Round 8 2015: Hawthorn vs Sydney - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn have almost certainly missed out on the top 4. After 2 consecutive premierships are they just not hungry enough? Not having a go at them. 2 in a row is incredible in this era, maybe this time they just don't have as much desire as the likes of Freo and Sydney.

I wouldn't say it's certain they've missed top 4. They're still a good chance to make it there. Now that Freo and Sydney, as well as a couple of other lesser sides, have a decent gap over them in terms of W/L, it's going to be hard to make top two, though, and not having the home final might hurt them.

Seriously though, Rioli is a great player and I'd love him at the Swans, but the commentary that surrounds him is just awful. Takes an uncontested mark between two Swans players and it's some incredible feat of human skill (nevermind the player who actually put the kick in between the two players).

Have to wonder if there's something else about it.

We've been very complacent this year, even in the games we've won.

Our defence, while generally holding up well and not conceding high scores has been very leaky
Likewise our forward structure is all over the place as well, despite generally scoring well.

It's been a hell of a ride the last few years, had to end sometime

Mate replay that game 10 times hawks win at least 8 of them

Like 2012 GF, inaccurate kicking at Goal lost the game for Hawthorn.

Great Game though. And will be there at pointy end. (Though Fremantle will be hard to beat at home in a Prelim.)

Seriously though, Rioli is a great player and I'll love him at the Swans, but the commentary that surrounds him is just awful. Takes an uncontested mark between two Swans players and it's some incredible feat of human skill (nevermind the player who actually put the kick in between the two players).

Have to wonder if there's something else about it.

Luke darcy is just a bad commentator though to be fair

Cyril is a gun

People defending the Rioli fumble are mad. It was a simple take, not perfect delivery but AFL standard players are expected to take that.

People saying Rioli cost them the game are equally mad. He was a big part of them getting back into it, and then into the dominant position. In the end, players are human. He had a great game, shame about the fumble.

Balanced comment. The commentary is what's nauseating not his football.

Well done Sydney. More efficient when it mattered.

Cheers, mate. Good to see you're still representing the Crystal Palace fans of this forum in a positive way. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be in the top three players at your club......and people in Sydney all agree that his best is far behind him

Better then Riewoldt, Armitage, Bruce and Steven then? On his current form? Seriously? Drinking tonight then?

Few thoughts.

Geez the commentators were barracking for Hawthorn.

Hawks really should have won. Dominated after quarter time.

Goodes is definately still worth his spot on the list.

Rioli screwed the pooch.

Hawks will still finish top 4 but not top 2.

swans beaten, hawks lost. Bad kicking is bad football.

Been the same in every loss for the Hawks this year, more shots worse accuracy.

Better game than the other one anyway. Roos are averaging 10 points a quarter :drunk:

Dwayne doing the anchor job at Fox footy and his right hand is under the desk. It's really unsettling, is anyone else seeing this?

Don't blame Cyril, he was one of the best for us tonight. It was a fantastic game, however bad kicking is bad football. Credit to the Swans, their pressure all game was enormous. Reality is that it's most likely gonna be an away qualifying final, which is disappointing but easily winnable.

Hopefully we get some more games of a similar standard because most neutral footy this year has been garbage.

I'll admit I missed the first quarter, but I still can't believe Hawthorn lost that game the way they played tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back