• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Well we have butchered the 1st 2 months of the season and find ourselves in the 8 on percentage and 2 games off the top 4... Under this finals system since 2000 it shows you must make top 4 to win the flag, we probably need to win 11 of our last 14 so we will we do it ?

A few upsets this round and next round would be nice to close the gap between that second spot.

I still think we will finish in the top four. The next four games will tell us a lot about our top four aspirations.

Gold Coast (Aurora)
St Kilda (Etihad Stadium)
Adelaide (AO)
Essendon (MCG)

If we win all four games in the next month we are right in the mix again.

A few upsets this round and next round would be nice to close the gap between that second spot.

I still think we will finish in the top four. The next four games will tell us a lot about our top four aspirations.

Gold Coast (Aurora)
St Kilda (Etihad Stadium)
Adelaide (AO)
Essendon (MCG)

If we win all four games in the next month we are right in the mix again.

Gold Coast (Aurora) - W 80+
St Kilda (Etihad Stadium) - W 80+
Adelaide (AO) - W 15-25
Essendon (MCG) - W 30+
Pies (MCG) - W 30+
Freo (AU) - W 60+

We need to finish Top 2 to win the Flag....Which is almost entirely out of reach already.

History dictates that.

Top 4 equals a visit to Pattersons Vs Freo = Zero Chance.... Or a Visit to ANZ= Murdered by Umpires=No chance.

We had to win last week & we blew it!

• Banned
We need to finish Top 2 to win the Flag....Which is almost entirely out of reach already.

History dictates that.

Top 4 equals a visit to Pattersons Vs Freo = Zero Chance.... Or a Visit to ANZ= Murdered by Umpires=No chance.

Sydney did win it from 3rd in 2012.

History dictates that.

c'mon seriously? Of course we could win it from 3rd of 4th. Even outside top 4 i'd give us a serious shot if we've got a near full strength side.

c'mon seriously? Of course we could win it from 3rd of 4th. Even outside top 4 i'd give us a serious shot if we've got a near full strength side.

Nah with all Interstate teams making the top 4 If we don't it would be near impossible to win it from 5th-8th.

History dictates that.

Okay then...

Since the current finals configuration (2000) the premiership winner / GF'ists has come from the following placing's after the home / away season:

1st 2000 (premier), 2001 (RU), 2004 (premier), 2007 (premier), 2008 (RU), 2009 (RU), 2010 (premier), 2011 (RU), 2012 (RU), 2013 (premier), 2014 (RU)
2nd 2001 (premier), 2002 (premier) 2003 (RU), 2004 (RU), 2005 (RU), 2006 (premier), 2007 (RU), 2008 (premier), 2009 (premier), 2011 (premier), 2014 (premier)
3rd 2003 (premier), 2005 (premier), 2006 (RU), 2010 (RU), 2012 (premier), 2013 (RU)
4th 2002 (RU)
5th
6th
7th
8th

In 15 years 3 teams have come from outside the top 2 to win the premiership and 7 have come from outside the top 2 to make the GF. Of those 7 teams 2 lost the first match in week 1

So why not let the facts get in the way of a good story :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll make top 4. We've certainly made it difficult for ourselves to make top 2, but if we can win all 4 of Adelaide Away, West coast away, Freo in Tassie and Swans away, we can still do it. Big ask though. We'd need the Swans to stumble a bit I reckon.

I'd back us to win an away QF against Freo or Sydney anyway, stuff em.

Freo will be undefeated and travelling to Tassie with their seconds. I was being conservative with 60+
Unless they view it as an opportunity to hamper our chances and allay their fears.

Don't kid ourselves, not one contended wants to meet us on the G in September.

History is history!

Sydney did win it from 3rd in 2012.

YES & NO....Sydney remember, were gifted all our rights in 2012....NO AFL intervention, No flag.

Okay then...

Since the current finals configuration (2000) the premiership winner / GF'ists has come from the following placing's after the home / away season:

1st 2000 (premier), 2001 (RU), 2004 (premier), 2007 (premier), 2008 (RU), 2009 (RU), 2010 (premier), 2011 (RU), 2012 (RU), 2013 (premier), 2014 (RU)
2nd 2001 (premier), 2002 (premier) 2003 (RU), 2004 (RU), 2005 (RU), 2006 (premier), 2007 (RU), 2008 (premier), 2009 (premier), 2011 (premier), 2014 (premier)
3rd 2003 (premier), 2005 (premier), 2006 (RU), 2010 (RU), 2012 (premier), 2013 (RU)
4th 2002 (RU)

In 15 years 3 teams have come from outside the top 2 to win the premiership and 7 have come from outside the top 2 to make the GF. Of those 7 teams 2 lost the first match in week 1

So why not let the facts get in the way of a good story
:rolleyes:

INDEED, why not....You can count out 2005 & 2012, as they were courtesy of AFL interference....Unless of course you think they'll be cutting us any slack during the finals?

That leaves 2003 as the only anomaly.

Also please keep in mind context Hawkk....I was speaking only of our history!....You're usually alot more precise than this!

Last edited:
Yes. Maybe. If we don't lose anymore than 2 of our remaining games then just maybe top 4. Top 2 extremely doubt it. As for top no way. Freo have got top spot sewn up IMO unless disaster strikes.

Gold Coast (Aurora) - W 80+
St Kilda (Etihad Stadium) - W 80+
Adelaide (AO) - W 15-25
Essendon (MCG) - W 30+
Pies (MCG) - W 30+
Freo (AU) - W 60+

The Adelaide game will be the toughest game over the next month. I'm confident we can win all four matches if we can get that form back.

Freo will be undefeated and travelling to Tassie with their seconds. I was being conservative with 60+

Don't think Freo will send their 2nd's this time - they will have extra incentive to win - try and prevent Hawks from making top 4 or at best 4th for a trip west. We must get on a roll immediately and determine our own fate.

Kind of doubt it... Need others to stuff up that's a position you don't want to be in:( three peat dream was nice while it lasted

Back