FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

Tywin didn't have Melisandre in the building and Davos looking for a plotline.

Film it discreetly in a Los Angeles studio.

Last edited:
Thats not a spoiler simpleton, just an opinion - last we saw of Jon in the books was him getting stabbed same as the tv show
I didn't say it was, I said if he was going to be brought back to life (which the creators would know because GRRM has given them the outline of the rest of the story) the creators can't exactly answer questions like "is Jon coming back" with "Yes, he is" or even "Maybe, you'll have to see" because we saw him die. It would totally ruin the surprise of the next season/book.

I'm not saying he will come back, just that in my opinion the creators/Kit Harington saying "he's dead" has pretty much no real bearing on whether we'll actually see him again or not.

No problem, the thing about spoilers was I wanted to know what that poster was referring to as the 'obvious spoiler'. I couldn't tell what it was.

There wasn't one he was just being pedantic

Stannis is coming back, and this time he has cheat codes

MK0JPx7.gif

I believe his point was Charles Dance would've been seen on location, despite being killed the previous season.

Was in the air en route to Thailand when the finale aired, spent the last week avoiding spoilers and did a pretty good job of it.

Do non-book readers in here think this season was (Outside episode 8) a failure?

lol not even close. Don't get all the hate for the ep (and season) at all. Yeah there were a few issues (Dorne, pacing) but still the best show on TV by a fair margin.

It would be the worst and least emotional way to kill him ever. I kind of watched that thinking there is no way he is dead, and the show ended and left it on a balance that was kind of meant to be a cliffhanger, so most people are thinking he is not dead, but he could be. If it turns out he is dead at the start of next season, then it would be kind of like "oh ok then, that really sucks"... instead of if they had of just shown him die unequivocally in this episode which would have had much more impact.

Honestly though if Jon Snow is dead that is the worst way to end a series ever. You don't kill a character in an ambiguous way at the very end of the season so people are like "is he dead? :confused:" instead of "oh my god! :cry:". So I think he isn't dead just based on that.

Thought it was pretty unequivocal and unambiguous, he's definitely dead. Whether or not Melissandre can pull a Beric Dondarrion on him is the question, hope so.

Did anyone notice his blood makes the shape of a howling wolf?

11423403_1187810251245268_4592532884120562815_n.jpg
Bit of a stretch. Maybe a howling camel lol

What a crap ending. So many things happenend and all so poorly implemented. No interesting dialogue whatsoever. None. the lack of showing the battle they have been talking up all season was a disgrace, particularly after showing so much of the battle that came out of nowhere in episode 8. Stannis death was just super lame and pathetic.

Its a budget thing. Yeah very anti-climactic but I'm happy they spent the cash on the Hardhome battle and fighting pits/Drogon if they had to choose.

Stannis is definitely dead, director said showing his death would have been 'gratuitous' :drunk:

lol, yep wouldn't want anything gratuitous on game of thrones, I call bulldust. Reckon Stannis isn't cooked just yet, for no other reason that I can't think of any (proper) reason why they would have his death off screen. But as someone mentioned, doesn't make much difference either way - his quest to become king is over.

I could certainly believe both were suicidal however.

It took me a while to actually even consider they might be alive. Both had every reason not to want to live anymore, their lives were complete hell and were only going to get worse. Brienne missed Sansa's signal which made the consequences of her putting vengeance before duty that much greater and everyone else was dying in the show so I just assumed this was another death scene. When I watched the scene the first time it looked like they were jumping directly onto ice.

You can argue the mechanics and definition of a 'cliffhanger' I guess but I never for a second thought they were willingly jumping to their deaths. Just wasn't filmed that way, was obvious that in their own minds they were jumping to escape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was pretty unequivocal and unambiguous, he's definitely dead. Whether or not Melissandre can pull a Beric Dondarrion on him is the question, hope so.
That's not really dead though. That's why I didn't really feel anything when I saw that scene even though I love Jon Snow's character... at first I was like :eek: but then when they didn't finish him off properly and just left him bleeding in the snow, I was like "Oh, he'll be ok". Everyone who really dies gets killed in a way that shows they aren't coming back. And for a character as important as Jon Snow, there is no way a good writer would kill him on a cliff hanger if they didn't mean for the audience to be wondering if he will be back in the next season. So it was definitely not an unequivocal death.

I sure thought it was, the guy is lying there with his eyes open. Stannis' death is what you would call ambiguous or not unequivocal.

Didn't even occur to me until about 5 minutes after it ended that Mel was back at the Wall and went oh snap (and oh yay lol)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back