Two Up

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than footy I don't watch it. Don't jump to conclusions, it makes you look even more insane.
Dennis, and Bruce, and the statist slogans inserted on a subconscious level to our Friday night games. A few of the recent games have made me feel like killing myself to be fair.

Other than footy I don't watch it. Don't jump to conclusions, it makes you look even more insane.
That is more than enough these days, with 'multicultural rounds' and the gay agenda forced down peoples throats.

And if you don't watch tv, where do you get your information? Please, I would like to know. Facebook perchance?

That is more than enough these days, with 'multicultural rounds' and the gay agenda forced down peoples throats.

And if you don't watch tv, where do you get your information? Please, I would like to know. Facebook perchance?
Blogs, forums, books, so probably similar places you get yours but with a much more centrist and balanced approach and much less hour long videos and ranting.

Name some, I will check them out.
I don't have specifics, when I want to educate myself on an issue I read across as much as I can. I don't barrack for an opinion like I do a footy team so I try and see both sides viewpoints before jumping to a conclusion. In the case of anti vaccination it doesn't seem there's much point in supplying you with any specifics because you've made up your mind in the face of the overwhelming evidence supporting how wrong you are.

I don't have specifics
A 'no' would suffice.
In the case of anti vaccination it doesn't seem there's much point in supplying you with any specifics because you've made up your mind in the face of the overwhelming evidence supporting how wrong you are.
On the contrary, I do not recall seeing a single piece of evidence from the pro-chemical concoction injections crowd in this entire thread.

Not going to lie, pretty disgusted by the quality of debate in this thread.

Not ONE person has raised the fact that the OP has been brainwashed into using the American spelling by the mass media. It's immunise, not immunize.

Also, I have no sympathy for parents who use junk science to deny their children the right to a healthy life, and even less who use opinion to threaten the lives of others. I'm yet to ever see an extensive, peer-reviewed analysis that the compulsory vaccines are worse for children than the diseases they prevent, and never once read an open, informed, and reasonable opinion from someone who objects to their use.

Also, I have no sympathy for parents who use junk science to deny their children the right to a healthy life, and even less who use opinion to threaten the lives of others. I'm yet to ever see an extensive, peer-reviewed analysis that the compulsory vaccines are worse for children than the diseases they prevent, and never once read an open, informed, and reasonable opinion from someone who objects to their use.
Maybe if the statists allowed Dr Sherri Tenpenny to give lectures within the country, you might have had the chance to go along and hear the other side for yourself.

Sadly though we live in a 'free' country where the freedom is to believe what the authorities tell you to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why are people asked to constantly prove things that are (by now) self-evident? do these people jump into a debate about, say, astrophysics and demand that someone prove gravity?

On the contrary, I do not recall seeing a single piece of evidence from the pro-chemical concoction injections crowd in this entire thread.

polio-cases3.JPG

A 'no' would suffice.

You've made your opinion pretty clear and I assumed it was based off researching both sides and not just this thread. If you need your hand held I can provide plenty of studies to disprove your position.

Maybe if the statists allowed Dr Sherri Tenpenny to give lectures within the country, you might have had the chance to go along and hear the other side for yourself.
Have you seen one of her lectures? If so what did you think of them?

Denialism is the employment of rhetorical tactics to give the appearance of argument or legitimate debate, when in actuality there is none. These false arguments are used when one has few or no facts to support one’s viewpoint against a scientific consensus or against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They are effective in distracting from actual useful debate using emotionally appealing, but ultimately empty and illogical assertions.

You've made your opinion pretty clear and I assumed it was based off researching both sides and not just this thread. If you need your hand held I can provide plenty of studies to disprove your position.
I think the whole thread would benefit from one of the pro-forced chemical concoction injection crowd offering up some evidence.

Have you seen one of her lectures? If so what did you think of them?

of course he hasn't. he doesn't actually care for the topic, he just wants a reason to pontificate about consensus opinion and how acceptance of such makes us all sheep, positioning himself as the "independent thinker".

The anti-vaxxers are dangerous terrorists that spruke non-evidence based fear mongering garbage to parents, who in the main, are probably just trying to make the right decision for their children. Parents shouldn't be scared to immunise and all the evidence supports it being the right thing to do.

On very rare occasions things go wrong, that is sad and unfortunate and if it were my child I would be devastated, but as parents you have to make these decisions and the anti-vaxxers should just shut their cult like gobs. All of society should not be at risk of dangerous diseases that have the potential to kill and ruin many many thousands of lives.

This is the queue waiting for the polio vaccine when it first became available, do you think those thousands of people were doing that for the fun of it, no they experienced first hand the devastating illness that now thankfully has been eradicated. Wonder how many reget it???

10945532_815602345179040_2034901813102260663_n.jpg
polio queue.jpg

It is more the part of the brain that draws conclusions / makes decisions.

yeah i've seen that opinion previously. a truly amazing bloke with a dizzying intellect i 'knew' on another forum, described it thusly:

All these factors are indicative of strong left-hemispherical cognitive dominance. And I'm not talking about hemispherical dominance in that "oh, I just did a test on the internet which says I'm right-brained which means I'm creative!" sense, I'm talking about you having a cognitive pathology which renders the potential for normal, sane thought impossible. Hence, the things you believe.

continued:

Among other things, the left-hemisphere is responsible for the creation and maintenance of a "holistic" world-view: what we might call, in Freudian terms, the "ego". Under normal circumstances, the left-hemisphere is tempered by the functions of the right-hemisphere, which - using cognitive process closely tied to the emotional centers of the brain - is capable of "over-ruling" the left-hemisphere when it becomes clear that the world-view it has created is at odds with reality. When - as is the case with stroke patients - the right-hemisphere is incapable of performing these functions, extreme delusions (completely unrecognisable to those who hold them, of course) become impossible to resist and these patients can come to believe, for instance, that their paralysed arm is not actually paralysed and that it belongs to their father.

The left-brain, left to its own devices, is capable of confabulating a picture of the world that at no point intersects with reality and it is incapable of realising the discrepancy.

But this is a fairly extreme example. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) that you are a stroke victim suffering from trauma in the right parietal lobe. From your posts here, I think it's likely that your problem is an undeveloped rather than a damaged right-brain.

(reading this guy's posts over the years made me feel like an intellectual peasant, and it was amazing.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back