FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to point out the direct spoiler in one of the above posts, but can arrogant book *******s please not contribute to the thread regardless of how vague they think they're being?

I'm not going to point out the direct spoiler in one of the above posts, but can arrogant book *******s please not contribute to the thread regardless of how vague they think they're being?

Besides the fact the show has passed the books and there are no more book spoilers regardless of how much you want to sook.

Dc34gXY.png

Except for the part where she completely ignored the oaths she swore to Catlyn and Jaime when she abandoned Sansa.

But that was only to fulfill the extension of another oath she swore to protect Renly - even Stannis called it doing her duty.

It's done purposely like the Hound's death.

We didn't see the Hound die because Arya left him to die alone. Brienne swung the sword at Stannis but we didn't see it connect because... cinematic? Not the same.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you point it out in spoiler tags. I have no idea what you're referring to and I haven't read a word of the books.

If it's the Jon Snow coming back thing that was my first thought as soon as he died. Mel coming back to Castle Black right before it and the stuff with Thoros of Myr seem to point to it.

Despite the talk about jon snow, I believe the writers when they say he's dead too.

I was on the "Oh he's coming back" wagon straight away but it probably doesn't matter. But if he stays dead I'm not sure what Melisandre and Davos are going to do next season. Snipe at each other on the ship back to Dragonstone? And on that, what happened to Stannis' ships after they dropped the Free Folk near the Wall?

Stannis is dead, so dead.

Despite the talk about jon snow, I believe the writers when they say he's dead too.

We move on
Doesn't matter if he's coming back or not, they can't exactly say "Yeah he's dead but don't worry about it he'll be revived by the Lord of Light in ep 1."

I don't want him to be dead, but the show creators say he is dead. They could have easily said

"You'll have to watch to find out....who knows the mysteries....oooooh"

But no, they said straight up, he dead.
Not really, that clearly means he comes back. The last shot is him dying, anything other than 'he's dead' is a giveaway he's coming back.

I'm not saying he isn't permanently dead (hope not), just that what the creators say at this point isn't really relevant imo.

If we get media reports of "Kit Harington sighted in [Game of Thrones location]" that'll be the giveaway. They'd have to JJ Abrams this s**t to keep it quiet.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back