James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

material breach of their contract. if they are suspended for drug related offences their contracts won't hold, they will not need to pay them.
exactly, then as the players would feel they were not at fault it would be on them to launch a law suit against Essendon to have them ultimately pay them loss of income.

Maybe this was Ports plan, sign Ryder up to a massive contract, heavily backload it hoping for a suspension and then get him for a year cheap as chips and never have the rest come out of there salary cap...

Oh absolutely worth a go - as are many of the GWS players.

I thought he was looking to "go home to Vic" though - might be a bridge too far? Again definitely worth a shot even if there is only a minute chance of getting him.

Then once you either have / or don't have Shiel ... you get Aish :)

with GWS signing on many of their young guns, I wonder how much is left in the account for Shiel

outside mids are not typically my favorite players but I do like Shiel

I'd take Shiel/Treloar over Aish in a heartbeat, but I doubt we're a shot at either. If GWS keep improving as they have been this year, I think both will remain where they are.

I'd take Shiel/Treloar over Aish in a heartbeat, but I doubt we're a shot at either. If GWS keep improving as they have been this year, I think both will remain where they are.

and their salary cap does have extra allowances

in saying that one would think that GWS can't possibly keep so many first round picks in their stable

and their salary cap does have extra allowances

in saying that one would think that GWS can't possibly keep so many first round picks in their stable

They'll surely lose a few along the way, but I think Shiel in particular is one they'll be doing everything possible to hang on to. Looks every bit like becoming a truly elite level midfielder.

Be more than happy to pay him 550-600k

With the size of contracts being thrown around these days and the number of clubs that would be competing for his services, Id say he'd be commanding more than that.

Anyways, good luck getting him. I mean it doesn't hurt to ask the questions I guess, but by all reports just as much of a w*nker as a certain bloke named Chad across the road. Also has his heart set on returning to Victoria.

I expect Treloar to stay based on what he's come out and said in the media, but Shiel is gone imo. Would be an absolute miracle if he came to SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TM-152_Schematic.gif

Wow, Neil Craig's gameplan, haven't seen that in ages.

You think we wouldn't be interested in a top 5 pick, South Australian who wants to come home, who had a very good first season, if his name wasn't Aish?

Number 5 pick?

Do tell

And no, the last thing our club needs is another one paced midfielder.
We need pace, desperately.. We need a ruckman, desperately, and if you have been watching we desperately need a key forward... So you would like us to overlook these needs for another draft?

Number 5 pick?

Do tell

And no, the last thing our club needs is another one paced midfielder.
We need pace, desperately.. We need a ruckman, desperately, and if you have been watching we desperately need a key forward... So you would like us to overlook these needs for another draft?

Pick 7, Point still stands, he was expected to go pick 2 until clubs became concerned he would want to return to SA after his first contract. You always take talent when talent is available.

Aish isn't slow, he may not be Dangerfield or Brodie Smith but he would be faster than our one paced midfielders, he is also a smart footballer who uses the ball very well on the outside.

Last edited:
Pick 7, Point stull stands, he was expected to go pick 2 until clubs became concerned he would want to return to SA after his first contract. You always take talent when talent is available.

Aish isn't slow, he may not be Dangerfield or Brodie Smith but he would be faster than our one paced midfielders, he is also a smart footballer who uses the ball very well on the outside.

Do you think he dropped to pick 7 because one paced, small bodied outside midfielders aren't in high demand?

Would I like Aish? Most certainly...
But this draft our number 1 pick must be used on a need, KPP, Ruck or an elite paced midfielder..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back