A-League A-League Men Round 10 - Goodbye To 2023 With The Original Rivalry

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbelievable that this is 0-0, it's the polar opposite of the turgid slopfest we play last Saturday night, this has been a cracker.

Even Ace Rimmer is embarrassed by that cactus defending from Adelaide

tumblr_inline_p7g7farXPg1s6rsvw_400.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard him interviewed, he’s in no rush. Has said he doesn’t want to go too early.

He's far too good to still be here. Could easily be doing a job in the Championship.

How is Gauci still in this league?

Cos for once we have a quality player waiting til he has 10 offers to choose from, rather than jumping at the first offer and going into witness protection for 5 years til they end up 25 years old and washed in the A-League.

Cos for once we have a quality player waiting til he has 10 offers to choose from, rather than jumping at the first offer and going into witness protection for 5 years til they end up 25 years old and washed in the A-League.

Yep. Better to have 10 teams from Championship / lower PL beating your door down than to take the first offer right away.

I'm sure Gauci will make the jump when the time is right. I can see him as someone who could possibly make the jump straight to a lower level PL team. He has all the attributes.

Yep. Better to have 10 teams from Championship / lower PL beating your door down than to take the first offer right away.

I'm sure Gauci will make the jump when the time is right. I can see him as someone who could possibly make the jump straight to a lower level PL team. He has all the attributes.

I'd be very keen on us getting him in as he suits our style perfectly and has much more potential growth in him than Allsop.

As Elmer said, Glover is holding his own in the Championship and Gauci is a far better keeper than him.

Last edited:
Have heard him interviewed, he’s in no rush. Has said he doesn’t want to go too early.
I don't mind this attitude. We've seen a few cases of Aus/NZ talent jumping early and never amounting to anything. Arzani, de Silva and Singh spring to mind (this is one of my concerns with Irukanda despite the talent he has).

Still, I imagine the offers will come very soon, he's far and away the best keeper in the league and I shudder to think how many goals we'd ship with our amateur-level defence.

I don't mind this attitude. We've seen a few cases of Aus/NZ talent jumping early and never amounting to anything. Arzani, de Silva and Singh spring to mind (this is one of my concerns with Irukanda despite the talent he has).

Still, I imagine the offers will come very soon, he's far and away the best keeper in the league and I shudder to think how many goals we'd ship with our amateur-level defence.

Oh make no mistake, I think it's a commendable attitude, I just think he's being overly cautious and should back himself at some point soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back