobs not lack of ability.

Very disappointed to see him squib a mark in the first quarter when he had to stand uncontested underneath a high ball.

I didn't see it that way. I thought it was more a skill error i.e. Dropping the mark, rather than a squib.

He often goes back with the flight and intercepts.

Two good games in a row suggest that we have to keep playing him as the penny is indeed starting to drop. Agree that it reminds me of how Greenwood went from a deer in the headlights to a solid contributor.

Very disappointed to see him squib a mark in the first quarter when he had to stand uncontested underneath a high ball.
Other than that, he had a very, very solid game and probably his best game for the club. Wright squibbed a kick into the corridor under zero pressure in the first qtr and turned it over and everyone is singing his praises. You can nit pick at everyone's game and find a basic error they made (Boomer included).

I think people are starting to see why he was a first round draft pick. His lack of self-belief and ability to adjust to the speed of senior footy has held him back.

I still remember how putrid Simmo was prior to '98 and then grew into a 300-game captain and champion of the club. BJ may not be of the same class but his upper limit may be higher than some here realise.

latest

Any one of you 'late to the party' muppets still wanna jump on board the Jacobs Jalopy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back