FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

Theon and Sansa spent most of their lives at Winterfell.

They knew what they were doing (ie where to jump safely)

I didn't really even consider that they were jumping to their deaths

I could certainly believe both were suicidal however.

It took me a while to actually even consider they might be alive. Both had every reason not to want to live anymore, their lives were complete hell and were only going to get worse. Brienne missed Sansa's signal which made the consequences of her putting vengeance before duty that much greater and everyone else was dying in the show so I just assumed this was another death scene. When I watched the scene the first time it looked like they were jumping directly onto ice.

Soooo we're debating how believable a scene is in a show with dragons, fire magic and white walkers? :drunk:
And dwarfs.

For your consumption only

Game-of-Thrones-Character-Relationships.png

What are the chances we see Ayra's direwolf (Nymeria) again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could certainly believe both were suicidal however.

It took me a while to actually even consider they might be alive. Both had every reason not to want to live anymore, their lives were complete hell and were only going to get worse. Brienne missed Sansa's signal which made the consequences of her putting vengeance before duty that much greater and everyone else was dying in the show so I just assumed this was another death scene. When I watched the scene the first time it looked like they were jumping directly onto ice.

You're in the minority on this one, I think. Most people understood that they were jumping to escape not to commit suicide and the implication was that they would survive. It would've totally sucked to see them land and then cut to another scene. The way they've done it means they can either show the landing next season or just skip it and show them running hand in hand into the nearby forest. Seems smart to me.

Soooo we're debating how believable a scene is in a show with dragons, fire magic and white walkers? :drunk:

I hate this bullshit argument. The show has always prided itself on being realistic within the boundaries it sets. Falling great distances has always left characters either crippled or dead.

I hate this bullshit argument. The show has always prided itself on being realistic within the boundaries it sets. Falling great distances has always left characters either crippled or dead.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand

For starters you have no idea if they have broken legs or other ailments. And secondly there is a big difference between getting pushed off something and jumping where you can prepare yourself and aren't landing on your head or spine.

Go jump off a roof onto rock or hard ground and then into a snow bank and tell us the difference.

Theon and Sansa spent most of their lives at Winterfell.

They knew what they were doing (ie where to jump safely)

I didn't really even consider that they were jumping to their deaths
That was my take on it as well

yeah they didnt really explain which direct they'd head, or plan of attack.
I think they said the dragon was seen heading north, that's about it tho.

They were right to leave the imp behind to govern Meereen. Well, time will tell of course, but I thought Daario made the right choices there from the info he had.

They were right to leave the imp behind to govern Meereen. Well, time will tell of course, but I thought Daario made the right choices there from the info he had.
I don't know if it's just me but I still can't accept this new Daario actor, even though he's been Daario for longer than the original. It just shits me so much.

Tommen, Myrcella and the Mountain are all fine but not Daario.

impy would be apprehensive given what he's seen. i mean there's still many of the masked masters out there. id like to know how many unsullied there are after massacres

I'm not an expert on snow but doesn't it have to be fresh to be soft? And there'd need to be a lot of it to cushion the landing from that height. Theon or Sansa will have a broken leg next time we see them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back