A-League A-League Men Round 10 - Goodbye To 2023 With The Original Rivalry

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh make no mistake, I think it's a commendable attitude, I just think he's being overly cautious and should back himself at some point soon.

A big Asian Cup performance (if Ryan isn't able to get fit in time) should see plenty of suitors after him in the summer window.

A big Asian Cup performance (if Ryan isn't able to get fit in time) should see plenty of suitors after him in the summer window.

Even more reason I'd be keen for Hull to get in early on him.

Just over 15,000 in Gosford.
Well done and hopefully they come back for more.

Shiiit, that's an excellent crowd! A-League fans bandwagon with the best of them, but I think there's a bit more to it than that with regional teams like the Mariners.

It was obvious that the Victory bandwagon was back last night too, with the north and south ends chockers. (Oddly the members are always the last ones to come back.)

If WSW can start pulling some fans back, we've got a good set of teams at the top of the table at the moment in terms of teams that are strategically important to growing tv and crowd metrics.

Shiiit, that's an excellent crowd! A-League fans bandwagon with the best of them, but I think there's a bit more to it than that with regional teams like the Mariners.

It was obvious that the Victory bandwagon was back last night too, with the north and south ends chockers. (Oddly the members are always the last ones to come back.)

If WSW can start pulling some fans back, we've got a good set of teams at the top of the table at the moment in terms of teams that are strategically important to growing tv and crowd metrics.
You don't think maybe it was the fact it was the Original Rivalry and NYE that did it?

Two great assists from Milanovic in under 15mins, he's really developed as a player. WU missing the likes of him bigtime!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such a strange one. I remember years ago the lower leagues in England changed their tiebreaker rules from Goal Difference to Goals Scored to encourage goal scoring.

But on what planet would you go we need to make wins the most important tie breaker?

The clubs clearly didn't know about it either. Imagine the legal fallout if it were the completion of the season if such changes were made without involving or notifying the stakeholders.
To be fair it sounds like the league had no idea, so probably wouldn't have enforced it till they got called out.

This whole episode is just so ludicrously A League.

Congratulations Phoenix for finishing top of the league at the end of 2023 👏👏👏👏

ryan reynolds hd GIF

"communicated to clubs" lol clearly wasn't. It affected more than first and second and not a single peep from any club, broadcaster, commentator or APL employee?

It's mid season so it's more who cares and another great self inflicted meme by the league but if it were end of season it wouldn't have been enforceable and the previous criteria would have had to stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back