Port v West coast rd 6 - time for West Coast to break the flat-track bully accusation

Remove this Banner Ad

WC already look better with Yeo into the middle and Duggan playing.
They aren't as bad as they're made out to be here and "should" be competitive here but I doubt they will win (and not many other teams will win here against Port either).
Port just have more talent but the Eagles will probably play finals this year.

Keep Yeo in the middle and let Duggan and Sheed spend time in it and we'll be a lot better place this year and next season.

Port are currently not what they were last year and if Simpson has watched a tape of any of their last 10 games he will know they are beatable.

Port are a flag threat and we are not. But flat track bullies is a load of s**t.

West Coast by 14.

Would be best to watch tape of the first 2 games where they actually loss.

Don't know about you, but the fact that they beat two good sides with an extremely unfavourable inside 50 count makes them even more scary as they rectify that problem.

Port are currently not what they were last year and if Simpson has watched a tape of any of their last 10 games he will know they are beatable.

Port are a flag threat and we are not. But flat track bullies is a load of s**t.

West Coast by 14.

"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all that I can?" - Sun Tzu, Art of War

Don't know about you, but the fact that they beat two good sides with an extremely unfavourable inside 50 count makes them even more scary as they rectify that problem.
They got lucky as in both games. The amount of assey goals they kicked and the amount of behinds the opposition kicked in both games

They got lucky as in both games. The amount of assey goals they kicked and the amount of behinds the opposition kicked in both games

Kaiser, prepare for a double reaming of your butthole this week. Port are gonna wipe the floor with WCE again after Barca already do so with Bayern midweek ;):hearts:

Kaiser, prepare for a double reaming of your butthole this week. Port are gonna wipe the floor with WCE again after Barca already do so with Bayern midweek ;):hearts:
Since both Bayern and WC are underdogs you will be in tears if they both go down

I watched all Port's games and beside that first quarter against the Hawks (most of which was arse) they haven't run over teams like last year.
Hawks missed their shots on goal and should've won.
The Crows quite like West Coast are a good side but compared to Hawthorn they are not.

The Hawks and Crows both had more inside 50's but they never got good clean shots on goal as Port's defence of getting numbers back from hard running is excellent.

I believe West Coast like playing at Adelaide oval and we have been scoring heavily. Our only game their last year against the Crows was quite attacking.
If Port let our average midfield get some run on and 60 inside 50's I think we will win.

Altough if Kennedy doesn't get up then we're probally cooked.
I'll be there. Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched all Port's games and beside that first quarter against the Hawks (most of which was arse) they haven't run over teams like last year.
The Crows quite like West Coast are a good side but compared to Hawthorn they are not.

The Hawks and Crows both had more inside 50's but they never got good clean shots on goal as Port's defence of getting numbers back from hard running is excellent.

I believe West Coast like playing at Adelaide oval and we have been scoring heavily. Our only game their last year against the Crows was quite attacking.
If Port let our average midfield get some run on and 60 inside 50's I think we will win.

Hawthorn and the Crows beat us on I50's because of their midfield pressure and hard presses. Can't see West Coast achieving that.

Also - those I50 conceded stats were inflated because of how the Hawks/Crows half backs were bombing it in. Port weren't necessarily dealing with the rebound exit from their back 50 well, but it was ping pong from Port D50 out to Hawks/Crows half forward line, then back in again without any finesse (especially in the Hawthorn game).

Adelaide's gameplan is based purely around pinning their opposition in their defensive 50, so their only hope of winning is a large I50 differential.

What you probably have also missed watching Port games on TV is the lightning fast pace of their matches so far. If you're at the game this week, watch how the ball carrier rarely is travelling slower than full sprint. They've upped that tempo from last year IMO. I don't think their fitness is any worse than last year, but that they're spending more fuel tickets earlier in the game. Hopefully that means as the weeks roll on that their fitness will catch up to the level required to play at that pace for 4 quarters. If last week is an indication, that's what's happening. And it's a scary thought if they can maintain that intensity for a whole game.

So in 2013 we only won games because we had a soft fixture.

In 2014, we only won games because we had 0 injuries and our opponents every week were missing key players.

Now so far this year, we are only winning games because our opponents are not taking their opportunities and we are kicking fluky goals. So much luck!

I'm already looking forward to next years new lot of excuses :rolleyes:

LoL you like playing Adelaide Oval?! You only played one game there :rolleyes:

The fact that we lost the i50 count and still managed to win tells me more about grinding games out then the opposition. And both of those opposition teams we lost the i50 count to have a midfield miles ahead of WCE. From what I'm hearing from WCE supporters is that they're all pinning their hopes on Kennedy. No doubt he's a gun but I think he will be easily subdued by an inform Carlile and that's if he plays.

LoL you like playing Adelaide Oval?! You only played one game there :rolleyes:

The fact that we lost the i50 count and still managed to win tells me more about grinding games out then the opposition. And both of those opposition teams we lost the i50 count to have a midfield miles ahead of WCE. From what I'm hearing from WCE supporters is that they're all pinning their hopes on Kennedy. No doubt he's a gun but I think he will be easily subdued by an inform Carlile and that's if he plays.
Subdued by Carlisle? Yeah I don't think so. If we win the midfield (huuuuge if) Kennedy will kick a bag no matter who's on him. However we'll likely be smashed in the midfield.

Subdued by Carlisle? Yeah I don't think so. If we win the midfield (huuuuge if) Kennedy will kick a bag no matter who's on him. However we'll likely be smashed in the midfield.

Carlile's in AA form.

Held Roughead goalless despite the Hawks having 8000 inside 50's, for instance.

Collingwood weren't a good side, and we should've beaten them in Melbourne and didn't anyway. The return fixture in Perth was one of the softest games I've seen from them so I'm not surprised we won by 10 goals.

We were never really in either derby. The scorelines don't reflect the games.

How can you say we weren't in it against the Dockers when we were in front in the last quarter in one of the games and in front in the 3rd quarter in the other o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back