The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting an interim in the hope that Pep comes at some stage is idiocy.

Get the stomach burning feeling that Pep will end up at Man U, in 2/3 years time. LVG isn't a long term appointment by the Glazers, just got a s**t feeling Pep is happy to take over a few years after Whiskey Face left.

Happy with Klopp at City, or Ancelotti really ..
Really can't go wrong with either.

sorry, graveyard was probably harsh.i was more talking about coaching rep, Pell at malaga was hailed as tactically a good coach ( especially orchestrating their CL run ended by bvb in lucky circumstances) and now slammed consistently in press for city losses about he is not good enough. Coaching is a tough gig lol
Mancini was slagged off for his tactics too. Only now people in the media starting to work out he had an idea what he was doing.

If Klopp wanted a project similar to Dortmund when he took over, West Ham would be a pretty decent option for him.

Not saying it will happen, but with the new stadium + sponsorship + potential for new rich owners, it's a chance to build a potential Champions League team over a couple of seasons.

I think City hold out for Pep, so Rafa or somebody else gets the gig for 1 year if that's the case, or they go Ancelotti, Wenger looks pretty comfortable at Arsenal currently.

All things considered, there's going to be a LOT of manager turnover this off-season.

moomba thoughts on you guys getting Klopp?

Where would he be on your top 5 list for who to manage City in 2015/16?

Be very keen. I don't watch much Bundesliga but I've seen his sides aboslutely destroy mine home and away. If he could replicate that at City (albeit with some different players I would imagine) he would be everything I would want in a coach.

As far as a top 5 I don't really have one. Of the name coaches only Pep and Klopp interest me. Ancelotti as well although not as much as the other two. Koeman and De Boer interest me a bit from that next level down. But I don't have a problem with getting a no name manager.

If Klopp wanted a project similar to Dortmund when he took over, West Ham would be a pretty decent option for him.

Not saying it will happen, but with the new stadium + sponsorship + potential for new rich owners, it's a chance to build a potential Champions League team over a couple of seasons.

I think City hold out for Pep, so Rafa or somebody else gets the gig for 1 year if that's the case, or they go Ancelotti, Wenger looks pretty comfortable at Arsenal currently.

All things considered, there's going to be a LOT of manager turnover this off-season.

Would be a massive coup if West Ham could somehow land him - with the move to the Olympic stadium, there is definitely potential there for something special to be built in the next few years with the right manager at the helm.

Maybe he'd consider becoming our new manager too. :drunk:

Bayern Munich's demolition at the hands of Porto is intriguing, if they go out in the last 8, where does that leave Pep ? City would be crazy not to table a massive offer to him. Don't think he'll leave Bayern yet, but it would be interesting what the fallout will be..

Bayern Munich's demolition at the hands of Porto is intriguing, if they go out in the last 8, where does that leave Pep ? City would be crazy not to table a massive offer to him. Don't think he'll leave Bayern yet, but it would be interesting what the fallout will be..
Pep will stay, take a year off after managing bayern and maybe go to United.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think the Klopp resignation announcement was delayed until they'd tied up this loose end and that they had been working on this behind the scenes for a while to ensure a smooth transition. The obvious question is whether or not Klopp had also been working on securing his own future prior to making his departure official.

Newcastle announce that Carver will stay on for the final three games.

Just mind boggling. When we inevitably go down, I'm sure fans will laugh at us like last time and we'll deserve it yet again. :(

Carver's admitted he thinks he's lost the players (or they don't listen to him not that is much different) and dissent is rife amongst the so called 'players' and professionals.

Club's response just reeks of cheapness yet again. Didn't have the stones to sack him (as similar to Pardew, they don't want to pay out his remaining 5-6 odd years).

Overnight, apparently Moyes moved into second favourite for the Toon job. Personally, would rather him than McLaren (who seems the favourite by most agenices).

No way Moyes takes that job with Ashley in charge.

I think any manager would be slightly mad to take us on at the moment!

Even McLaren has largely been rather cold towards the links to us. There was a time when some managers might have seen us as a dream job but I think now we're only ever going to be stuck with hacks and more puppeteers happy to join the Ashley team. :confused:

I think it's inevitable Moyes ends up managing West Ham next season.

The Dildo Boys want a proven British Premier League Manager who can help the club challenge for the top 4 when they move into the Olympic Stadium.

Tony Henry who was Everton's Head Scout when Moyes was manager, is now doing the same job for West Ham.

Moyes really hasn't done that much at Real Sociedad except keep em out of relegation.

If he had a choice b/w us and Newcastle (from the ESPN tweet saying he was going to become Newcastle's manager), I think we are the more attractive option until Ashley sells up.

Samuel Allardyci likely to move onto QPR or Fulham next season I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back